ATD: Rules - Discussion - Trades Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sterling Sharpe is a guy who is a receiver who was a pro bowler pre-Favre. I was hoping to get him in a few rounds.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
@Hasbro that gif you posted with Suh and the many many other instances of him doing stuff like that are why I was pissed when he was on the Bucs :biglaugh: . Too much of a dirtbag for my tastes haha

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Suh had probably one of the most dominating games I’ve ever seen from a football player, if not the most when he was in college. Should’ve won a heisman

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Grimm and LT

Ben Grimm

Non-Bs fans: Neely forever! 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Sterling Sharpe is a guy who is a receiver who was a pro bowler pre-Favre. I was hoping to get him in a few rounds.
I think you meant "WR Sterling Sharpe was a pre-Favre Pro-Bowler". ;) This old man from the WI/IL area thought everyone knew that but I'm probably wrong.
@Hasbro that gif you posted with Suh and the many other instances of him doing stuff like that are why I was pissed when he was on the Bucs :biglaugh: . Too much of a dirtbag for my tastes ha-ha.
He had the potential to be a lot better.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Obviously, there's a lot of film from NFL games still - I don't think I've been denied once ("hey, YouTube, can I get the 1940 NFL Championship?" -> "Sure, we have it in color and a version with Spanish announcers too if you like..." basically the opposite of the NHL) - but I wonder if Suh existed in the 1950's and was part of some team that was named for its ability to be cannibals or something awful (Purple People Eaters or the...uhhh...Unparalleled Paralyzers whatever), I wonder if he'd be more celebrated...as opposed to the era that he lived in where stomping on the face of the opposing team's quarterback's child is frowned upon...

I don't say that to justify him being a dirtbag...and maybe there's an acceptance scale that's considered. But, just a feckless thought exercise...

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Obviously, there's a lot of film from NFL games still - I don't think I've been denied once ("hey, YouTube, can I get the 1940 NFL Championship?" -> "Sure, we have it in color and a version with Spanish announcers too if you like..." basically the opposite of the NHL) - but I wonder if Suh existed in the 1950's and was part of some team that was named for its ability to be cannibals or something awful (Purple People Eaters or the...uhhh...Unparalleled Paralyzers whatever), I wonder if he'd be more celebrated...as opposed to the era that he lived in where stomping on the face of the opposing team's quarterback's child is frowned upon...

I don't say that to justify him being a dirtbag...and maybe there's an acceptance scale that's considered. But, just a feckless thought exercise...
I actually had the same thought when I was in the car after seeing the pick. Think I agree with this take

I'll probably try running a college one or a non ATD one of current players after this upcoming season
Won't be ran anytime soon, but what are thoughts on a college one?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
@Michael Farkas

1690250142603.png

Reactions: Michael Farkas

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Man, is Lynn Swann the first non-QB in NFL history to play the ol' championship card to get up bumped up the ladder...?

Maybe unpopular, but this feels early for him by magnitudes...I guess he was best WR that ended up on television from that era, but I don't think it's by nearly enough to justify this here. Some of the guys that didn't play on dominant teams in the 70's kind of get lost a bit, sort of like the only two goalies that we recognize in the 80's are Fuhr and Smith, that's because they won all of the Cups...it's a little too convenient...

I'm not saying Swann was untalented or that I didn't expect him to get picked at all, but...not a good value for my tastes here...

Ben Grimm

Non-Bs fans: Neely forever! 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Idk how many WR have been drafted. I saw Swann's whole career and rank him as the 25th best WR ever.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Even that seems kind of high to me, but I think he's like the 15th off the board.

I know that stats aren't the whole deal, but he's one of the handful of guys that kind of had a QB at the time - at least one that could chuck it up there...and even then, if you just focus on his career (1974-1982, which biases the sample entirely to him), he's 12th in receiving yards during that span...12th in receptions, 3rd in TDs...then when the rules changed to benefit passers, he got washed out as the passing game became more accessible to more teams...

I don't know, I think I could probably clear 35 or 40 before I'd get to Swann...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Swann is one of those guys who is a lot more elite skill than production, which luckily gets/got noticed given the function of the offense he was in

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
As a reminder, since we are starting the 14th round. Once we get to the 15th round, the clock goes from 8 hours to 6.

good pick @LT

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad