GDT: Preseason GM04| Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | Sat. Sep 28th | 6pm PST | SNP | It’s On TV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The only people freaking out are the EP fanboys who can’t seem to handle mild concern being registered about our $11 million player who finished last year with 0 ES goals in his last 32 games.

Markus Naslund had defenders who firmly believed he would magically turn into the same dynamic player he was pre-Moore hit.

We haven't hit a large sample size yet to panic but it's perfectly normal to be somewhat concerned or perplexed with his listless play so far. It's worth noting that there is a history with this player looking like crap...early 2021 was....not so good.

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Markus Naslund had defenders who firmly believed he would magically turn into the same dynamic player he was pre-Moore hit.

We haven't hit a large sample size yet to panic but it's perfectly normal to be somewhat concerned or perplexed with his listless play so far.

It was the single biggest story of last season and somehow the fanbase seems to have some sort of collective amnesia about it.

All I’m saying is that Pettersson was very bad for an extended stretch to finish last season (nobody can argue this), that you would have really hoped he’d come out firing looking like someone with something to prove (I don’t think anyone can argue this either) and that when he has a couple games that look identical to his poor finish last year it registers as a bit concerning (which I think is totally reasonable).

I’ve said repeatedly there’s no reason to panic and given Pettersson’s erratic history he might score 12 points in his next 3 games. But you can’t feel super great about anything that’s happened with this player in 2024 and I’m not sure how some people are so dismissive of any concerns.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
It was the single biggest story of last season and somehow the fanbase seems to have some sort of collective amnesia about it.

All I’m saying is that Pettersson was very bad for an extended stretch to finish last season (nobody can argue this), that you would have really hoped he’d come out firing looking like someone with something to prove (I don’t think anyone can argue this either) and that when he has a couple games that look identical to his poor finish last year it registers as a bit concerning (which I think is totally reasonable).

I’ve said repeatedly there’s no reason to panic and given Pettersson’s erratic history he might score 12 points in his next 3 games. But you can’t feel super great about anything that’s happened with this player in 2024 and I’m not sure how some people are so dismissive of any concerns.

These are glorified practices and to expect any $12m player to come out firing is a bit silly.

What's actually encouraging to me is that he managed to make it through 7 minutes of talking to the press at the beginning of camp without getting pissy and staying calm, even though many of the questions were annoying and repetitive. In previous years there would have been at least a couple of eye rolls to these questions.

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I don’t think I can handle more of the same Pettersson from last season. Not with the new contract. Especially the falling down all the time.

honestly i don’t care if he falls every single shift if he still scores in the top ten and plays great d. he can and has been incredibly effective while constantly losing his feet.

what we don’t want is him carrying the puck into the o zone, slowing down, passively stickhandling looking for a seam pass that never emerges, then eventually throwing a too late pass to someone who’s not open and immediately gets checked. that’s the garbage petey.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
need to see shades of rookie petey dominate a game even if its preseason. take it hard to the net be selfish and blast pucks.

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
Put me in the concerned-about-Pettersson camp. I don't expect him to go 100% in the preseason, and I don't even need him to score. I just want to see some of the old magic. Just a glimpse. Deke a guy. Intercept a pass. Gain the zone with authority. There was a time when he did these things nightly and I want it back.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So with the game on TV I suppose its not being streamed? Since Benning having long since sapped my interest I just prefer to have the game up on my second monitor now.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
After seeing what happened in Montreal with Laine, don’t play any of our star players another game in the preseason, it’s not worth it

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Don't touch my monkey
*spanks*

After seeing what happened in Montreal with Laine, don’t play any of our star players another game in the preseason, it’s not worth it

Doughty, Nylander and now Laine.

We should really have a division wide prospect tournament and 3 pre-season games max. This is such a waste of time now.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hoping that Silovs sits tonight, we know what we've got with him, if he's going to be carrying the bulk of games to start the season we don't need him playing again tonight. Would rather get a look at one of the kids to see how they fare.

Excited to get another look at Lekk, Raty, Sasson, Blais and Sprong. This is an important game for Juulsen, he's gotta show better than Wednesday.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I’m more comfortable going into the season when a team has a bad or middling offseason. There’s no actual logic to it, I think it just sets expectations lower.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad