Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Interesting but a waste imo. There are a bunch of guys I'd have above him on the blue line. I guess if they want to solely spend a spot to bring him over for a month or two and then send him back to Europe...okay? I don't see the team doing it, especially if they are serious about the playoffs

1) It's a 30 man list they're talking about, so he'd be like the 10th defenseman.

2) I see the team doing it, because Rishaug doesn't write a blurb about how the Oilers would love to do it if he just didn't talk to someone in the Oilers who told him exactly that.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Granlund is gone next year. Unless there is a real chance he plays I would not have him on the 30 man roster. I might add Russel, Nygard, Benson, Bouchard, Lagesson, Skinner and Broberg. Nnext on my lsit would be McLeod or Currie.

I'd much rather give a cup of black ace coffee to Samorukov or McLeod and let them feel some of the playoff atmosphere, but I think Granlund provides us some center depth reinforcement if it came to it.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd much rather give a cup of black ace coffee to Samorukov or McLeod and let them feel some of the playoff atmosphere, but I think Granlund provides us some center depth reinforcement if it came to it.
Granlund is a bit underrated here imo. I'd want him as back up injury insurance. That would be much better than a rookie. Someone like Nygaard could crack our roster fully healthy though

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You're flying Sammy back home from Russia for what reason though? Both of these guys are coming back to North America next season. Broberg isn't.

I see the organization taking those few weeks as an opportunity to get him somewhat accustomed to how things are run in the Oilers' organization before sending him back to Finland, where they have absolutely no control over how he prioritizes certain facets of his game.

Reactions: MessierII

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
You're flying Sammy back home from Russia for what reason though? Both of these guys are coming back to North America next season. Broberg isn't.

I see the organization taking those few weeks as an opportunity to get him somewhat accustomed to how things are run in the Oilers' organization before sending him back to Finland, where they have absolutely no control over how he prioritizes certain facets of his game.

I think you're saying it'd be useful to get Broberg in house so we can gauge and direct him on ice for a few weeks. I like the idea, but I don't think he makes an expanded 30 based a on next man on the depth chart up mentality.

Nygard, PRussell, Granlund, Benson, Bouchard, Lagesson, & a goalie make 7.

If I'm being honest, I'm dropping PRussell for another body. Granlund makes it because he's a passable pivot, irregardless of being in the organization's plans next season.

The obvious option that the Oilers won't pursue is to bring Broberg instead of a goalie, and sign a local kid like say, Stuart Skinner, to be the apprentice zamboni driver, EBUG, and practice goalie for Rogers Place this summer. ;)

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think you're saying it'd be useful to get Broberg in house so we can gauge and direct him on ice for a few weeks. I like the idea, but I don't think he makes an expanded 30 based a on next man on the depth chart up mentality.

Nygard, PRussell, Granlund, Benson, Bouchard, Lagesson, & a goalie make 7.

If I'm being honest, I'm dropping PRussell for another body. Granlund makes it because he's a passable pivot, irregardless of being in the organization's plans next season.

The obvious option that the Oilers won't pursue is to bring Broberg instead of a goalie, and sign a local kid like say, Stuart Skinner, to be the apprentice zamboni driver, EBUG, and practice goalie for Rogers Place this summer. ;)
Exactly. I don't see guys like Bouchard, Broberg, McLeod or Samorukov even getting a sniff of playoff ice time considering the NHL depth in front of them. They're there for the experience. Broberg would come back a year or two from now and have an idea of what it's like when the games mean something.

When it comes to guys like Sammy and McLeod, they're in the system already. They know what's going on. Let them enjoy their summer. Stay home, train and come back fresh.

Reactions: MessierII

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
An old rumour now circulating again: Are the Arizona Coyotes considering bringing in Peter Chiarelli in a senior position above GM John Chayka?
SIMMONS: Why is Michael Jordan such a loser as an NBA owner?

Hahaha holy shit

nIJXh6E.gif

Arizona's CEO/President left the organization today. The CFO is also gone.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Chia should be the GM in Anaheim. He and Eakins could run that franchise into the ground for a decade.

As you might guess, the Ducks are not my favourite team.
They'd probably only have to be there for a year together for that to happen

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Coyotes are a tough read. A complete lack of center depth, mediocre goaltending and a team that has continually struggled to generate offense.

I'm not sure you could replace John Chayka's time there and come up with a worse result. They're a cap team that is loaded with veteran guys driving the bus and they don't have their 1st this year. Prospect cabinet is pretty bare to boot.

That being said, two years from now a lot of those bodies will be off the books and their cap situation opens up. Keller, Dvorak, Schmaltz, Hayton, OEL, Chychrun, Soderstrom. Not bad for the next guy in line.

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Well this pretty much guarantees hall done withe them as he can't stand that ball headed pigeon toe F$%^&*

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Well this pretty much guarantees hall done withe them as he can't stand that ball headed pigeon toe F$%^&*
It would've been idiotic to sign him anyways. They're nowhere near contention over the next three seasons and Hall turns 30 after next season. Give Keller that top line LW role and work on building depth through the middle. Doesn't matter who their GM is, Hall isn't fixing that team.

Reactions: Darkwinter

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Ah, too bad StevenF1919 isn't here to hear about his new favourite team getting the old same GM. :laugh:
A recap of what has happened since Steven announced he was quitting the Oilers to go cheer for a real team:

- the Oilers finished ahead of the Coyotes
- the Oilers made the playoffs, the Coyotes missed again
- Leon Draisaitl, who Steven hates, has a 13-point lead in the Art Ross race
- Leon Draisaitl, who Steven thinks is useless without McDavid, is the Hart favourite
- Peter Chiarelli may be joining the Coyotes

dUwEJLp.gif

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
A recap of what has happened since Steven announced he was quitting the Oilers to go cheer for a real team:

- Leon Draisaitl, who Steven thinks is useless without McDavid, is the Hart favourite

dUwEJLp.gif

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

dUwEJLp.gif
Not to mention the Coyotes trading for Taylor Hall only to subsequently shit the bed.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Chiarelli getting another job would be surprising if only the NHL weren't the ultimate Old Boys Club. Even Tambellini was only out of an NHL job for like 8 months, iirc.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Granlund is a bit underrated here imo. I'd want him as back up injury insurance. That would be much better than a rookie. Someone like Nygaard could crack our roster fully healthy though
The weird part of this offseason could be what happens with a guy like Granlund, he’s virtually already signed a deal for next season in the KHL. The KHL is notorious for starting at like the end of July with training camp. If the NHL is still trying to play games into August, is he still contractually obliged to play for Edmonton as a black ace?

Technically his deal ends July 1 I do believe, but there’s going to be a bit of a mess if the season hasn’t finished.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The Coyotes are a tough read. A complete lack of center depth, mediocre goaltending and a team that has continually struggled to generate offense.

I'm not sure you could replace John Chayka's time there and come up with a worse result. They're a cap team that is loaded with veteran guys driving the bus and they don't have their 1st this year. Prospect cabinet is pretty bare to boot.

That being said, two years from now a lot of those bodies will be off the books and their cap situation opens up. Keller, Dvorak, Schmaltz, Hayton, OEL, Chychrun, Soderstrom. Not bad for the next guy in line.
Chiarelli probably would have done better than Chayka. Same crappy trades but at least he can draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad