Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Cancelled season -> Salary Cap Decrease -> Compliance buy-out

Lottery probably open to all teams, weighted on points %. Maybe we can swap Neal for Lafreniere this summer.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
IF Slepyshev comes back you have to think it’s at the expense of Chiasson unless they move one of them to LW.

Bah, maybe not even worth discussing, if the rest of the season plus playoffs are canceled the whole landscape will change unless the owners and players come up with something.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
IF Slepyshev comes back you have to think it’s at the expense of Chiasson unless they move one of them to LW.

Bah, maybe not even worth discussing, if the rest of the season plus playoffs are canceled the whole landscape will change unless the owners and players come up with something.
I think Slepy would be a good Chiasson replacement. Faster...fairly strong on the puck

Reactions: Faelko

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I can't really picture where Slepyshev would fit in this lineup. It's intriguing to think about, but probably makes the most sense to grab a draft pick for his rights. You have to think Holland will get Ennis and Sheahan locked up similar to Archibald's deal. Athanasiou will obviously be back probably on a 1 year deal. Neal is not worth a buyout, and I don't see him being traded. You keep him for next season in the same role, and try to get Seattle to bite with an incentive or you buy him out in 2021 to save a year.

Ennis (1.75) - McDavid (12.5) - Kassian (3.25)
RNH (6) - Draisaitl (8.5) - Yamamoto (.894)
Athanasiou (3.2) - _____ - Neal (5.75)
Nygard (.875) - Sheahan (1.2) - Archibald (1.5)
Khaira (1.2) - Chiasson (2.125)

Then you have Khaira and Chiasson who are both signed next season but on the outside looking in on paper. If Haas is willing to come back in a similar role, he is worth another one year deal to me. Personally, I see him going back to Switzerland. In a perfect world, we can trade Chiasson. Worst case scenario you eat the last year on both players.

On defense it's pretty clear that Russell needs to go. I wouldn't attach him with assets greater than a 3rd rounder to unload 1 year. Worst case scenario here, he gets bought out with a 3M cap hit next season. As others have mentioned, there is a possibility Bear takes a 1 year deal and then signs an extension in the new year due to no arb rights. If this happens, I can't picture him getting more than 1.5M next season. Much like Kevin Labanc last year, the team has the leverage. I see a lot of people penciling in Bouchard next season, but I can't imagine Holland making summer plans with Bouchard as a lock to be on the team. I personally see the exact same defense coming back next year outside of Russell. If Bouchard earns a spot, then you can trade either Benning or Green in October to make room.

Nurse (5.6) - Bear (1.5)
Klefbom (4.16) - Larsson (4.16)
Jones (.850) - Benning (2.0)
Green (1.5)

The situation with Mike Smith will be the most intriguing to me. He has played well enough to earn a contract but I still would not give him one. There's just too much risk bringing back a 38 year old goalie. We do not have anyone knocking on the door if Smith fizzles out. Look to the UFA market again this season or make a trade IMO.

Koskinen (4.5)
_____

Lucic (,750)
Pouliot (1,34)
Sekera (2.50)
Russell (3.0)

Assuming I'm in the ballpark for what it would take to re-sign Athanasiou, Ennis, Sheahan, Bear, Benning and Green we would have 80-82M committed without a 3C or a backup goalie. Of course, if we can unload Chiasson and Russell we are in an even better situation. There's still some uncertainty on the cap with the season being suspended. I imagine having 6m available for a 3c and backup goalie would put us in a very good position. Insert something like Haula/Tierney and Greiss/Halak/Khudobin and I really like the look of that lineup. As long as Holland can retain the players he added at the deadline it should be a relatively quiet off-season.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I can't really picture where Slepyshev would fit in this lineup. It's intriguing to think about, but probably makes the most sense to grab a draft pick for his rights. You have to think Holland will get Ennis and Sheahan locked up similar to Archibald's deal. Athanasiou will obviously be back probably on a 1 year deal. Neal is not worth a buyout, and I don't see him being traded. You keep him for next season in the same role, and try to get Seattle to bite with an incentive or you buy him out in 2021 to save a year.

Ennis (1.75) - McDavid (12.5) - Kassian (3.25)
RNH (6) - Draisaitl (8.5) - Yamamoto (.894)
Athanasiou (3.2) - _____ - Neal (5.75)
Nygard (.875) - Sheahan (1.2) - Archibald (1.5)
Khaira (1.2) - Chiasson (2.125)

Then you have Khaira and Chiasson who are both signed next season but on the outside looking in on paper. If Haas is willing to come back in a similar role, he is worth another one year deal to me. Personally, I see him going back to Switzerland. In a perfect world, we can trade Chiasson. Worst case scenario you eat the last year on both players.

On defense it's pretty clear that Russell needs to go. I wouldn't attach him with assets greater than a 3rd rounder to unload 1 year. Worst case scenario here, he gets bought out with a 3M cap hit next season. As others have mentioned, there is a possibility Bear takes a 1 year deal and then signs an extension in the new year due to no arb rights. If this happens, I can't picture him getting more than 1.5M next season. Much like Kevin Labanc last year, the team has the leverage. I see a lot of people penciling in Bouchard next season, but I can't imagine Holland making summer plans with Bouchard as a lock to be on the team. I personally see the exact same defense coming back next year outside of Russell. If Bouchard earns a spot, then you can trade either Benning or Green in October to make room.

Nurse (5.6) - Bear (1.5)
Green (1.5)

The situation with Mike Smith will be the most intriguing to me. He has played well enough to earn a contract but I still would not give him one. There's just too much risk bringing back a 38 year old goalie. We do not have anyone knocking on the door if Smith fizzles out. Look to the UFA market again this season or make a trade IMO.

Koskinen (4.5)
_____

Lucic (,750)
Pouliot (1,34)
Sekera (2.50)
Russell (3.0)

Assuming I'm in the ballpark for what it would take to re-sign Athanasiou, Ennis, Sheahan, Bear, Benning and Green we would have 80-82M committed without a 3C or a backup goalie. Of course, if we can unload Chiasson and Russell we are in an even better situation. There's still some uncertainty on the cap with the season being suspended. I imagine having 6m available for a 3c and backup goalie would put us in a very good position. Insert something like Haula/Tierney and Greiss/Halak/Khudobin and I really like the look of that lineup. As long as Holland can retain the players he added at the deadline it should be a relatively quiet off-season.

IMO Smith hasn’t played well enough to “earn a new contract”, he has a 2.95 and .902 SVP this year, sure he played what 10 good games this year? And when he’s been good, he’s been good, but he has also been so bad for stretches. When he has an off night he completely throws the game. He’s going to be 38 next year, and I strongly doubt he takes less than what he currently makes.

Chiasson should have never been re-signed , everyone knew he had a one off career season, we already have to pay Neal 5.75 to be the net front power play guy and not produce 5V5. If there’s even a slight chance you can jet him into the sun you take it.

For the first time in a long time I don’t predict much roster turn over for us, I think we pursue a 3C, Slepyshev would be a great add as a depth winger. Puljuarvi I think will get moved for whatever picks we can get this draft. Probably a 2nd+. I think Benning gets left off just because I strongly doubt we let Bouchard spend another full season in the A, I’d be shocked if he’s not on this team out of camp next year. There isn’t to many defensemen who have spent 2 full seasons in the AHL without being given a chance after being picked in the top 10 of a draft

Reactions: dawunderboy

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
So Eklund says Hall wants to be a Flame. He must have contracted something.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
IMO Smith hasn’t played well enough to “earn a new contract”, he has a 2.95 and .902 SVP this year, sure he played what 10 good games this year? And when he’s been good, he’s been good, but he has also been so bad for stretches. When he has an off night he completely throws the game. He’s going to be 38 next year, and I strongly doubt he takes less than what he currently makes.

Chiasson should have never been re-signed , everyone knew he had a one off career season, we already have to pay Neal 5.75 to be the net front power play guy and not produce 5V5. If there’s even a slight chance you can jet him into the sun you take it.

For the first time in a long time I don’t predict much roster turn over for us, I think we pursue a 3C, Slepyshev would be a great add as a depth winger. Puljuarvi I think will get moved for whatever picks we can get this draft. Probably a 2nd+. I think Benning gets left off just because I strongly doubt we let Bouchard spend another full season in the A, I’d be shocked if he’s not on this team out of camp next year. There isn’t to many defensemen who have spent 2 full seasons in the AHL without being given a chance after being picked in the top 10 of a draft
There are always moves to be made at the start of the year when teams really see what they have. Us having too many defenseman is a luxury, not a problem. They could trade Benning in October and get good value or they could trade/waive Green. As I said in my post, it would be very dumb to go into the season just assuming that Bouchard will be on the team. There is nothing wrong with signing Benning and Green and dealing with it after Bouchard makes the team. There's also nothing wrong with Bouchard playing a month in Bakersfield and completely dominating before coming up.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
There are always moves to be made at the start of the year when teams really see what they have. Us having too many defenseman is a luxury, not a problem. They could trade Benning in October and get good value or they could trade/waive Green. As I said in my post, it would be very dumb to go into the season just assuming that Bouchard will be on the team. There is nothing wrong with signing Benning and Green and dealing with it after Bouchard makes the team. There's also nothing wrong with Bouchard playing a month in Bakersfield and completely dominating before coming up.
The why invest 3.5M into a number 6 and 7 D? How many teams currently do that? I’d keep Green if he agreed to 1.5, which I doubt, but more than likely Benning has to go if he wants 2M, and you look to replace him with 1 of the probably 20 #6D UFA D who would take a 1M dollar deal.

For a cap strapped team I have a hard time believing they will invest 3.5M in the bottom 2 D on the roster.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
With the level Slepyshev is at right now he should be competing with Kassian, Ennis, and Athanasiou for a spot in the top 6, at worst he should be playing on our 3rd line over Neal.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
I am fine with holland it signing Sheahan. They can find better. He has disappointed . .so many turnovers.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Nurse (5.6) - Bear (1.5)
Green (1.5)
Bear @ 1.5 ??

I know the kid doesn't have arbitration rights but I don't see him signing for 1.5M after the season he is having. He will make at least double that IMO if not triple.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bear @ 1.5 ??

I know the kid doesn't have arbitration rights but I don't see him signing for 1.5M after the season he is having. He will make at least double that IMO if not triple.
It might be that, because Bear has 1 year before arbitration, so he might be signing a 1yr deal for lower dollars because he has basically no leverage, because once he gets arbitration the team will have to pay him, but should be in a better spot to do so.

Reactions: Joey Moss

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Was looking up Broberg and got me thinking. We should pillage Skelleftea of their defense.

Obviously you've got Broberg and Berglund that would be worth bringing over, but there's also Jonathan Pudas and Arvid Lundberg.

Pudas is a little older at 27(in April). 36 points in 52 games. Third for D in the SHL. He could be a Persson replacement.

"Pudas is a quick offensive defensemen who loves to transport the puck and set up plays for his teammates. Owns a tremendous shot. Works well in powerplay. Quite good at the physical play, although his size isn't the most frightening. (David Enbom, 2019)"

Lundberg is 25. He has 19 points and +17 in 52 games.

"A two-way defenseman who with his fine skating and strong all-round game is very useful, Henrik Evertsson (GM Växjö) 2016"

Bring those four over to add with Samorukov and Day and, boom, you've got Bako's D for next year.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Are we allowed to resign our UFA right now ? If yes it's the absolute perfect time to resign Ennis and Sheahan for cheap with all the uncertainty of next season. Pending UFAs must be really anxious right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad