Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | All Star Break Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Off the top of my head he was benched for a significant time during the LA game and the Detroit game.
I don’t know how to link the TOI chart from NHL.com from my phone, but it shows him taking his usual five shifts in the 3rd in both those games. There’s a gap in the second period during the LA game, but I’m guessing that’s because there were like 8 penalties that period.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
They could make it a monster by including Broberg and Konecny
maybe the arm twist for the flyers will be if we take carter hart back in the deal. PR boost for the flyers, we can take his leave cap hit and cut him and deal with the PR side of it. but its worth it to dump campbell and get konecny

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
maybe the arm twist for the flyers will be if we take carter hart back in the deal. PR boost for the flyers, we can take his leave cap hit and cut him and deal with the PR side of it. but its worth it to dump campbell and get konecny
The Flyers get cap help with his contract, also, Absolutely not.

Reactions: McDoused

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Cant figure out why some think Flurey would want to come here. Didn't he make it explicitly clear that he never wanted to be trading to a Canadian team?
Hart will probably never play in the NHL again which I (and most) are probably fine with.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Cant figure out why some think Flurey would want to come here. Didn't he make it explicitly clear that he never wanted to be trading to a Canadian team?

Hart will probably never play in the NHL again which I (and most) are probably fine with.
Depends if he is found guilty or not.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The thing about Ebs is I could see him re-signing with the Oilers so it's not a rental. But I'm not sure he would move the needle. We would also need to add Boone.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The thing about Ebs is I could see him re-signing with the Oilers so it's not a rental. But I'm not sure he would move the needle. We would also need to add Boone.
If they add Eberle and Carrier, that would move the needle for me fine. Eberle isn't as high end as some available, but he improves the depth.

Reactions: Canovin

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

Whether he comes back is likely irrelevant as he is due a QO in the next 6 months. There seems no way the trial can possibly finish by then, and I just cannot see Philly giving him a QO with all the publicity. Hence he will be a UFA if he ever comes back to the league. Not something you trade for.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
If they add Eberle and Carrier, that would move the needle for me fine. Eberle isn't as high end as some available, but he improves the depth.

A top 6 forward and a top 4 D like Carrier to replace Ceci = WWWWWWWWWWW

Is he even available? Haven't heard a peep about him yet. He still has term which makes sense for Ken Holland.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
What number would Eberle wear? All of us with Eberle jerseys would have to change the number. The Viking ain't giving up 14!

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'm worried Holloway at the 3C isn't much of a threat in the playoffs. McLeod has also been doing really well on the wing.

Ebs, Boone, Carrier/Fabbro.

Move Campbell, Ceci, picks and prospects

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm worried Holloway at the 3C isn't much of a threat in the playoffs. McLeod has also been doing really well on the wing
It will be McLeod or even Nuge(I suspect), but I understand wanting to deepen in that spot.

What number would Eberle wear? All of us with Eberle jerseys would have to change the number. The Viking ain't giving up 14!
He will wear 96, to upset Jaimo

Reactions: Canovin

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Depends if he is found guilty or not.
exactly. All these people making statements like they know what happened. Let's let the courts figure out if they were guilty and what their punishments will be like. No reason to being making statements about something, that you don't know all the facts about.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

Glad that you know all the facts to arrive at this conclusion before the trial.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd still love to see more of a Holloway-McLeod-Foegele line. If you can get a very fast line like that going then a top 6 winger addition is an obvious choice.

Konecny would probably my top target if he was available especially with him having a 2nd year left on his deal. I'd give up 2 1sts and a prospect not on the roster for 50% retention. Would basically fill a spot for next year that you don't need to add at the deadline. Not really sure why the Flyers would deal him though.

Guentzel, Tarasenko or Jenner would be my next targets depending on the price. I'm becoming less and less inclined to look for a Ceci upgrade whereas I previously was. The market of RHD outside of Tanev (who obviously carries injury risk and is starting to slow down) is very marginal upgrades on Ceci. Nurse is also playing very well with him this year so I don't know if its worth finding him a new partner.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Because Woodcroft’s system was ass. Kulak just happened to massively improve when they swapped to a system that fit all of his strengths.

Broberg has been terrible on gap control, defending the blue line, quick outlets and holding the blue line. He isn’t going to magically turn all those into strengths now that they’re running a system that relies on those things.

Too many people talk like it’s the NHL video game where you swap a 75 overall out for a 72 overall or something and completely ignore skillset and fit.
Lol so kulak was bad because of the system but Broberg is bad just because good argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad