Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Wiz is willing to sign here for 2-2.5M I'd OS Lindholm.

Lindholm-Larsson
Sekera-Klef
Davidson-Wiz

This defense makes us easily one of the top 10 best D group in the league.

We still have McDavid, Drai, Pulju, Lucic, RNH, Ebs up front

WoolyWhatsIt

Jul 28, 2009
hes also 3 years older....so if you don't give lucic more then 5....any deal more then 2 years is just as bad

Ganz

Dibs
Nov 4, 2005
Upton
oH shhhi.....

Dean Molberg ‏@fan960boomer 20s21 seconds ago
Source told me today the Oilers are in "balls deep" on Lucic. Another suggested Oil have offered max term (7 yrs) and neighborhood of 7m per

7x7 would be a disaster :skull:

Gotta wait til tomorrow to find out...

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If the Oilers sign Demers, the Barrie possibility is dead and the Oilers have no offensive threat from the blueline and if that 7x7 for Lucic is true? Holy ****, Chia has lost his freaking mind.

I've been trying to defend him for the Hall trade but signing Demers and signing Lucic to an absurd contract like that would really sour me on him.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
oH shhhi.....

Source told me today the Oilers are in "balls deep" on Lucic. Another suggested Oil have offered max term (7 yrs) and neighborhood of 7m per

the thought and mental imagery of Chiarelli going balls deep on lucic probably scarred me for the remainder of my life.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
oH shhhi.....

Exactly what I have been stating the last hour. He is still getting paid out.

The 5.5 speculating was laughable.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
:laugh: Chia's totally gonna get destroyed on that Lucic contract, but they'll probably end up making the playoffs (or coming close) next season. McDavid is just too good and Klefbom back plus Larsson is a reasonable enough upgrade on the D. But then in 3-4 years every 2nd topic on this board will be "can we throw in our 1st rounder to get someone to take Lucic's contract?". Book it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Chia: I thought we had a deal at 5M x 7.

Lucic: That was before you traded Hall

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
:laugh: Chia's totally gonna get destroyed on that Lucic contract, but they'll probably end up making the playoffs (or coming close) next season. McDavid is just too good and Klefbom back plus Larsson is a reasonable enough upgrade on the D. But then in 3-4 years every 2nd topic on this board will be "can we throw in our 1st rounder to get someone to take Lucic's contract?". Book it.

I think you forget how many points Oilers were out of the playoffs. For them to jump up that many by losing Hall and adding Larsson and maybe lucic is laughable.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Maroon-McDavid-Yakupov
Lucic-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian
Pakarinen

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-xxx
Davidson-Gryba
Musil/Simpson

Talbot
yyy

If xxx and yyy are a #4d and an average backup (.910) and Klef and Larsson can keep developing a bit, welcome to the playoffs folks.

copper_blue

Jun 15, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but did anyone notice Matheson latest tweets, he is suggesting possible 3 line C targets for the Oilers. Hmm...makes me think that maybe there is something to the RNH rumours.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
url

"excuse me Mr.Katz, ..can i , um, can I ask for another couple mill for the lucic kid?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Exactly what I have been stating the last hour. He is still getting paid out.

The 5.5 speculating was laughable.

how about we hold off on the laughing til the morning.. its all nothing but speculation and rumor mongering so far.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but did anyone notice Matheson latest tweets, he is suggesting possible 3 line C targets for the Oilers. Hmm...makes me think that maybe there is something to the RNH rumours.

Such as? Is Backes one of them?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The Clarkson/Lucic comparison is dumbfounding. What do these players have in common? Lucic has proven to be a force his entire career. Very physical, probably the meanest S.O.B. in the entire league. Fights, scores, hits. Great along the boards with skill.

Clarkson can't hold Looch's jockstrap. Way younger too. I don't see a comparison other than they're both "power forwards".

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015

i really don't know why all of you have RNH penciled in as 3c, playing RNH as 2c and Drai on the wing is the more likely scenario.

We do need a 3c regardless, would be nice to get a guy who can actually play like a good 3c for once, we seem to always run 2 4th line C's in our bottom 6 =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad