Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Wings fan here. Watching Oilers games from this season and I can't help but notice how much Kailer Yamomoto plays like Marco Rossi. Undersized geniuses. Would you trade Nurse and your next two first round draft pics for Marco Rossi?
Rossi is an upgrade over Yamo and like that you've created depth on your wing instantly (transition to C later).
I don't know the wings would do this but if Rossi slipped.

What would you change? Would you like to have Rossi?

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Would have to add Drai and a 1st to make it fair.
If the NHL still allowed cash to be traded for players, it might make sense for Nurse + 2x 1sts for Rossi and $550MM.
Rossi is the player involved in the trade and the $550M would be to buy the Oilers and hire a GM stupid enough to do that trade.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Wings fan here. Watching Oilers games from this season and I can't help but notice how much Kailer Yamomoto plays like Marco Rossi. Undersized geniuses. Would you trade Nurse and your next two first round draft pics for Marco Rossi?
Rossi is an upgrade over Yamo and like that you've created depth on your wing instantly (transition to C later).

I don’t think there’s anyway the Oilers would consider this. Rossi is an exceptional talent but he’s at his best with the puck on his stick and there’s only one puck out there and we’ve already got a few guys like that.

What the Oilers need in their top 6 is a shooter who has a knack for putting the puck in the net, preferably right handed. Luckily for them it looks like it’s shaping up that there could be a few players who fit that description in their range. If they were interested in trading up it would probably be if a guy like Jack Quinn is still on the board in the 14-16 range they might try and make a deal to jump up and grab him.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I don’t think there’s anyway the Oilers would consider this. Rossi is an exceptional talent but he’s at his best with the puck on his stick and there’s only one puck out there and we’ve already got a few guys like that.

What the Oilers need in their top 6 is a shooter who has a knack for putting the puck in the net, preferably right handed. Luckily for them it looks like it’s shaping up that there could be a few players who fit that description in their range. If they were interested in trading up it would probably be if a guy like Jack Quinn is still on the board in the 14-16 range they might try and make a deal to jump up and grab him.
The Oilers look to be picking 19th, not a terrible spot to be.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

Haha thanks for stopping by.

I seriously hope you guys end up with Lafreniere. Kid's a stud.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

That's a ridiculous ask for Rossi.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

You forgot to add Bertuzzi and Mantha while we add Neal.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

This will not go well for you . You come on to the Oilers boards and offer a trade that favors the Red Wings 3 to 1 . I get values are hard and they are also subjective at the best of times . D has more value then a winger and I am sure if Nurse was on the market we would be able to trade him for a proven winger . How about Jones for Mantha ? How do you think that offer would go on the Wings board ?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Rossi aint a generation talent

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If you meant Rossi for Nurse OR the next 2 1sts

While you are here.. we will return you Athanasiou for 2 x2nds or Rossi

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

That would be an interesting addition to the black aces.

Interesting but a waste imo. There are a bunch of guys I'd have above him on the blue line. I guess if they want to solely spend a spot to bring him over for a month or two and then send him back to Europe...okay? I don't see the team doing it, especially if they are serious about the playoffs

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Interesting but a waste imo. There are a bunch of guys I'd have above him on the blue line. I guess if they want to solely spend a spot to bring him over for a month or two and then send him back to Europe...okay? I don't see the team doing it, especially if they are serious about the playoffs
Black aces don't generally see playing time. Assuming an active roster?

Ennis - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Athanasiou - Haas - Chiasson
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Neal

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Bear
Russell - Benning
Jones - Green

Smith
Koskinen

Pick seven more.

Nygard, Granlund, Benson, Bouchard, Lagesson, a goalie...

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Did you miss the part where it said 30 man roster?

Reactions: TB12 and KYams17

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Bringing in Broberg just so he can get some time with the big team wouldn't be the worst thing, though I'm not seeing a spot for him, even if rosters are allowed to be 30 deep.

I'd rather have guys that put in the time with Bakersfield get rewarded as the black aces.

Main roster (23)
AA-McDavid-Kassian
Nuge-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-Sheahan-Archibald
Neal-Khaira-Chiasson
Haas

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones-Green
Russell, Benning

Koskinen
Smith

Blackaces (7)
Nygard, Benson, Russell
Lagesson, Bouchard, Samorukov
Skinner

Unless you want to boot Skinner off for Broberg, and just roll with two goalies. Tbt, I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Black aces don't generally see playing time. Assuming an active roster?

Ennis - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Athanasiou - Haas - Chiasson
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Neal

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Bear
Russell - Benning
Jones - Green

Smith
Koskinen

Pick seven more.

Nygard, Granlund, Benson, Bouchard, Lagesson, a goalie...

Granlund is gone next year. Unless there is a real chance he plays I would not have him on the 30 man roster. I might add Russel, Nygard, Benson, Bouchard, Lagesson, Skinner and Broberg. Nnext on my lsit would be McLeod or Currie.

Reactions: belair

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Granlund is gone next year. Unless there is a real chance he plays I would not have him on the 30 man roster. I might add Russel, Nygard, Benson, Bouchard, Lagesson, Skinner and Broberg. Nnext on my lsit would be McLeod or Currie.
Yeah, I forgot about PRussell. You could flip him for Granlund and not miss a beat.

I think Currie/McLeod would be left off for a third string, but that's pretty much how I'd see our black ace crew shaping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad