Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Would you A) Deal RNH for Barrie or B) Sign Demers and Wiz and keep Nuge?

That's a tough question. I think it would depend on what Demers/Wiz contracts come in at and alternatively what the solution for 3rd line C would be if Nuge went out.

I'm really not sure to be honest.

I'd probably lean towards Nuge for Barrie and than sign Barrie long term? It would effectively "solve" the issue at the back end for the foreseeable future whereas with Demers/Wiz we'd still probably a year from now be in a position where we're looking for a RD PPQB.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Demers+wiz+RNH >>Barrie

My take as well, I just wonder what we could sign Demers and Wiz to?

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-RNH-Draisaitl
Maroon-Letestu-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Khaira-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Wizniewski

Talbot

That could definitely be a playoff team IMO.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Because Demers+RNH is much better than anything we get for RNH.

If I had it my way I would sign Wiz, keep RNH and OS Lindholm. So much more balanced.

Yeah, so when the team eventually succumbs to the curse again and wins the lottery next year, Anaheim gets to pick Nolan Patrick. :sarcasm:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That's a tough question. I think it would depend on what Demers contract comes in at and what the solution for 3rd line C would be if Nuge went out.

I'm really not sure to be honest.

I'd probably lean towards Nuge for Barrie and than sign Barrie long term? It would effectively "solve" the issue at the back end for the foreseeable future whereas with Demers/Wiz we'd still probably a year from now be in a position where we're looking for a RD PPQB.

Barrie would definitely be ideal, however we could afford to push for guys like Wideman, Wiz, or Ryan Murphy to fill that PP 1 spot and be our 3rd pairing RD. Maybe even eventually that spot could be filled by Bear.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Jesse Puljujarvi
Leon Draisaitl

if the Oilers allow them to develop correctly will be killers

what?

Pool party has never played in the NHL, and has never, ....ever showed the same level as Hall.

Drai....would still be in the minors if not for Hall.
I beleive that the reason that Hall's production went down at the end of the year was because Drai hit a wall HARD and was a complete boat anchor.
Hall could do so much, ...the kid was weighing the line down big time.

and neither play LW....

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Wiz got bought out for a reason and now people think he could help Oilers. :help:

He was bought out because he missed the entire year (played 47 seconds for the Hurricanes) not because of his play you know that right? He is a 40-50 point pace dman consistently. At his age and after missing so much time he would be dirt cheap for 1 year.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
lmao this board is crazy its like they completely whiped out last year and how the team absolutely cratered after Klefbom went down. Hall was healthy all year and he didn't do jack **** to get the Oilers out of the bottom 2 when there was no defense to aid the team. You added a better version of Klefbom and people think we're destined to be a worse team somehow.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

If I had it my way I would sign Wiz, keep RNH and OS Lindholm. So much more balanced.

I wouldn't trade Nuge either. He's pretty damn important.

I don't see the need for Demers though. He doesn't provide the offensive flare we need on the second pair. He's essentially another Larsson who plays less minutes, is less physical and costs more money for a longer term.

Cheap out on the four unless you go for broke.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
what?

Pool party has never played in the NHL, and has never, ....ever showed the same level as Hall.

I beleive that the reason that Hall's production went down at the end of the year was because Drai hit a wall HARD and was a complete boat anchor.

and neither play LW....

Come on now, Drai was not just some bum leeching off of Hall. He was playing fantastic hockey as well.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
My take as well, I just wonder what we could sign Demers and Wiz to?

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-RNH-Draisaitl
Maroon-Letestu-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Khaira-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Wizniewski

Talbot

That could definitely be a playoff team IMO.

Demers at 4M and Wiz at 2M plus Lucic at 5M would be perfect but it's wishful thinking. This leaves us with room to extend Drai, McDavid, Davidson and Pulju and still keep RNH and Ebs if he decides to finally play 2way

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003

I would be fine if they signed Wiz and Siedenberg.

Klefbolm-Larsson
Sekera-Seidenberg
Davidson-Wiz
Fayne

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
what?

and neither play LW....

Ehhh, Hall played like crap for the last half of the year. To pin that on Draisaitl is a little unfair. Anyone who watched Hall play knows he hit a wall too.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The good part about getting Lucic and Larsson is that they're both physical players. Larsson throws a lot of hits. Everybody knows when Lucic is on the ice. That guy will kill you if you have your head down and since I started watching the Kings games from last season, I'm seeing a lot of bad turnovers by other teams when he's on the ice. Three games in and a couple have lead to goals, with quite a few more opportunities.

Lucic is a valuable player. It's why he is the most sought after player in free agency this year. This guy doesn't cost you assets and will make the team better NOW. Who cares about what he's like in 4 or 5 years? He's only 28 years old and just put up 55 points playing 1st line minutes on arguably the best team in the western conference, maybe league wide.

This guy has won a stanley cup a few years ago as a key part of that team. He is a playoff player and makes teams pay. He grinds them down. He's actually a much better skater than people give him credit for.

He was the recipient of a lot of Kopitar passes so he's going to have no problem taking passes in the slot from McDavid.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
They have zero people to replace JT.

We don't have anyone proven to replace Hall either. Lucic is a complementary player. Puljujarvi should get there but it's a bad idea to rely on him for that right now.

McDavid will have to shoulder a ton of the scoring load on his own.

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
He was bought out because he missed the entire year (played 47 seconds for the Hurricanes) not because of his play you know that right? He is a 40-50 point pace dman consistently. At his age and after missing so much time he would be dirt cheap for 1 year.

Injury Prone and you seriously need to go look at hockeydb.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I wonder if we could sign Demers and then maybe make a trade to acquire Colin Miller out of Boston?

If Boston acquires Shattenkirk, then they won't have any room for Miller to grow and they need wingers.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Wouldn't Chia have to finalize the trade by tomorrow morning? He was the one that mentioned something about a market shift after free agency hits.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
lmao this board is crazy its like they completely whiped out last year and how the team absolutely cratered after Klefbom went down. Hall was healthy all year and he didn't do jack **** to get the Oilers out of the bottom 2 when there was no defense to aid the team. You added a better version of Klefbom and people think we're destined to be a worse team somehow.

We had a worse record with McDavid than without him. I guess he didn't go jack **** to get the Oilers out of the bottom 2 either.

Blaming Hall for the Oilers' strugglers is Toronto-esque with their Kessel idiocy. Management being terrible doesn't mean all of the players are terrible.

what?

and neither play LW....

Lmao Puljujarvi is an elite winger prospect just as Hall was in his draft year- and not only did he make the WJCs as a 17 year old (Hall didn't) but he made history being the youngest tournament MVP....17 points in 7 games vs 12 points in 7 games for Hall as an 18 year old in his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad