ATD: Rules - Discussion - Trades Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I would have went with Wayne sooner, but Marvin Harrison made me think he was gone already, then waiting on Holt I realized only one Peyton all timer went.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Andre Johnson was a consolation prize of mine, it feels like it's about the right time for him...

I had Lem Barney on my list, but further down. Contemporary accounts seem kind of up and down about him. Some made it seem like he was amazing and some made it seem like he was more of a ball hawk than a well-rounded coverage man and tackler. Because I couldn't figure out whether he was as good as his interceptions made it seem, I decided to go a different direction (while still getting interception numbers)...

Reactions: LT

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I was between Johnson and Holt on my last pick.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I pulled up a random regular season game from 1966 between Atlanta and Pittsburgh (because, of course I can...) and Nobis made the tackle on 6 of 25 plays. If the Steelers had 65, 70, 75 plays, he would track pretty close to the suggested number...wow.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Not challenging it in the least, but where does this information come from? I didn't even know tackles wasn't an official stat the whole way...

It can't be substantiated, but it's been written several times when it comes to stories about Nobis.

I pulled up a random regular season game from 1966 between Atlanta and Pittsburgh (because, of course I can...) and Nobis made the tackle on 6 of 25 plays. If the Steelers had 65, 70, 75 plays, he would track pretty close to the suggested number...wow.

Linebackers played all 3 downs back then and ran more often than they threw. I am sure guys like him and Lanier and Nietchke and Butkus had massive tackle numbers before they counted them accurately.

Reactions: Michael Farkas

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I'll make my pick soon. I haven't picked in like 50 picks so just trying to figure who's been taken and what's left.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Hines Ward! After his Superbowl MVP his Korean birthmom in Seoul popped up claiming she had to give him up for adoption because her parents had pressured her to. Hines flew to Seoul and wore traditional korean hanbok clothing alongside her, all smiles around. I then went on vacay to Guam for New Year's (direct flight from Busan at 2am) and bought a Hines Ward figurine at the K-Mart there, to show my students in teaching them about a sport they know little about, they all into FIFA, the NBA and somewhat MLB, though basically just teams with Korean players. Seems like yesterday. Hard to believe I've been here 20 years. HfBoards helped.:)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hines Ward! After his Superbowl MVP his Korean birthmom in Seoul popped up claiming she had to give him up for adoption because her parents had pressured her to. Hines flew to Seoul and wore traditional korean hanbok clothing alongside her, all smiles around. I then went on vacay to Guam for New Year's (direct flight from Busan at 2am) and bought a Hines Ward figurine at the K-Mart there, to show my students in teaching them about a sport they know little about, they all into FIFA, the NBA and somewhat MLB, though basically just teams with Korean players. Seems like yesterday. Hard to believe I've been here 20 years. HfBoards helped.:)
...and then he chop blocked one of the kids.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I get Ditka the TE and the coach?

That doesn't seem fair, given how apart in time and role.

Coaches and players should be seen as different animals.

But who would turn down the help.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I feel like having to choose either player or coach for each pick is somewhat fair. VI makes a good point about that usually coming in completely different eras.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
@spintheblackcircle

Why don't you take him with your pick while you're at it.

1690856808883.png

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There’s someone on the board who I just can’t believe is still there and it’s burning me up a bit that I’ve needed to pass on him so many times because of other needs.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
You can make a claim that players that played and were coaches have a slight advantage in overall team construction, but to have one - like Ditka - take up both spots at full value in both seems a little tough.

Like even Dick LeBeau, who is probably an all time DC, a fairly weak DB for this level of competition, he probably doesn't offer much overall...but then again, I'm not sure how we're actually carrying this all out. I would think that almost no coordinators would be taken as they're basically assistants to head coaches. So almost every team would have three legendary head coaches...but maybe that's my misread...which I am open to...

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t have a problem doing it that way, and I don’t think I’m using any of my coaches that way, we just forgot to establish that. I think of things like this in a world building sense where, would you have a coach coach against himself?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The ATDs for hockey on these boards have a 20 year history of separating players from coaches: Larry Robinson has multiple times been drafted as assistant coach/special teams coach long after his defenseman pick; Frank Boucher has been a depth coach long after a star center pick.

I drafted Ditka as a TE. I won't use that pick to access his coaching prowess decades later.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So at 133pm eastern @Voight is skipped? Rules say 6 hours for these rounds not counting overnight down time, last pick at 1033pm eastern (downtime midnight-9am). So Voight not trying to criticize, we all get busy just asking

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
So at 133pm eastern @Voight is skipped? Rules say 6 hours for these rounds not counting overnight down time, last pick at 1033pm eastern (downtime midnight-9am). So Voight not trying to criticize, we all get busy just asking
Any ATD or Mock draft I've went in on here the person is SOL once their time is up. That's why the clock exists. I'd imagine Voight doesn't care if you make your pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad