Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | All Star Break Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Seravalli believes the Oilers won't just want to go in with Pickard and Campbell as the 1B. He sees us making a move for a Fleury type goalie. He keeps bringing his name up. He does not know if Fleury would waive

Reactions: McDoused

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I have my doubts about trading Broberg. He's an upcoming RFA and he will likely be signed for very cheap. For a team that's in a desperate cap crunch, he might be of great value.
Imo he should be almost untouchable. We can't just go all out and have the team implode in 4 years. We need young D like Broberg in the system. Plus I doubt other teams understand the nuances of Broberg as well as our team does, and might even short change us because Broberg asked for a trade.

I know Broberg isn't a sure thing but that's how young players go.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Might be in the minority here but all of the chips should be on the table so to speak. We need to make a couple of trades for impact players if we want to get to the next level (Finals appearance and ideally winning a Cup). I’m fine with trading any prospects/picks as we are in win now mode.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Might be in the minority here but all of the chips should be on the table so to speak. We need to make a couple of trades for impact players if we want to get to the next level (Finals appearance and ideally winning a Cup). I’m fine with trading any prospects/picks as we are in win now mode.
Imo that's an easy out. The other easy way out is to do nothing.

Holland's job is hard. He has to load us up for a cup run, but he also has to make sure we don't ruin our future.

And btw succeeding on both fronts is the only way we keep Draisaitl and McDavid. If we cheap out and disappoint in the playoffs, they have little reason to stay. If we we win it all but have no future, then it will be "thanks for the memories, but I'm out of here"

Reactions: Oil53 and McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Seravalli believes the Oilers won't just want to go in with Pickard and Campbell as the 1B. He sees us making a move for a Fleury type goalie. He keeps bringing his name up. He does not know if Fleury would waive

Hes mentioned fleury a lot on Oilersnation but Tyler Yaremchuk keeps shooting it down. Guy doesn't know how to listen to one of the most plugged in guys in hockey.

He also said next player to move is most likely Chris Tanev. No surprise there
My guess is Dallas.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Hes mentioned fleury a lot on Oilersnation but Tyler Yaremchuk keeps shooting it down. Guy doesn't know how to listen to one of the most plugged in guys in hockey.

My guess is Dallas.
With Tanev, maybe the fact we can give a decent Dman in Ceci helps our cause, just like how Vancouver gave Kuzmenko to Calgary. I'm not sure if the other suitors for Tanev would have a similar deal

Reactions: McDoused

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I’ve often thought that but I’m starting to think I’d like to see him play under Coffey next season. I’m guessing they likely move Kulak out in the off-season and give Broberg a shot. Saves just under 2M in cap space.
Then if he fails again then what?

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Broberg is going to make a lot of you guys look dumb. Just like Bouchard, Skinner, McLeod, Desharnais and Holloway, Oil fans rush to call these prospects bust for some reason. It takes time to get your footing in the best league in the world. Why some people find that so hard to understand is beyond me.....

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Broberg is going to make a lot of you guys look dumb. Just like Bouchard, Skinner, McLeod, Desharnais and Holloway, Oil fans rush to call these prospects bust for some reason. It takes time to get your footing in the best league in the world. Why some people find that so hard to understand is beyond me.....
This isn’t a rush. He was drafted in 2019 and it’s 2024. He’s a year younger than Bouchard. What was Bouchard doing last year?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I mean that timeline is actually fine for a guy who had some injury issues. He's 22 years old and could be very valuable on a cheap contract. Look at a guy like Forsling. He didn't blossom until late.
He didn’t blossom but he was at least forcing his way onto rosters and showing improvement in his early 20’s.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
He didn’t blossom but he was at least forcing his way onto rosters and showing improvement in his early 20’s.

Go look at their career paths. Broberg and Forsling have very similar trajectories. Both guys spent 2 years in Europe before coming over to the AHL. It took Forsling 4 years of splitting time in the AHL before he finally became a full time NHLer with Florida.

Broberg should be a NHLer right now but was being dicked around by woody. Go listen to Bruce Curlock talk about how he's an NHLer playing in the AHL. He's dominating the AHL right now.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
I was onboard for Maroon before we picked up Perry. But the two of them together is a lot of old and slow in the bottom 6 imo.
Agree. Also, not sure Maroon and Kane can be in the same room without some trouble breaking out. The first time Kane faced Maroon after recovering from the arm injury, he looked determined to do some damage. Think there’s a lingering animosity brewing there.

mkatcherin00

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
It would be nice to see Broberg in this new system, but I think they are going to use him for a good trade...I don't thinl they have the luxury of waiting. Either play him and he has said he wants out. Kulak-Deharnais have been playing well.

Ideally he could step in and play so we could trade away a higher cap hit player and save $$

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Go look at their career paths. Broberg and Forsling have very similar trajectories. Both guys spent 2 years in Europe before coming over to the AHL. It took Forsling 4 years of splitting time in the AHL before he finally became a full time NHLer with Florida.

Broberg should be a NHLer right now but was being dicked around by woody. Go listen to Bruce Curlock talk about how he's an NHLer playing in the AHL. He's dominating the AHL right now.

Broberg was gifted a spot out of camp and still couldn’t make it work. He was given more opportunity than he deserved. He’s shown nothing at the nhl level because he’s a toolsy player with no high end skills. In the AHL he can skate circles around everyone and he has decent size. In the NHL where everyone’s big and skates well and you have to face real world class talent broberg just doesn’t have anything to bring to the table. He has no niche to carve out because he has nothing that he’s really elite at with or without the puck.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Really not a MAF fan at this stage. I have seen him look pretty awful this season. Give Pickard 5 or 6 more starts before the deadline please. I also suspect that another team will pay more to get Fleury, the Avs or Kings for instance.

The only (affordable) upgrades out there: Lankinen, Nedeljevic and Primeau. None of them have much playoff success on their resumes. Pickard has been fine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad