Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I didn’t say extra cap space, I said this was potentially an avenue to increase LTIR overages, and if that amounted to potentially more LTIR cushion than accruing cap space for the deadline.

But you’re not gaining anything. We currently have 945k in capspace with a 22 man roster. At the deadline that’s more like 4 million. If you add Fast, you’re now 1.454 over the cap and start the year on LTIR meaning you no longer accrue capspace. You therefore want to be as close to 2.4 million (Fast’s caphit) over the cap as you can, because any excess is simply lost. So you call up Jarventie, and get to 2.348 over the cap. You now have 52k less capspace (the amount you came up short of 2.4) to operate with than the rest of the league. And after you send down Jarventie, you now only have 894k in capspace, and you’ll have that same 894k whether it’s day one, or trade deadline. So now instead of being able to add Provorov, Chychrun, Larsson, etc at the deadline, the best you can hope for is a guy like Mike Reilly or Erik Johnson. And even those require the other team to retain.

The only way it makes sense to acquire a LTIR player is if you’re out of cap but can dump an overpaid healthy player for an LTIR player, like Vegas did with the Dadonov for Weber trade. Weber goes to LTIR, and you can now pick up another 5 million dollar player, equivalent to Dadonov’s cap. You don’t just gain extra headroom. If you did, we would have signed Oscar Klefbom to a league max contract.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Like I wrote and outlined. It's a management and coaching problemtunity. I'd like to see the Nurse Bouchard raw numbers and situational play overlay to assess your claim. But regardless Nurse isn't going anywhere so it'd be nice to see some new material from you. Repeating things endlessly across multiple threads over and over and over won't bend reality.
Its a fair request.
Admittedly its become mostly just rants at this point. Justifiable IMO but rants none the less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hell no man. You go for this 100%. When you have a chance at a top 4 right handed dman, you jump on it. Tell me when was the last time we were able to go big game hunting and were able to grab a top 4 right handed dman? The only one I remember is Larsson and that was in season where we had to give away Taylor Hall. Don't wait on this.

Punch the button and don't worry about it
Whos the top 4 D man in that deal?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
But you’re not gaining anything. We currently have 945k in capspace with a 22 man roster. At the deadline that’s more like 4 million. If you add Fast, you’re now 1.454 over the cap and start the year on LTIR meaning you no longer accrue capspace. You therefore want to be as close to 2.4 million (Fast’s caphit) over the cap as you can, because any excess is simply lost. So you call up Jarventie, and get to 2.348 over the cap. You now have 52k less capspace (the amount you came up short of 2.4) to operate with than the rest of the league. And after you send down Jarventie, you now only have 894k in capspace, and you’ll have that same 894k whether it’s day one, or trade deadline. So now instead of being able to add Provorov, Chychrun, Larsson, etc at the deadline, the best you can hope for is a guy like Mike Reilly or Erik Johnson. And even those require the other team to retain.

The only way it makes sense to acquire a LTIR player is if you’re out of cap but can dump an overpaid healthy player for an LTIR player, like Vegas did with the Dadonov for Weber trade. Weber goes to LTIR, and you can now pick up another 5 million dollar player, equivalent to Dadonov’s cap. You don’t just gain extra headroom. If you did, we would have signed Oscar Klefbom to a league max contract.

You're not following me, I'm not suggesting going into the season in LTIR.

I'm not busting out the abacus but I think you can fit Fast's $2,400,000 before the start of the season if you did some cap gymnastics (demote Perry, bury Brown, Rodrigue for Pickard) and fit in Fast on a 21/20 man roster. Season starts, LTIR Fast and Kane, call up Perry & Brown. You're into LTIR but you have about ~ $7.5M in bonus cushion from Kane and Fast's contracts. This is of course assuming they never come off LTIR during the regular season and we never have to activate Kane or Fast's cap off LTIR before the postseason.

I'm open to being wrong about this.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
You're not following me, I'm not suggesting going into the season in LTIR.

I'm not busting out the abacus but I think you can fit Fast's $2,400,000 before the start of the season if you did some cap gymnastics (demote Perry, bury Brown, Rodrigue for Pickard) and fit in Fast on a 21/20 man roster. Season starts, LTIR Fast and Kane, call up Perry & Brown. You're into LTIR but you have about ~ $7.5M in bonus cushion from Kane and Fast's contracts. This is of course assuming they never come off LTIR during the regular season and we never have to activate Kane or Fast's cap off LTIR before the postseason.

I’m following. There’s just no benefit. You can make the roster work to be able to fit Fast’s 2.4 million in cap if you waive Perry and Brown. You then call the players back up once the season is going(assuming you didn’t lose them), and you’re right back where you started. You don’t lose Fast’s cap hit, AND gain LTIR space. LTIR means you keep his cap hit on the books, but get to exceed the cap by up to his caphit.

Last edited:

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I’m following. There’s just no benefit. You can make the roster work to be able to fit Fast’s 2.4 million in cap if you waive Perry and Brown. You then call the players back up once the season is going(assuming you didn’t lose them), and you’re right back where you started. You don’t lose Fast’s cap hit, and gain LTIR space. LTIR means you keep his cap hit on the books, but get to exceed the cap by up to his caphit.

There's no benefit to bringing in players using LTIR cushion and then activating players off LTIR in the postseason when the cap doesn't exist? Let me go tell Vegas.

Oh no, someone claimed Brown. Anyways.
Perry makes the Spezza threat.

And I don't think Perry and Brown perfectly fit in Fast because I'm not sure Perry's bonus counts against the cap in such a manner. Might be a bonus that gets applied to next years cap. I said I didn't want to get into the math of it.

I understand the point you're making that Fast's caphit is being accounted for by recalling Perry & Brown, the "right back where you started", but you could also recall lesser cap players (I wouldn't recall Brown anyways), not recall those players till the postseason, or better yet trade for an actual Top-4 defenseman using that LTIR space.

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He also makes over twice what everyone else besides Bouchard makes
And we have the cap space. Fabbro's contract ends after this season so it'll be off the books. So what's the problem?

I hate that, if we want him, we will have to give up Max Wanner. He's such a good prospect and he's already excelled in the AHL in his rookie year.

But this is a chance we should take. No one else on our right side can play in the top 4.

Yeah I know you're going to say Stecher. But, in my opinion, (like I told you earlier this week) I don't think Stecher can handle that role with an unpredictable player like Nurse on his pair

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
And we have the cap space. Fabbro's contract ends after this season so it'll be off the books. So what's the problem?

I hate that, if we want him, we will have to give up Max Wanner. He's such a good prospect and he's already excelled in the AHL in his rookie year.

But this is a chance we should take. No one else on our right side can play in the top 4.

Yeah I know you're going to say Stecher. But, in my opinion, (like I told you earlier this week) I don't think Stecher can handle that role with an unpredictable player like Nurse on his pair
Emberson.

Fabbro has been a third pairing D the last 2 years.

He played fewer minutes than Barrie last year at 5on5

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oh god I hope it’s just a stupid twitter rumor.

it’s a really bad photoshop job I’m sure he’s being sarcastic.

And I hope that thing is just someone trying to get attention in the worst way possible I really hope he and his family are ok
You’d think so, but I’m not so sure. His leaf’s homer glasses, the leaf’s derangement syndrome that comes with it, and his general stupidity puts it up in the air.

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
Oh god I hope it’s just a stupid twitter rumor.

it’s a really bad photoshop job I’m sure he’s being sarcastic.

And I hope that thing is just someone trying to get attention in the worst way possible I really hope he and his family are ok

He's not, he's just taken one hit too many to start with.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s obviously a joke man
You’d think so, but I’m not so sure. His leaf’s homer glasses, the leaf’s derangement syndrome that comes with it, and his general stupidity puts it up in the air.

That said, even jokes can have ulterior motives. Biz pushing for McDavid to go to Leafs was still implied.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
He's always been a total douche and can't play defense to save his life. DeAngelo would raise Oil country's blood pressure up even higher with his atrocious defense

Why on earth would we remotely trade one of our heart and soul players in Nuge for a Fabbro that will be UFA after next season?
(And I'm a supporter of the Fabbro to the Oilers train)
Oh I aint advocating for it, just wondering what they'd want out loud.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Like I wrote and outlined. It's a management and coaching problemtunity. I'd like to see the Nurse Bouchard raw numbers and situational play overlay to assess your claim. But regardless Nurse isn't going anywhere so it'd be nice to see some new material from you. Repeating things endlessly across multiple threads over and over and over won't bend reality.
Love this word thanks!!!

Reactions: AddyTheWrath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad