Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: "But it was not, an interesting day" - the narrator

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will it be an interesting (Fri)day in Oil Country?

• Sources say it could be

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Sources say nothing imminent

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Sources say tarot cards are my sources

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Sources say "ask again later".

Votes: 63 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
O'Reilly was definitely my #1 preference. Having a guy like that in the ear of our vets would have a long-lasting impact. I'm still optimistic that Toews could be an option, if healthy. Henrique would probably be an even bigger get.

lol

Ken doesn't even have the cap space to call up Holloway or Desharnais..

Yes he does. He's too much of a doofus to send down Janmark or Puljujarvi instead. Probably pissed away a point at least in the last two games because we allowed like 4 or 5 PP goals against?

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Maybe Holland should have passed up on Kane and acquired someone like Josh Manson instead...

Hindsight!

Doesn't translate to wins because there is more to scoring points in the game.

If you don't think adding a dman like Karlsson doesn't translate to wins just based on 'point scoring' then idk what your mindset is getting to. Karlsson doesn't only put up points. He'd change the dynamic of this team on the back end as the defacto elite number 1 this team's been lacking since Pronger. Able to move the puck out consistently without issues, can still skate like the wind, make our PP a bigger threat, and be a mentor for the likes of Broberg and Bouchard.

But then again, you're already content with just watching McDrai for the next 3-4 years EVEN if that doesn't win them a cup. That's just shameful. Accepting mediocrity.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
lol

Yes he does. He's too much of a doofus to send down Janmark or Puljujarvi instead. Probably pissed away a point at least in the last two games because we allowed like 4 or 5 PP goals against?
Janmark>Holloway and Pulju got an apple despite playing only 8 mins.

If Desharnais isn't sick then he should be called up even if we have to waive Puljujarvi

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Ken doesn't even have the cap space to call up Holloway or Desharnais..

He's obviously sending useless salary out. But does San Jose want more dead weight? To get closer to Bedard, maybe. It's too bad Barrie will likely have to go, I like him (he's not useless).

He needs to suck it up, swallow his own pride and put JP on waivers to bring at least VD up. But Ken is going to use the "the flu bug" as an excuse to do f*** all.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Janmark>Holloway and Pulju got an apple despite playing only 8 mins.

If Desharnais isn't sick then he should be called up even if we have to waive Puljujarvi

If Desharnais is not in the lineup on Sunday, Colorado should send Kenny a gift basket for the 2 free PP goals.

Reactions: Ibanez and McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
If Desharnais is not in the lineup on Sunday, Colorado should send Kenny a gift basket for the 2 free PP goals.

MacKinnon and Makar will feast on this team especially with Ceci and Nurse being paired up (AGAIN).
Idk how many more f***ing games we need to watch until 1) there's a move to be made 2) those two get split up when they both move the puck like its hot potato in their own end.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
lol Spector back on the “we need Gavrikov of Edmundson” train

Apparently we don’t need a puck mover?

Did you watch the breakouts tonight Spec?!!!

What an absolute schmuck.

We have that player. It’s VD and we just sent him down today.

Jesus spec. Just go work somewhere else or cover another team. Go somewhere. Anywhere other than Oilers coverage.

2? That would be low from my vantage point.

I called 3 tonight. I wasn’t far off ;)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
MacKinnon and Makar will feast on this team especially with Ceci and Nurse being paired up (AGAIN).
Idk how many more f***ing games we need to watch until 1) there's a move to be made 2) those two get split up when they both move the puck like its hot potato in their own end.

MacKinnon and Makar when they see Ceci and Nurse (10 minutes later):

bbqchix-shaq.gif

BBQ chicken all day. Gonna eat those mofos alive.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
lol Spector back on the “we need Gavrikov of Edmundson” train

Apparently we don’t need a puck mover?

Did you watch the breakouts tonight Spec?!!!

What an absolute schmuck.

We have that player. It’s VD and we just sent him down today.

Jesus spec. Just go work somewhere else or cover another team. Go somewhere. Anywhere other than Oilers coverage.

Don't bother giving that jackass any views, as he's just there for click baits. I don't even think the weasel likes the Oilers as he always has to write or propose shit to sabotage the team.

Its Ales Hemsky's fault, Taylor Hall's fault, no its Jordan Eberle, no its Ethan Bear, no its Jesse Puljujarvi, no its Evan Bouchard (next).
The moron NEVER criticizes the management and always has to scapegoat a young player to fit his pathetic narrative of being a f***ing asshole.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If you don't think adding a dman like Karlsson doesn't translate to wins just based on 'point scoring' then idk what your mindset is getting to. Karlsson doesn't only put up points. He'd change the dynamic of this team on the back end as the defacto elite number 1 this team's been lacking since Pronger. Able to move the puck out consistently without issues, can still skate like the wind, make our PP a bigger threat, and be a mentor for the likes of Broberg and Bouchard.

But then again, you're already content with just watching McDrai for the next 3-4 years EVEN if that doesn't win them a cup. That's just shameful. Accepting mediocrity.
Making playoffs every season isn't mediocre .. it's a blessing.
If anything the oil fans are spoiled by McD magic and take his point production for granted. There is no way guys like Hyman,Nuge , Kane and even Drai would be going PPG, let alone be flirting with 100 pts without McDavid..
I have lived through the lotto pick decade so will gladly cherish this season and the next three .

Our best hope is that we continue to acquire top talent on friendly AAV because of McDavid effect.
EK is only interested in EDM because of McDavid.. other UFA will too for the next 2/3 seasons

Edit: Also, EK is nothing like Pronger and doesn't fly like the wind anymore. He is still a great player but not that great at defending. I would pay more for Parayko

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Don't bother giving that jackass any views, as he's just there for click baits. I don't even think the weasel likes the Oilers as he always has to write or propose shit to sabotage the team.

Its Ales Hemsky's fault, Taylor Hall's fault, no its Jordan Eberle, no its Ethan Bear, no its Jesse Puljujarvi, no its Evan Bouchard (next).
The moron NEVER criticizes the management and always has to scapegoat a young player to fit his pathetic narrative of being a f***ing asshole.
He’s the biggest fart sniffer I know.

I generally don’t click on his stuff. I guess I was bored and self loathing in the moment. I’ll be better next time

Side note. That maple leafs trade seems. Bad? ROR is not worth a first round draft pick. Dear lord. I guess they got acciari too but just seemed like a lot

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
lol

"We've given up goals on the PK because a minor league callup hasn't been available to play his seven minutes a night. And LOL at the 18 minute a night center who consistently manages a respectable goal differential on one of the worst defensive teams in the league."

- Soundwave

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
"We've given up goals on the PK because a minor league callup hasn't been available to play his seven minutes a night. And LOL at the 18 minute a night center who consistently manages a respectable goal differential on one of the worst defensive teams in the league."

- Soundwave

The PK is night and day difference with Desharnais in versus out ... must just be magical coincidence.

Or maybe it just shows that none of the 6 D currently on the Oilers roster really give that much of a shit about actually getting into trenches and actually defending ... or conversely they are too stupid to do so. Probably some combination of both.

It's no magically none of those things.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
MacKinnon and Makar when they see Ceci and Nurse (10 minutes later):

bbqchix-shaq.gif

BBQ chicken all day. Gonna eat those mofos alive.
It’s funny because there was a time when nurse was a mean sob that played hard and could break up a cycle.

How does that skill just fade away. You’re still young and in your prime? I miss that nurse

Feb 9, 2013
So you think he would go to COL , TOR or TB because of their cup success? It's a cap world and unless he plans on playing for league minimum there will be parity in the league.

This management locked up his buddies in Hyman, Nurse and Nuge for long term. I'm sure he had a part to play in us acquiring Kane and Campbell as well.. unless Oilers tear it down CHI style chances of McD staying are pretty good.
TOR and "cup success"? Huh?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Making playoffs every season isn't mediocre .. it's a blessing.
If anything the oil fans are spoiled by McD magic and take his point production for granted. There is no way guys like Hyman,Nuge , Kane and even Drai would be going PPG, let alone be flirting with 100 pts without McDavid..
I have lived through the lotto pick decade so will gladly cherish this season and the next three .

Our best hope is that we continue to acquire top talent on friendly AAV because of McDavid effect.
EK is only interested in EDM because of McDavid.. other UFA will too for the next 2/3 seasons

WTF? Was it a blessing for the sharks to continue choking in the playoffs despite having star players like Marleau, Burns, Thornton, etc over the years in the past? The Oilers didn't rebuild only to simply make it to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place while watching other rebuilding teams win the cup. Seriously, come the f*** on with that nonsense.

It's year 8 of Connor McDavid. If you don't have a GM that will help him win the cup by bringing him the right cast in the next 3-4 years, he will leave. Its as simple as that.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
WTF? Was it a blessing for the sharks to continue choking in the playoffs despite having star players like Marleau, Burns, Thornton, etc over the years in the past? The Oilers didn't rebuild only to simply make it to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place while watching other rebuilding teams win the cup. Seriously, come the f*** on with that nonsense.

It's year 8 of Connor McDavid. If you don't have a GM that will help him win the cup by bringing him the right cast in the next 3-4 years, he will leave. Its as simple as that.
Yeh, let's make the playoffs first. I don't see us winning many games in the next 10 games stretch even if Holland brings in help.

Also, Oilers did shit all with the rebuild. Lotto ball that got us McD pick is the only reason why we still aren't collection top 5 picks. I would trade EVERY draft selection we made since McPick for EK.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeh, let's make the playoffs first. I don't see us winning many games in the next 10 games stretch even if Holland brings in help.

Also, Oilers did shit all with the rebuild. Lotto ball that got us McD pick is the only reason why we still aren't collection top 5 picks. I would trade EVERY draft selection we made since McPick for EK.

Not every draft selection ... think of all the amazing Yamamotos and Puljujarvis and Bensons and Lavoies they've wasted 20 of their picks on.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009

Edit: Also, EK is nothing like Pronger and doesn't fly like the wind anymore. He is still a great player but not that great at defending. I would pay more for Parayko
Where is this mythical 'McDavid effect' when it came to re-signing Nurse, Pulju, Yamo, and even Foegele? Holland constantly overpays mediocre players. I don't get how this dumbass gets paid 5M a year

He could have easily got Dylan Strome and Max Domi for the same price as Pulju and Yamo

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Idk what you're trying to further say at this point concerning the actual topic, honestly.
As for your edited comment above regarding Pronger and Karlsson,
the main point is those two players are both elite dmen who can change the complexion of the team they play for. Their playstyle are nowhere near identical, but both are true elite number ones who can do what many NHL Dman simply can't.
Get Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl an elite top pairing dman for once on this team like Karlsson. No more minor pieces. Go for the big fish to win in a division that's weak and ripe for the taking.
Enough said.

Where is this mythical 'McDavid effect' when it came to re-signing Nurse, Pulju, Yamo, and even Foegele? Holland constantly overpays mediocre players. I don't get how this dumbass gets paid 5M a year

He could have easily got Dylan Strome and Max Domi for the same price as Pulju and Yamo

Could've gotten Sonny Milano rather easily, but he wanted jackass on and off the ice in that bust Virtanen too.

Reactions: La Bamba and LTIR

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Oilers have had like 8 (?) 1st round picks since they picked McDavid and none of those players are anything special at any pro level of hockey or just full on waiver wire bullshit.

On top of that, Holland's last three 1st rounders in Detroit are waiver wire trash too.

Trade the damn picks, they're not magical slam dunks, there's I'd say a very low chance the Oilers will even pick any one that good. They sure as f*** haven't since 2015.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Seems like Kulak and Nurse are competing to see who can make the most icing missed passes

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Say what you want about the Leafs and the trade they made but gotta respect a GM trying to make a move to improve his team.

Reactions: LTIR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad