Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I wouldn't pencil Bouchard in the opening lineup next season just yet. I don't think the team has.

Like Bear, I want him to come in hungry and earn it.

Agreed. And you never know what might come out of the summer. The Oilers defence could look drastically different.

Reactions: Anarchism

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I did a chart a while back where if Bouchard isn't at least spending half the year in the NHL next year, the chances of him being an impact player at the NHL level drops.

It was based on defenders drafted in the top 10 of a draft.

Not saying it would be impossible for him to be good but it would drop the likely hood very drastically

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I did a chart a while back where if Bouchard isn't at least spending half the year in the NHL next year, the chances of him being an impact player at the NHL level drops.

Not saying it would be impossible for him to be good but it would drop the likely hood very drastically
IMO Bouchard is likely to get a spot out of camp next year. He adds so much skill to the defence and has been progressing well. Holland just needs to unload Russell. I don't think it'll be too hard since he makes 2.5M in salary and can be 1.25M if they retain - which is good value for Russell for cap basement teams. Tricky thing is getting him to waive his NTC

Klef - Lars
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Bouchard
Benning (not qualified, signed to cheaper deal)

Is likely the D core next year.. looks pretty good to me if the young guys continue to progress and the vets stay healthy

Reactions: CycloneSweep

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I wouldn't pencil Bouchard in the opening lineup next season just yet. I don't think the team has.

Like Bear, I want him to come in hungry and earn it.

Agreed. The thing we’ve learned from guys like Pulju is that you never pencil in a rookie. You always need someone they’re taking the spot from. Even if we deal Russell (might not happen if the cap jumps as dramatically as some are talking), we’ve got good depth, and he’d have to force his way ahead of an established NHLer on our right side

IMO Bouchard is likely to get a spot out of camp next year. He adds so much skill to the defence and has been progressing well. Holland just needs to unload Russell. I don't think it'll be too hard since he makes 2.5M in salary and can be 1.25M if they retain - which is good value for Russell for cap basement teams. Tricky thing is getting him to waive his NTC

Klef - Lars
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Bouchard
Benning (not qualified, signed to cheaper deal)

Is likely the D core next year.. looks pretty good to me if the young guys continue to progress and the vets stay healthy

It’s not even that much. After we pay his bonus next summer, Russell is only owed 1.5 million.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Bouchard or Jones won't be gifted a spot. Holland will probably re up Green for under 2M and trade Russell away for cap relief.

Reactions: Oilhawks

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019

So I guess your chart was predicting Bouchard to be the next Griffin Reinhart or Derrick Pouliot?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So I guess your chart was predicting Bouchard to be the next Griffin Reinhart or Derrick Pouliot?
If he isn't at least a half time NHL player next season, he has a better chance to be Reinhart than a good NHL player. That said, o have a strong feeling he will be in the bugs for most of next year.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Bouchard or Jones won't be gifted a spot. Holland will probably re up Green for under 2M and trade Russell away for cap relief.
I'm losing hope on the Russell front. There seems to be too many teams itching to dump big cap hits like that. I kind of wish Seattle were doing the expansion draft this year. Moving Russell to Seattle in a side deal seems just perfect imo. Good not just for us, but I really like Russell and I feel he could be a great glue player for a young franchise... and they wouldn't have to endure his cap hit for very long even.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I'm losing hope on the Russell front. There seems to be too many teams itching to dump big cap hits like that. I kind of wish Seattle were doing the expansion draft this year. Moving Russell to Seattle in a side deal seems just perfect imo. Good not just for us, but I really like Russell and I feel he could be a great glue player for a young franchise... and they wouldn't have to endure his cap hit for very long even.
At $1.5M though in real dollars Russell is actually a solid 3rd pair defenseman. For that money you are typically getting a guy who is an NHL/AHL tweener. So once his bonus is paid I think he becomes fairly easy to trade so long as his 15 team trade list is not the problem. NJ is a team that I think could make sense if he would be willing to spend a year out east. Detroit as well.

Reactions: Anarchism

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Friedman saying that Slepyshev might price himself out of here. Wonder how much value he brings to the table at the draft.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Friedman saying that Slepyshev might price himself out of here. Wonder how much value he brings to the table at the draft.

Interesting.

Pretty sure they have his rights for two more seasons after this one. Would he really play chicken with Kenny if they can't get anything decent for him?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I wonder if this is the kind of thing where you can trade his rights and something for someone like Sorokin.
I could see him used to just return one of those picks we paid for AA. Connecting the dots, Minnesota might be interested considering Kaprizov is making jump next year.

I wouldn't expect much though.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I could see him used to just return one of those picks we paid for AA. Connecting the dots, Minnesota might be interested considering Kaprizov is making jump next year.

I wouldn't expect much though.

I dunno if they could get a 2nd for him, I could maybe see a 3rd. It seems weird that he’s pricing himself out, what kind of contract is he expecting? If he was cheap I could see bringing him in to compete for a spot but I don’t think he’s a top 6 skater.

Reactions: belair

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I think he has the size, speed, hands, shot, and physicality. While he was here, he lacked the consistency (maybe confidence played a part in it?)

I thought he looked great in the playoffs for us... the following year he didn't get too many opportunities.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There isnt indication that Slepy's priced out yet. I assume he's not allowed to play this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad