Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm not sure we should even keep Green. I want him to do good again, but he is getting too old.

He'd be a good mentor though. Would keep as a 7th.
That's my thought at that for re-signing him. This is still depending on his level of play with the team once he comes back. Plus you can sign him to a similar contract to Smith, the +35 low cap hit, bonus infused contract.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You don't break up the best line in hockey to cater to AA, a player who is having a hard time getting out of his own way right now, that's just silly.

IF you're so worried about AA's production, you elevate him to the McDavid IF he earns it based on merit similar to why Archibald got his promotion and why Ennis kept his spot on the McDavid line.
What you don't do is break up the Draisaitl line simply because AA MIGHT be a fit.

First of all you're not even "breaking up" the line. Yamamoto and Draisaitl are still on the freaking line so relax.

The merit stuff is stupid bull sh*t, you need to put players in positions to succeed.

We did the same dumb crap with Ryan Strome, not giving him a fair shot to properly generate points here and ended up trading him for nothing while now we could definitely use basically a player exaclty like him.

AA is one year removed from 30 goals, it's our responsibility to put him in the best position to be able to get back to that level because if he does then this team is way more dangerous than it already is.

RNH is gonna score the same points with McDavid and that also unlocks the bottleneck on McDavid's line because he shouldn't be playing with 4th line wingers like Archibald, he's the best player on the planet (sorry Leon). You don't buy cheap $50 Canadian Tire rims for a Lamborghini, that needs to end sooner than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: KYams17

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
First of all you're not even "breaking up" the line. Yamamoto and Draisaitl are still on the freaking line so relax.

The merit stuff is stupid bull sh*t, you need to put players in positions to succeed.

We did the same dumb crap with Ryan Strome, not giving him a fair shot to properly generate points here and ended up trading him for nothing while now we could definitely use basically a player exaclty like him.

AA is one year removed from 30 goals, it's our responsibility to put him in the best position to be able to get back to that level because if he does then this team is way more dangerous than it already is.

RNH is gonna score the same points with McDavid and that also unlocks the bottleneck on McDavid's line because he shouldn't be playing with 4th line wingers like Archibald, he's the best player on the planet (sorry Leon). You don't buy cheap $50 Canadian Tire rims for a Lamborghini, that needs to end sooner than later.

Yeah ok, tell good coaches that merit is bullshit.
AA is a player with a lot of flaws who is struggling to keep his head above water thus far, he doesn't have Tippett's trust so he's not going to be handed RNH's spot on the Draisaitl line simply based on the fact that he has some talent.

I'm not relaxed about this suggestion because you're suggesting breaking up the best trio in hockey right now. We don't know that Drai and Yamamoto have great chemistry as a duo, what we do know is that the trio of RNH, Drai and Yamo have incredible chemistry together. Leave it alone. Shuffle the other lines that don't work.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Do you guys think we can offload Neal to NYI? Their PP sucks and they probably would like Neal because of his PP value (and Lou is a pretty stupid GM). Maybe we can do something like:

Neal
JP
Maybe a prospect or something

for

Ladd (same cap hit basically but Isles would like it because they get a warm body, Oilers can put Ladd in LTIR)
Sorokin

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah ok, tell good coaches that merit is bullshit.
AA is a player with a lot of flaws who is struggling to keep his head above water thus far, he doesn't have Tippett's trust so he's not going to be handed RNH's spot on the Draisaitl line simply based on the fact that he has some talent.

I'm not relaxed about this suggestion because you're suggesting breaking up the best trio in hockey right now. We don't know that Drai and Yamamoto have great chemistry as a duo, what we do know is that the trio of RNH, Drai and Yamo have incredible chemistry together.

Smart franchises play chess, not checkers.

It's incumbent on the franchise to get the most out of its players.

Did Strome "earn" the right to play with McDavid? Probably not, but what the f*ck do yo want the guy to do playing with that garbage he was saddled with on the Oilers 3rd line?

Was dumping Strome instead of trying to boost his confidence and value by putting him with say McDavid instead a mistake?

I think so, yes, definitely. We could definitely use a player like that now.

But we don't have him. Because he "didn't earn the right" to play with McDavid.

It's dumb nonsense. Put a player in a position to succeed and then judge.

Playing Leon all those years with Connor and not trying anything else, or not trying to overload Leon's line earlier is very obviously a stubborn mistake the Oilers made because they were blinded by the success the two had playing together that they didn't want to try anything else for any fair period of time.

At one time not that long ago, RNH + Draisaitl was supposedly a terrible combination, it just turned out they didn't ever get enough time to play together. Putting one line's success above all else and letting players that do have some talent to contribute languish down the lineup because you refuse to change that line is not smart player management.

spoutbec

Jun 27, 2015
There's too much fretting about breaking up the RNH Drai Yama line in my opinion. If you try something else and it doesn't work out, you put them back together. What's the big deal? McDavid and Draisaitl have been separated for some time now, but the occasional times they still get put together they click like they've never been apart. I would like to try this lineup when everyone's healthy:

Ennis McDavid Kassian
AA Draisaitl Yamamoto
Nygard RNH Neal
Khaira Sheahan Archibald

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There's too much fretting about breaking up the RNH Drai Yama line in my opinion. If you try something else and it doesn't work out, you put them back together. What's the big deal? McDavid and Draisaitl have been separated for some time now, but the occasional times they still get put together they click like they've never been apart. I would like to try this lineup when everyone's healthy:

Ennis McDavid Kassian
AA Draisaitl Yamamoto
Nygard RNH Neal
Khaira Sheahan Archibald

Exactly, it's not like there's some law where you can't ever put that line back together.

We owe it to ourselves as a team to do our best to get AA back to being a 25-30 goal scorer because ultimately that makes the Oilers a better team if he is playing with confidence.

Locking him out of ever getting a chance to play with Draisaitl, most likely the most ideal center for him to play with, because you're enamored with one line isn't any better than never giving players like Strome a chance to play with McDavid because we were so hellbent on McDavid + Draisaitl + Kassian being a line.

I mean really the only reason they ever even broke up the McDavid + Drai line is because the two of them basically were over exerting themselves for offence because the team's identity was that no one else was gonna score.

They never would have even tried RNH + Drai + Yamamoto until they got forced into doing it. How can you know if something is or isn't going to work if you never even try it because "well this line plays good together so we can't possibly try something else even for a couple of games".

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Friedman says that other GMs are speculating that Tallon will break up the core in Florida...

Larsson for Huberdeau :naughty:

Reactions: KYams17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad