Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeblers

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
I don't see the Oilers doing too much with their defence going into next year, their d-core is too young and injury prone to do too much. Oilers have been lucky that Bear & Jones have been decent enough with all the injuries, the wheels could have fell off this year. That is what depth affords you though, the new guys don't have to play over their head when a guy above you in the line up is hurt. When Bouchard makes the team next year they will probably pair him with a guy like Russell over Caleb.

Could they move on from Benning? Sure. But Benning, Green & Russell? Unlikely.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Jones-Larsson has looked decent.
Klef-Bouchard would be fine aswell
With Nurse-Bear we can afford to lose both Russell and Benning especially when if can get Green for half of what Benning would make if qualified.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Why? If we are scooping someone from the KHL we should be aiming for the cream of the crop, it seems to be pretty easy to make an argument that he isn't even a top 50 forward in the KHL presently.
It was kinda meant in jest but honestly the competition wouldn't hurt for camp. He's already known to the team/organization and I really can't see him being worse than say a Patrick Russell. Liked what I saw from his game in the limited preseason games he played, and think there could be a player suited for the NHL there. He'd be more of a shooter/sniper, which we lack.

I'm sure Holland and the pro scouts are looking at college and Euro free agents again this spring, it's a way to add more forward depth since we don't have our 2nd (and possibly our 3rd) round picks this year.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Jones-Larsson has looked decent.
Klef-Bouchard would be fine aswell
With Nurse-Bear we can afford to lose both Russell and Benning especially when if can get Green for half of what Benning would make if qualified.

I doubt Mike Green signs for $1m.

Benning just seems to get results, maybe it's worth looking at locking him up longer term.

Reactions: Aerchon

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not sure where you see the cap space.
We have 12M to sign 12 players.
AA will get 3M, Bear probably another 3.
Ennis,Archi,Sheahan will all want a raise. There is no cap space to add anyone proven.

My guess is that Holland finds a way to get out of Chiasson contract and brings in Slepychev and Grigorenko from KHL. Russell out Green signed for cheap.

Ennis-McD-Kassian
Nuge-Drai-Yama
Slepy-Grigo-Neal
AA-Shehan-Archi

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Green
Jones-Larsson

AA is signed for another year .

Reactions: Anarchism

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
AA is signed for another year .
Screenshot_20200304-225713_Chrome.jpg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I view Benning and Russell as high quality fillers on the defense. I hate to say this while we are in a playoff race and we are depending on them, but I see them as training wheels for what our D will really become.

We don't have top end D. No Pietrangelo or Doughty here. We can deal with that by having 3 pairings of balanced quality, and spreading the minutes and usage more equally. Klefbom, Nurse, Bear, Larsson etc can be as effective as true elites if they are kept fresher. With talent like Jones, Bouchard, Green, and perhaps Samorukov and Broberg, we can roll 3 balanced pairings.

But we will see. We will see how Russell and Benning do down the stretch, and we will also see how our talented D below the top 4 pan out and develop, and also see who we lose to Seattle (will likely be a D)

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
No matter what happens this season, there has to be some sort of tangible upgrade to the blueline in the offseason.
This is a strange post. If anything is tangible in terms of upgrade, you'd be looking at a Doughty, Hedman or Pietrangelo. Whatever we got now is one tier below them and the team is doing just fine. If you take one of the three I just mentioned, one of Draisaitl or McDavid needs to be unloaded to free up cap space.

Reactions: BoldManGetsPaid

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Euro UFA I hope Holland goes after is Pius Suter.

Pius Suter at eliteprospects.com

23 year old center leading the Swiss league in points. Similar stylistically to Yamo.
I've been pumping this kid's tires since his days in Guelph. Really responsible two-way forward who can put the puck in the net. His skating has always been an issue, but it looks like his game has taken a step.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ivan Bocharov at eliteprospects.com - The Oilers need to sign this guy, not only because he's young and playing well, but the Russian Bouchard must be an Oiler.
I know it's weird to self quote, but I really want this guy brought in. Both because he can play and I love the idea of team with Evan Bouchard and Ivan Boucharov

-"In Russia, Bouchard is goalie" - Russian approximation.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
First of all you're not even "breaking up" the line. Yamamoto and Draisaitl are still on the freaking line so relax.

The merit stuff is stupid bull sh*t, you need to put players in positions to succeed.

We did the same dumb crap with Ryan Strome, not giving him a fair shot to properly generate points here and ended up trading him for nothing while now we could definitely use basically a player exaclty like him.

AA is one year removed from 30 goals, it's our responsibility to put him in the best position to be able to get back to that level because if he does then this team is way more dangerous than it already is.

RNH is gonna score the same points with McDavid and that also unlocks the bottleneck on McDavid's line because he shouldn't be playing with 4th line wingers like Archibald, he's the best player on the planet (sorry Leon). You don't buy cheap $50 Canadian Tire rims for a Lamborghini, that needs to end sooner than later.

Does Boston break up their top line ? Only in Oiler land do fans want to break up a line that works . I still think the best line up would be

xxx McDavid Kassian
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto
AA Haas Nygard
Khaira Sheahan Archibald

that 3rd would eat bottom pairing D alive with their speed . Be the fastest 3rd in the NHL

Reactions: frag2

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Any reason why Carolina isn't trading for a goalie right now?

I mean they probably should've traded for one before the deadline that would've been eligible for the playoffs, but now their playoff hopes just keep slipping.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Any reason why Carolina isn't trading for a goalie right now?

I mean they probably should've traded for one before the deadline that would've been eligible for the playoffs, but now their playoff hopes just keep slipping.
The trade deadline passed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad