Post-Game Talk: Round 2, Game 2: Rongos vs The Streak

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Justin St. Pierre, is that you? Please tell me how the refs are infallible. Aren't you the one who always makes the point that the refs are human beings that make mistakes? Are these same human beings free from any and all biases?

Are you blaming last night's loss on the refs?

The same refs that handed the game to the Rangers on a silver platter over the first 10 mins?

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
How is every post not shredding the PP?

That is THE reason for the loss. It doesn't just not score it CRUSHES momentum.

And it was supposed to be a big reason why the coaching change would provide playoff wins. It HAS to be fixed.

Yup. We have had the most PP opportunities of any playoff team and are failing to capitalize at an alarming rate.

This team has no legitimate PPQB and no threat from the point. Our pointmen handle the pucks like grenades. Opponents that are aggressive on the PK give our PP units fits. Until Sather fixes these deficiencies, the PP will probably continue to struggle in the playoffs.

In the meantime, someone needs to tell the Rangers that a PP goal scored off a deflection or a rebound counts just as much as PP goal that results from a pretty passing play. They are being too fancy with the puck and they should be pouncing on Fleury's rebounds.

Reaganomics

Apr 13, 2013
Uppsala
So happy that I didn't stay up for this one (was a last minute decision too!). From what I can tell Hank had a great game. Sucks that the team wasn't able to take advantage of it. Hank needs to match that level tonight if the Rangers are going to have any chance. 2-1 after three games would be a great start all things considered.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I literally had a dream last night where Nash scored an important playoff goal. That sure would be nice.

How is every post not shredding the PP?

That is THE reason for the loss. It doesn't just not score it CRUSHES momentum.

And it was supposed to be a big reason why the coaching change would provide playoff wins. It HAS to be fixed.

Seriously. Fire AV the Clown! :sarcasm:

BarbaraAlphanse

I literally had a dream last night where Nash scored an important playoff goal. That sure would be nice.

Seriously. Fire AV the Clown! :sarcasm:

He probably would have more than one if he wasn't on the same line as MSL.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
No, I'm blaming the loss on the ****** power play and lack of compete! I'm blaming the refs on the lack of interference and ******** embellishment calls!

I could see using fatigue as an excuse when it comes to the "lack of compete" issue.

But truth be told, whether tired or not, this team has shown an unwillingness to engage in some of the more bruising battles along the boards all season.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I may be alone here.

the teams played 4 games during the Reg. Season. They were 2-1-1 against each other and ONE goal seperated the teams.

I am perfectly happy with being 1-1 headed home right now.

It's what you want when you start on the road.

Would it have been nice to steal both, Yes. But it's not what happened.

We have 3 of the next 5 at home. We have to win tonight and that's it. Worry about Game four when game three is over.

Very winable series.

Think about it. 1-1 while going o-fer on the power play. It's not even a threat to score yet we are tied.

We get that going, we are a very dangerous team.

Last edited:

BarbaraAlphanse

Lines that I would like to see tonight:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Miller/Fast-Richards-MSL
Poo-Brass-Zucc
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

McD-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Diaz-Klein

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Lines that I would like to see tonight:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Miller/Fast-Richards-MSL
Poo-Brass-Zucc
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

McD-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Diaz-Klein

Im on board with this.

I'd probably play Fast over Miller because I think Fast is a more careful player and I dont have much hope for any Richards line at even strength anyway. Just avoid mistakes.

Diaz should play if for nothing else than giving him some PP time.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Good teams are diverse. Take away the center of the ice, take away time at the blueline, and they can chip it in, win board battles, get hard points shots through and get to rebounds. When the opponent tries to agressively pressure the perimeter and aggressively clear the crease, a good team will shred them with crisp and creative passing plays.

The Rangers used to be only good at A. Now they are only good at B. Swinging the pendulum.

The PP can't enter the zone because they can't execute a simple dump and chase. They can't open interior lanes because they can't get shots through and don't have a net front presence. So even when they do enter the zone they move the puck around the perimeter aimlessly.

And for the record I said multiple times I will take 1-1 in Pit. They still have a decent chance here.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I think we see at least one of Fast or Miller tonight. Maybe both, although I don't think you can realistically remove anyone but Dorsett.

Maybe Miller comes in on fire playing against his hometown team. Would be nice. This series is incredibly winnable. They just need to stop taking stupid penalties before the Pens start getting more on the powerplay.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I may be along here.
You are not alone. In the grand scheme of things, for the Rangers to be the road team and split the first two away games, it as close to ideal is it gets.

That said, there are some things that are becoming very hard to ignore.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I could see using fatigue as an excuse when it comes to the "lack of compete" issue.

But truth be told, whether tired or not, this team has shown an unwillingness to engage in some of the more bruising battles along the boards all season.

And THAT is the lack of toffnuss I talk about.

A mental edge that this team doesn't have.

It's a soft mentality when you are not willing to physically engage the opposition in those battles.

Under Torts we could win those battles and be lost in the middle of the ice. Now, we can get things done in the middle, but have an aversion to board battles.

:shakehead

Badko

Jan 9, 2007
This team lacks a killer mentality. They just can't put the opposition away and they play to the other team's level of play. Putting Pitt down 2-0 going into the Garden would just about have locked up this series. We've got 4 working lines, an awesome defense and an all world goalie. They need to believe they deserve the cup as much as any other team out there and then go play like they own it.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Justin St. Pierre, is that you? Please tell me how the refs are infallible. Aren't you the one who always makes the point that the refs are human beings that make mistakes? Are these same human beings free from any and all biases?

Don't know who Justin is but if you believe that the refs were the reason the Rangers lost, you're mistaken.

Why is it that so many fans cannot accept that sometimes your team gets outplayed?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We were trounced, and I think if we do anything with the lines it should involve moving Nash back to right wing. Splitting up our offense again.

We could use Diaz to rest one of our gassed defenders, but you always want your best guys out there.

This is a big game, because we just got thoroughly outplayed and have no rest at all after a physical affair. I can't say that the odds are in our favor for this one.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
It would be nice if they got in front of the net. tired of them winning board battles just so they can give it away

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
This team lacks a killer mentality. They just can't put the opposition away and they play to the other team's level of play. Putting Pitt down 2-0 going into the Garden would just about have locked up this series. We've got 4 working lines, an awesome defense and an all world goalie. They need to believe they deserve the cup as much as any other team out there and then go play like they own it.

Please elaborate.

We have 4 lines that get out there and take their turn - I wouldnt exactly call then "working"

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
We were trounced, and I think if we do anything with the lines it should involve moving Nash back to right wing. Splitting up our offense again.

We could use Diaz to rest one of our gassed defenders, but you always want your best guys out there.

This is a big game, because we just got thoroughly outplayed and have no rest at all after a physical affair. I can't say that the odds are in our favor for this one.

I wouldn't mind a Diaz-Klein 3rd pairing putting Diaz on the PP, gives Moore a rest and may find a spark on the PP.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Last night was perhaps the best playoff game I've ever seen Lundqvist play.

People must be spinning their wheels this morning with being unable to make him the scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad