Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Flag_of_Sweden.gif

the real reason is you cant afford anyone once you pay Bear.

;)

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Sure you can. How much money do you think Bear is going to command?

I like Ethan as much as the next guy buy my god he's easily the most overrated player to come through this board in years.
He’s the best rookie D man we’ve had since I don’t even remember and I’m not young. He’s a top 4 D man. He’ll get paid.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
He’s the best rookie D man we’ve had since I don’t even remember and I’m not young. He’s a top 4 D man. He’ll get paid.

Nah. At the end of they day he's still just a ~25 point #4ish type player with no arbitration rights. Even in the worst case scenarios thats a 2x3 bridge contract.

Nurse bouchard vs klef and bear? Choose your side....

Why not both? They're all fairly cost controlled for the forseeable future.

Reactions: McDraekke

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
That's for players on the reserve list...not active roster.

Hockey Operations Guidelines | NHL.com - NHL Headquarters

"Reserve Lists
The list of players "belonging" to an NHL team is comprised of the following, the total of which may not exceed 80:
  1. Pro players (maximum of 50)
  2. Signed junior players (who have played less than 11 professional games)
  3. Unsigned draft choices
  4. Defected players (unsigned draft choices who are playing in Europe)"

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Benning.

If you trade for a player, they can play in the regular season. I am 100% sure of this. They can't play in the playoffs though.
Name one player in the history of NHL where a player got traded after the trade deadline and played a regular season NHL game for the new club.

It would be a huge loophole where ARI could trade for Thornton and other pending UFAs to make a playoffs push.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Name one player in the history of NHL where a player got traded after the trade deadline and played a regular season NHL game for the new club.

It would be a huge loophole where ARI could trade for Thornton and other pending UFAs to make a playoffs push.

Marty Turco signed with Boston after the trade deadline one year and played 5 games for them.

I can't remember any trades where significant players were traded after the deadline. Mostly because it makes no sense. What's the point of adding Kopitar and Doughty and paying the acquisition cost if you can't use them in the playoffs.

With a player like Thornton why waive and leave your home for a team that you can't play for in the playoffs?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Marty Turco signed with Boston after the trade deadline one year and played 5 games for them.

I can't remember any trades where significant players were traded after the deadline. Mostly because it makes no sense. What's the point of adding Kopitar and Doughty and paying the acquisition cost if you can't use them in the playoffs.

With a player like Thornton why waive and leave your home for a team that you can't play for in the playoffs?

The Turco signing literally has nothing to do with the trade rule.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
The Turco signing literally has nothing to do with the trade rule.

Except it does since players acquired after the trade deadline are ineligible for playoffs including free agent signings.

Also for a bit of fun next time before you tell people they're wrong like you have in this thread take a few minutes to google it and educate yourself instead of obnoxiously lecturing others with your misinformation.

"Technically, deals can still happen after the deadline. The deadline is for playing eligibility for the remainder of this season -- a player has to be dealt by the deadline in order to be eligible for the playoffs with his new team. It isn't common, but two teams could theoretically trade minor-league players or prospects after the deadline."

Understanding trade rules and the NHL trade deadline

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Except it does since players acquired after the trade deadline are ineligible for playoffs including free agent signings.

Also for a bit of fun next time before you tell people they're wrong like you have in this thread take a few minutes to google it and educate yourself instead of obnoxiously lecturing others with your misinformation.

"Technically, deals can still happen after the deadline. The deadline is for playing eligibility for the remainder of this season -- a player has to be dealt by the deadline in order to be eligible for the playoffs with his new team. It isn't common, but two teams could theoretically trade minor-league players or prospects after the deadline."

Understanding trade rules and the NHL trade deadline

The topic of discussion is if an NHL player can be traded from one NHL team to another after the trade deadline and then play for his new NHL team.

Nothing you've contributed to the conversation has proved otherwise. What misinformation have I given?
Nobody's disputing the fact that players can be signed as free agents or that minor league players or prospects can be traded. I'm sorry if I've appeared obnoxious to you by abruptly stating facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad