Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
You're 100% wrong

Hockey Operations Guidelines | NHL.com - NHL Headquarters

"Reserve Lists
The list of players "belonging" to an NHL team is comprised of the following, the total of which may not exceed 80:
  1. Pro players (maximum of 50)
  2. Signed junior players (who have played less than 11 professional games)
  3. Unsigned draft choices
  4. Defected players (unsigned draft choices who are playing in Europe)"

Are you just making things up that you don't understand and presenting them as facts?

If you don't know what something is or means, maybe just leave it or ask someone that does.

Name one player in the history of NHL where a player got traded after the trade deadline and played a regular season NHL game for the new club.

It would be a huge loophole where ARI could trade for Thornton and other pending UFAs to make a playoffs push.

Ahh nothing like waking up in the morning only to find you've been proven wrong.

I'll admit I even heard one of the TSN guys state you can get players post-deadline to help try and get into the playoffs. Perhaps that was in regards to signings and not trades like @ConnorMcNugesaitl is claiming. I assumed it meant trades and have held that view for years now considering I heard multiple people saying it.

Thanks.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I saw someone bring up another interesting Euro UFA name on the main board.

Adam Tambellini. He's absolutely destroying the Allsvenskan(basically Sweden's AHL) right now.

Would be a solid AHLer at a minimum with an outside shot at some games on the big club maybe.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I saw someone bring up another interesting Euro UFA name on the main board.

Adam Tambellini. He's absolutely destroying the Allsvenskan(basically Sweden's AHL) right now.

Would be a solid AHLer at a minimum with an outside shot at some games on the big club maybe.
Guys light up the actual SHL and don’t always pan out here. The Swedish B league is a low level in the grand scheme.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Guys light up the actual SHL and don’t always pan out here. The Swedish B league is a low level in the grand scheme.

I'm more thinking as an AHL option.

Bako is going to need a ton of help next season. There's a good chance they'll be losing 8 of their top 12 scorers right now while only having Lavoie graduate to the AHL next year.

Last edited:

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Was running some numbers on the cap next year and I like where we are at if it's at 85M which I think is conservative.

What do you guys think contracts for AA and Bear will look like as well what do you guys think it would cost to keep guys like Ennis and Green?

What I'd like to see is all 4 of those guys mentioned to be re-signed and have them unload Russell, Chiasson and Benning while trying to bring in a good 3C.

See what you can get for JP at the draft. Recoup a 2nd hopefully and maybe a decent forward prospect as well.

Draft the best forward you can in the first round.

RNH - McD - Kassian
AA - Drai - Yam
Ennis - 3C - Neal
Benson - Sheahan - Archie

Klef - Lars
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Green

Bouchard has to fight his way onto the roster.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Close to mine but would let kids have better shot

JP and Cave rights to Ott ar draft for Cbj's two seconds 2020 and 2021
Russell to Ott Jul 1 for our 5th next year back
Benning and Chiason to Tor for Kerfoot

Baer 2 years 3.5 m
AA 2 years 3.5 m Holland tells him to go play Finland wiuth Jesse if he wants more
Sheahan 2 years 1.3 m (not as good Archie or even Carrier who signed for 1.4)
Lagesson and Currie 2 years .850 m

Sign a back up 3 m

AA McD Kass
RNH Drai Yams
Benson Kerfoot Neal
Khaira Sheahan Archie
Nygard Currie

Nurse Bear
Klef Lars
Jones Bouch
Legs

Kosko
G

85 m cap - 82.5 salary - 1.75 Smith bonus =- .75 m cap room

Not exciting changes and tight dead line again but kids will be better another year and AA use to Tip's system by then

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I just took a quick look at the cap situation in the NHL next year. Because of the expectation of a possible lockout next year players structured their contracts to pay a lot more this year than next. A rough count saw teams spending about $70M more this year than their cap commitment and right now next year salaries are about $120M under cap commitments. That could reduce esrow by about 6-7 percentage points. Add in the fact that there could be a big jump in the cap once the new TV deal kicks in and I could see the NHLPA adding a larger escalator next year to spread out the money.

As such barring coronavirus hitting revenue hard it could be an $85M+ cap next year.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Slepyshev is an interesting one, as it looks like his game's really taken off this year. We know Holland has met with him and his agent once (twice?) this year.

Although I like Haas, I won't be against swapping his spot for Slepy next year, and then using Pulju to land a proper #3 C (not saying Pulju gets a high value one).

C: McDavid, Draisaitl, _____, Sheahan
LW: RNH, AA, Neal, Benson, Nygård, Khaira?, Ennis?
RW: Kassian, Yama, Slepy, Archibald, Chiasson(?)

For example, I wouldn't mind Anisimov out of Ottawa if you could get them to retain, or send Russell the other way. Bonino would also be a nice fit.

RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Neal-Draisaitl-Yamamtoto
AA-Anisimov-Slepyshev
Nygård/Benson-Sheahan-Archibald
Chiasson

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Larsson
Jones-Bouchard
Lagesson, Benning?

Koskinen
???

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I think the rest of the year will force holland into a major signing. If AA is not the answer on either top line, we are wasting 97.

Russel is gone after his July 1 bonus. If Hall can be had for 8, neal gets bought out and i think the math works. It doesnt leave a lot for 3c or goaltending but something has to be done

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Thanks for finding this. I had it wrong but did not have a source. Everything I did find referenced only the playoffs.

Although even CapFriendly doesn’t give a source. I can’t see anything in the CBA about it, personally, which seems strange.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I think the rest of the year will force holland into a major signing. If AA is not the answer on either top line, we are wasting 97.

Russel is gone after his July 1 bonus. If Hall can be had for 8, neal gets bought out and i think the math works. It doesnt leave a lot for 3c or goaltending but something has to be done

Doubt it.

Don’t see them adding another big ticket player before the Seattle expansion.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Close to mine but would let kids have better shot

JP and Cave rights to Ott ar draft for Cbj's two seconds 2020 and 2021
Russell to Ott Jul 1 for our 5th next year back
Benning and Chiason to Tor for Kerfoot

Baer 2 years 3.5 m
AA 2 years 3.5 m Holland tells him to go play Finland wiuth Jesse if he wants more
Sheahan 2 years 1.3 m (not as good Archie or even Carrier who signed for 1.4)
Lagesson and Currie 2 years .850 m

Sign a back up 3 m

AA McD Kass
RNH Drai Yams
Benson Kerfoot Neal
Khaira Sheahan Archie
Nygard Currie

Nurse Bear
Klef Lars
Jones Bouch
Legs

Kosko
G

85 m cap - 82.5 salary - 1.75 Smith bonus =- .75 m cap room

Not exciting changes and tight dead line again but kids will be better another year and AA use to Tip's system by then
I don’t think any of your trades are realistic.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Let’s give AA a real chance guys before we call for his head or we will be looking at another strome situation. Hopefully Holland isn’t trigger happy

playing with McDavid wouldnt exactly be easy imho you would have to Learn to play with him.. he’s that crazy. The level of awareness you need on the ice to truly capitalize on being his line mate would be a challenge for any player.

he’s so good that it’s hard to find someone to effectively play with him... and yes I know some mediocre players have had success with him he can bounce pucks off you into the net I get that.. I’m talking about finding him a real line mate

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Let’s give AA a real chance guys before we call for his head or we will be looking at another strome situation. Hopefully Holland isn’t trigger happy

playing with McDavid wouldnt exactly be easy imho you would have to Learn to play with him.. he’s that crazy. The level of awareness you need on the ice to truly capitalize on being his line mate would be a challenge for any player.

he’s so good that it’s hard to find someone to effectively play with him... and yes I know some mediocre players have had success with him he can bounce pucks off you into the net I get that.. I’m talking about finding him a real line mate

Agreed, he was really shaken about the trade, and will need some more time to settle in.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
59RZGzo.png

Ok, so what does this data tell us? It shows that Jones and Bear are heavily relied upon as default puck carriers on their pairings. It means Nurse and Larsson are defaulting the puck to them whenever possible as they are better at getting the puck out of our zone with control. This is interesting considering Nurse's great skating ability.

This is why you can not make a Nurse-Larsson pairing. I'll admit I had the idea of a Jones-Bear pairing in my head for a while, but I understand the importance of having our two best puck movers on separate pairings.

Klefbom-Bear
Jones-Larsson
Nurse-Benning

Three of our best zone exit D with three of our worst. I think that is the balance that should be struck. There is a bit of an issue though as you'd have to reduce Nurse's 5v5 minutes which might not go over well. Either that, or you swap him and Klefbom and reduce Klefbom's minutes. Either way, it's not a perfect solution. What is obvious though is that Kris Russell has to come out of the lineup.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I am glad we didn't trade Jones in a package for Hall earlier this season. He looks like can be a top four d.

I was a big fan of Jones in Bako, and even I was thinking we should trade him for help up front. Now? On the contract he's on, he's a perfect #5 who can step up to a 2nd pairing on either side of the ice. And who knows, he's not done developing yet.

The hammer will drop though, and somebody who is going to be a solid NHL d-man is likely on the way out, and I suspect it will be at the draft. Lagesson and Benning are both guys who you can't put in to positions to succeed if Bear, Jones, Bouchard, and Samurokov are in the mix, that's not even considering whether Broberg comes over. They're no longer waiver eligible, and Benning will be coming up on free agency, so it's fish or cut bait time.

It's a good problem to have, and it's good that Lagesson and Benning both have NHL value.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I am glad we didn't trade Jones in a package for Hall earlier this season. He looks like can be a top four d.
he seems to have very good instincts in the offensive zone. Maybe him and Bear will be our offensive D, with of course Bouchard coming, and Green here for a cup of tea

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
59RZGzo.png

Ok, so what does this data tell us? It shows that Jones and Bear are heavily relied upon as default puck carriers on their pairings. It means Nurse and Larsson are defaulting the puck to them whenever possible as they are better at getting the puck out of our zone with control. This is interesting considering Nurse's great skating ability.

This is why you can not make a Nurse-Larsson pairing. I'll admit I had the idea of a Jones-Bear pairing in my head for a while, but I understand the importance of having our two best puck movers on separate pairings.

Klefbom-Bear
Jones-Larsson
Nurse-Benning

Three of our best zone exit D with three of our worst. I think that is the balance that should be struck. There is a bit of an issue though as you'd have to reduce Nurse's 5v5 minutes which might not go over well. Either that, or you swap him and Klefbom and reduce Klefbom's minutes. Either way, it's not a perfect solution. What is obvious though is that Kris Russell has to come out of the lineup.

If you can't put Nurse with Larsson because Lars can't pass, does it really make sense to put him with an even worse puck-mover?

Wouldn't it make more sense to play Jones on Klefbom's right side and leave Nurse/Bear alone?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
If you can't put Nurse with Larsson because Lars can't pass, does it really make sense to put him with an even worse puck-mover?

Wouldn't it make more sense to play Jones on Klefbom's right side and leave Nurse/Bear alone?
Benning is a better puck mover than Larsson. But yea, the situation isn't ideal. We don't have a perfect combination.

Reactions: McDNicks17

duul

Jun 21, 2010
That's from Corey Sznajder, right? I've always found his stuff interesting.

Tableau Public

3023f7e21b3271b7e6e713581a192816.png

#FreeHaas
Yea, he has some interesting data. The issue though with the one I posted is that it is exits with control, which I assume to mean skates the puck out? I would have to contact him to confirm. It's also a bit haphazard as the data is partially relied upon subjective bias if we are then talking about exiting the zone with a successful pass. What makes it successful? etc.

I know that the NHL teams have their own private data that measures this more specifically. I have had a look at it back in November thanks to a friend, but only got to glance. It would be an interesting field to get into right now. Either way, I think Klefbom-Larsson is a pretty bad pairing. Klefbom made a few real nice passes last night actually, but I don't think he is really suited to be 'the' puck mover on a pairing, ideally. Especially since we rely upon him to play big minutes. Playing with Bear seems like a match made in heaven.

And this whole shot blocking thing that the guys keep talking about. It should not be lauded. High amount of shots blocked is a bad thing, and this is beginning to take hold in NHL teams analytic departments. It is being argued as a morale improver, which is a wortwhile argument to be made IMO, but at a certain point it does become detrimental that you are in a position to be having to block so many shots.

Klefbom leads the league, with Russell usually leading the league. It is a terrible sign and explains to a great degree why our D has been so bad for so many years. Nobody can get the puck out. It is actually hilarious when you watch Klef or Russ turn the puck over blatantly, block a shot, and then turn it over again a second later with the announcers exclaiming what a great block it was.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
59RZGzo.png

Klefbom-Bear
Jones-Larsson
Nurse-Benning

Who is the Stars player on the top right?

That's from Corey Sznajder, right? I've always found his stuff interesting.

Tableau Public

3023f7e21b3271b7e6e713581a192816.png

#FreeHaas
Who is the Islanders player on the top and the Knights player on the far right? I assume the Isles player is Barzal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad