ATD: Rules - Discussion - Trades Thread

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I checked about 10 times that he was still available :laugh:

Couldn't believe the career INT leader was still around this late.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

Yeah I was deciding between him and houston for my last safety pick, sided with Houston. But could've went either way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

He strangely has a lack of respect for his career. It took him until 1998 to get into the hall of fame.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
To Jugglers 14th, 22nd
To Beastie Boys 16th, 17th

I get back-to-back picks shortly (with only 3 names left on my class A list), plus i don't give up next round's pick. In exchange @Pestilence gets to move up five rounds later.

Reactions: Pestilence

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Paul Krause isn't more highly regarded because he was a weak tackler, not physical, and played way, way off the ball. I think the legend (partial truth? Entire truth?) that Buddy Ryan was so sick of watching Krause play 20 yards off the line on every play (and off the game film at times) that the overreaction/reflex helped create the 4-6 defense with the Bears...

Probably a really good player, but more for this era where touching is frowned upon...

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Paul Krause isn't more highly regarded because he was a weak tackler, not physical, and played way, way off the ball. I think the legend (partial truth? Entire truth?) that Buddy Ryan was so sick of watching Krause play 20 yards off the line on every play (and off the game film at times) that the overreaction/reflex helped create the 4-6 defense with the Bears...

Probably a really good player, but more for this era where touching is frowned upon...
A lot of subtext when he’s referred to as a “Center Fielder”.

Reactions: Michael Farkas

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
distrokid.com
Dang, no RBs and in a 5 pick run the Commish takes 3 non-RBs!?! Jerry Jones is a much, much, much better GM. Jerry is the QB before Romo and the Commish is Romo.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Dang I did not think Ronde Barber was on anyone's radar just yet. Best blitzing corner I've ever seen, racked up 28 sacks on his career as a CB, just insane. I was hoping at one point to re-unite Sapp, Brooks and Barber on my D and ended up with only Brooks.

Reactions: Michael Farkas

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Dang I did not think Ronde Barber was on anyone's radar just yet. Best blitzing corner I've ever seen, racked up 28 sacks on his career as a CB, just insane. I was hoping at one point to re-unite Sapp, Brooks and Barber on my D and ended up with only Brooks.
Was a good pick. I thought about it since Woodson can play inside and out

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Got skunked on Eric Allen. Should be in the hall of fame as there’s no reason he isn’t on the same level if not better than Aeneas Williams.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
So did I, but in a different way.

I was on a job with my dad in a hotel when I was like 4, 5, 6 years old...ran into Eric Allen. Not eating, not with his girl. I ask for an autograph and he says, "nah, I don't do that stuff..."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So did I, but in a different way.

I was on a job with my dad in a hotel when I was like 4, 5, 6 years old...ran into Eric Allen. Not eating, not with his girl. I ask for an autograph and he says, "nah, I don't do that stuff..."
He has all the numbers to be in. Don’t understand why he isn’t aside from never having played in a championship game, which isn’t a reason.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Brian Westbrook ahead of a bunch of HOF RB's is an interesting selection.
To be fair, if you're looking for a utility guy that can be used for catching out of the backfield and be used as a change of pace there are worse choices. Seems a bit early for it, but could be a weapon still. I was doing some research for later in the draft for a change of pace/receiving back and he was a name that had come up for sure.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
To be fair, if you're looking for a utility guy that can be used for catching out of the backfield and be used as a change of pace there are worse choices. Seems a bit early for it, but could be a weapon still. I was doing some research for later in the draft for a change of pace/receiving back and he was a name that had come up for sure.
I don't disagree with what you're saying but just way too early imo. I liked the Faulk pick but he's a lot better than Westbrook.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad