Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: "But it was not, an interesting day" - the narrator

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will it be an interesting (Fri)day in Oil Country?

• Sources say it could be

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Sources say nothing imminent

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Sources say tarot cards are my sources

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Sources say "ask again later".

Votes: 63 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Say what you want about the Leafs and the trade they made but gotta respect a GM trying to make a move to improve his team.
Picks n prospects for ROR and Acciari is a great add.... They have bigger issues on D and in net but the forward group looks solid now.

I hope we fix the right holes and not follow their lead... (ie get Parayko instead of P.Kane)

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
There's no excuse for this f***ing game. Holland made the team worse and lost us a point just to save f***ing garbage shitty Puljujarvi's ass. Embarrassing unless its for a bigger reason and not his feelings

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014

But fans who criticize that this team has to be better and the GM needs to do something are the problem

There's no excuse for this f***ing game. Holland made the team worse and lost us a point just to save f***ing garbage shitty Puljujarvi's ass. Embarrassing unless its for a bigger reason and not his feelings
The most NPC oilers fan ever

Blaming the loss on Pulju is definitely a take

Reactions: McAsuno

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

But fans who criticize that this team has to be better and the GM needs to do something are the problem

The most NPC oilers fan ever

Blaming the loss on Pulju is definitely a take

We sat probably our best PKer because this Yamamoto-Puljujarvi farce needs to continue for as long as humanly possible I guess.

NYR scored 2 PP goals against, same story as the game before where Detroit got 2 free PP goals like free Halloween candy. Our PK sucks without Desharnais. Simple as that.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
We sat probably our best PKer because this Yamamoto-Puljujarvi farce needs to continue for as long as humanly possible I guess.

NYR scored 2 PP goals against, same story as the night before. Our PK sucks without Desharnais. Simple as that.
Like it or not, Jesse is a part of the opening night roster just like all the other useless anchors were on the team. Guys like Foegele, Janmark, and Yams himself are equally to blame to then, why is it all on Jesse when they all suck and underperform

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

NYR scored 2 PP goals against, same story as the game before where Detroit got 2 free PP goals like free Halloween candy. Our PK sucks without Desharnais. Simple as that.
Desharnais has the flu.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Like it or not, Jesse is a part of the opening night roster just like all the other useless anchors were on the team. Guys like Foegele, Janmark, and Yams himself are equally to blame to then, why is it all on Jesse when they all suck and underperform

Hey fair play, I've said many times they all suck donkey balls and I'd drive em all to the airport to get rid of them. Losers. Though Janmark gets some leeway since he's only paid a fraction of the other losers.

Reactions: KlefDown

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Picks n prospects for ROR and Acciari is a great add.... They have bigger issues on D and in net but the forward group looks solid now.

I hope we fix the right holes and not follow their lead... (ie get Parayko instead of P.Kane)
Do they? Samsonov is their started and is a top 10 goalie stats wise this year.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Hey fair play, I've said many times they all suck donkey balls and I'd drive em all to the airport to get rid of them. Losers. Though Janmark gets some leeway since he's only paid a fraction of the other losers.
Same, they all suck equally.

People pretending like the day Jesse is off this team, we will magically start winning again and all our problems will be solved

Ain’t shit getting done till we get a #1Dman, fix depth scoring, fix PK and get consistent goaltending

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Puljujarvi, 1st for Edmundson
2nd for Bjugstad

Kane - McDavid - Draisaitl
Hyman - Nuge - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Kostin
Janmark - Holloway

Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Barrie
Broberg - Bouchard
Desharnais

Will be our lineup with Edmundson and Bjugstad in the press box

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014

Tell me which one deserves to be in the press box/waivers

Reactions: Whyme

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Puljujarvi, 1st for Edmundson
2nd for Bjugstad

Kane - McDavid - Draisaitl
Hyman - Nuge - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Kostin
Janmark - Holloway

Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Barrie
Broberg - Bouchard
Desharnais

Will be our lineup with Edmundson and Bjugstad in the press box
That first deal causes me pain. I can already read the Spector gloat article.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
That first deal causes me pain. I can already read the Spector gloat article.
He would have the lotion ready by his bedside after that trade…the article would be a day late. The self loving would be a marathon

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That's a lot for a rental, although Accari is a nice add too, but you have to admire Dubas going for it. He knows the clock is ticking in the Matthews window and is willing to do what it takes to maximize it.

I don't know if I would have spent that much for O'Reilly and Accari but I bet it gets those Leafs players jazzed up when a GM pitches in to help. Too bad because I thought O'Reilly would have been the best pickup for the Oilers outside of the big fish Dmen.
If you look at the Leaf's roster though, guys like O'Rielly and Accari fit very well. He paid absolutely premium dollars for those two and it is a risk. But if O'Rielly is anything close to what he has been in recent playoffs the Leafs just became a team that will be tough to beat. And I think most here know how much it pains me to say this.

Unlike the Leafs the Oilers could pay the price to get a guy in Karlsson or Chychrun, or maybe a Parayko or Ekholm, that helps them not just once but multiple times. And this year is particularly ripe for such a move since the West is absolutely wide open and may be next year as well. If it costs you an extra 2nd to do it now rather than wait to the deadline, which is what I think the Leafs paid to get it done now what have you lost? I'm normally very patient, but it is really hard to win in this league. When you have McDavid, Draisaitl, with Kane, Nuge and Hyman up front all signed long term in support and a $9.25M defensman also signed long term, the future is NOW. There is no other way of looking at this.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
So have we all calmed down and got off the ledge of the building? I'm gonna guess all that raging last night was too much drinking. Now let's see if the Oilers do something today. Gonna enjoy my day, despite the few that wanna get their panties in a bunch.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

I said right from the beginning of the year that playing with a reduced roster will bite this team in the ass. Holland could easily have addressed this by waiving JP since it should be abundantly clear to anyone that he won't be an Oiler in 2023-2024. If he gets claimed you now have $3M in cap space that you don't have to spend assets to try and manufacture. If he does not then he becomes easier to trade and you can recall him if needed.

The theory that they are holding him because Grier wants him as part of the Karlsson deal makes little sense. Were that the case trade him to SJ for futures right now. Or better yet make the Karlsson trade and be done with it.

As to the whole JP/Yamamoto war the reality is that both need to be gone to improve the team by at the latest the end of next year but preferably before. That $6.1M in cap space can be far better spent in places where there is real need.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So have we all calmed down and got off the ledge of the building? I'm gonna guess all that raging last night was too much drinking. Now let's see if the Oilers do something today. Gonna enjoy my day, despite the few that wanna get their panties in a bunch.

A93F47F5-2D6A-4EB3-88A0-C775598BA9B3.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This when analytics people are grasping at straws. The key number is TOI. Barely enough to warm up.

They think it scales and extrapolates if given the added ice time and against better competition. PJ is the advanced stats little darling goldenboy despite his Blown Shots / 60 and Falling Down Like A Newborn Giraffe is far above expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad