Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but did anyone notice Matheson latest tweets, he is suggesting possible 3 line C targets for the Oilers. Hmm...makes me think that maybe there is something to the RNH rumours.

If they sign Demers, the Barrie trade is dead. It's one or the other so we'll know tomorrow which will happen. RNH will be an Oiler next year if Demers is signed.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Demers=preferable

Demers does nothing for the Oilers, a slight upgrade on Fayne. They need an offensive defenseman, a PP QB. Demers isn't particularly good at anything, an average 2nd pairing Dman who will be getting $5M+ long term with a NMC.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Demers does nothing for the Oilers, a slight upgrade on Fayne. They need an offensive defenseman, a PP QB. Demers isn't particularly good at anything, an average 2nd pairing Dman who will be getting $5M+ long term with a NMC.

I actually dont even want Demers at FA money.

But I also thought he was an "offensive defenceman"

:help:

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
6 x 6 was bad enough.:laugh:

7x7 is david clarckson territory....just comical.

Media guys always seem to have a guy pegged to make x amount of dollars and say no way he will take less.. year after year we see guys taking less than they are "rumored" to be demanding... I'm happy to wait until tomorrow before assuming anything

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I would LOVE Backes. Always been a huge fan of how he plays but we simply can't afford him if we are signing Lucic + Demers. Maybe if we trade RNH for Barrie then sign Lucic + Backes and try to move salary in Pouliot.

What a team that would be.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I actually dont even want Demers at FA money.

But I also thought he was an "offensive defenceman"

:help:

He's no better than Hamonic offensively while being worse defensively. 22 and 23 points the last two seasons on the highest scoring team in the league.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I would LOVE Backes. Always been a huge fan of how he plays but we simply can't afford him if we are signing Lucic + Demers. Maybe if we trade RNH for Barrie then sign Lucic + Backes and try to move salary in Pouliot.

What a team that would be.

One marked on every teams calendars because they know they're in for a tough game

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I would target Staal for 3C if he's available. Vet experience, motivated, good defensively and skilled enough to contribute + size. Depends on the price tag obviously, have a feeling he gets around 4 million and if that's the case, I would pass. Other then that, I would target Hanzal and Helm.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I think you forget how many points Oilers were out of the playoffs. For them to jump up that many by losing Hall and adding Larsson and maybe lucic is laughable.
We've lost Hall, but we're adding Larsson, Puljujarvi, maybe Lucic and another RHD.

We were -85 last year, -42 this year. If we jump up +43 again with a proper defensive corps, we're at +1, which is playoff bubble territory. :)

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I would target Staal for 3C if he's available. Vet experience, motivated, good defensively and skilled enough to contribute + size. Depends on the price tag obviously, have a feeling he gets around 4 million and if that's the case, I would pass. Other then that, I would target Hanzal and Helm.

I wonder how much Evander Kane is costing these days

Hard no from me on both these guys.

I think you forget how many points Oilers were out of the playoffs. For them to jump up that many by losing Hall and adding Larsson and maybe lucic is laughable.

The Oilers were 17 points out of a playoff spot. We are out of the bottom-5 this season if McDavid, RNH, and Klefbom have healthy seasons (70+ games) and if Eberle were playing at 100%. You really think that a healthy Oilers team minus Hall and add Lucic, Puljujarvi, Larsson, and Demers can't make a 17-point jump?

The Islanders made a 22 point jump from the draft lottery to a divisional playoff seeding two seasons ago- subsequent to acquiring Leddy, Boychuk, and Halak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad