Post-Game Talk: Round 2, Game 2: Rongos vs The Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Please elaborate.

We have 4 lines that get out there and take their turn - I wouldnt exactly call then "working"

I tend to agree with you (first time ever maybe). The lines aren't "working."

Our best lineup (with Kreider) has 2 lines I have no complaints with:

Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo/Dorsett

Then you have:

Kreider/Nash/St. Louis/Stepan/Richards/Hagelin and we've yet to find the right match with them. Without Kreider, it's worse because Carcillo gets bumped into that group.

Maybe Carcillo/Richards/MSL and Hagelin/Stepan/Nash would be worth a shot.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I wouldn't mind a Diaz-Klein 3rd pairing putting Diaz on the PP, gives Moore a rest and may find a spark on the PP.

Diaz showed enough in the late season to get some games. I know people were keen on the Richards line, but I think

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Carcillo-Richards-MSL

Will draw some good assignments from Pitt. Hagelin has the creativity of a giga-pet designer, I think that is one of the reasons why despite good play the Richards line wasn't able to find a goal last night. Splitting Nash, Zucc, and MSL means that at least one of them will be matched up against the pittsburgh 3rd pairing a lot of the time.

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
St.Louis-Stepan-Nash was total garbage tonight. St.Louis was a ghost unless for million offsides he took.
McDonagh was offensive nightmare.
Way to go Rangers.
If we keep this up, 1-4 series lost.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Yeah, that DD penalty certainly looked like a flop. I'm only saying that because I never saw a replay where Kunitz's head hit the glass, and he sure acted like it did.

That was a flop. I thought Bortuzzo flopped when Nash "cross-checked" him, too.

I might be wrong, but I don't think they will ever call "embellishment" after the whistle. And Dorsett's penalty was just mindnumbing. Down by one goal with 3 minutes left. Would not be shocked to see Carcillo back on the 4th line tonight with Fast or Miller back in the lineup.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
St.Louis-Stepan-Nash was total garbage tonight. St.Louis was a ghost unless for million offsides he took.
McDonagh was offensive nightmare.
Way to go Rangers.
If we keep this up, 1-4 series lost.

Yeah, but to be fair - if you said that after Game 1 you'd say we sweep.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Diaz showed enough in the late season to get some games. I know people were keen on the Richards line, but I think

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Carcillo-Richards-MSL

Will draw some good assignments from Pitt. Hagelin has the creativity of a giga-pet designer, I think that is one of the reasons why despite good play the Richards line wasn't able to find a goal last night. Splitting Nash, Zucc, and MSL means that at least one of them will be matched up against the pittsburgh 3rd pairing a lot of the time.

I agree 100% with that lineup, and a Diaz-Klein 3rd pairing for tonight.

Also, my PP would be

Stepan-St. Louis-Nash-Richards-Diaz.
Zucc line-McDonagh-Girardi.

Badko

Jan 9, 2007
Please elaborate.

LOL. Probably could have come up with a better word than "working" for the 4 lines. What I was thinking is that we can rotate 4 lines on the ice that have the ability to keep the momentum on our side. That assumes they play each and every shift with the desire to win. That's what I feel is missing.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Either that, or just put Boyle/Moore/Carcillo on the PP with Diaz and Klein. Can't be worse.

If they can't find any space, they need to just do what Richards did on the 2nd PP last game. Shoot from bad angles and crash the net looking for the rebounds.

But this team has been horrible at burying rebounds all year, I don't even get excited when there is a goal mouth scramble because it never goes in.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
If we scored on our PP's those other calls wouldn't have mattered.
You and others alike, fail to understand that is not just about scoring, but also tiring out the opponent! Just because we aren't scoring doesn't mean we are not entitled to calls for infraction against us. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
LOL. Probably could have come up with a better word than "working" for the 4 lines. What I was thinking is that we can rotate 4 lines on the ice that have the ability to keep the momentum on our side. That assumes they play each and every shift with the desire to win. That's what I feel is missing.

Im sure they have the desire to win, I just dont know if they have a versatile enough game to win when its the top 8 teams in the NHL remaining.

Nash is a microcosm of this team as a whole. I want him to add another dimension to his game, I just dont think he can.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
You and others alike fail to understand that is not just about scoring, but also tiring out the opponent! Just because we aren't scoring doesn't mean we are not entitled to calls for infraction against us. To think otherwise is ridiculous.
Bottom line, if a team committs a penalty it should be called, regardless of how many penalties said team committs. That goes for the Rangers too.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
From what i saw, and i didnt see the whole game, it looked to me that the Pens just imposed their will. I didnt really see it as the Rangers playing poorly. It just looked like the Rangers were overmatched. Gotta give the Pens their due.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
From what i saw, and i didnt see the whole game, it looked to me that the Pens just imposed their will. I didnt really see it as the Rangers playing poorly. It just looked like the Rangers were overmatched. Gotta give the Pens their due.

Tough to admit the truth, but thats the truth

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Who said that? They absolutely need him. It's just that if he can't stick handle or shoot, what's the point?

I dont think Kreider can stick handle much anyway, but when hes on, he plays the type of north/south game this team can use. Hes a guy that can use his speed to retrieve pucks.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I might be wrong, but I don't think they will ever call "embellishment" after the whistle. And Dorsett's penalty was just mindnumbing. Down by one goal with 3 minutes left. Would not be shocked to see Carcillo back on the 4th line tonight with Fast or Miller back in the lineup.

Dorsett's penalty was idiotic, but so was having him on the ice down 1 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd period.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
I agree with this. This has been an issue all year, and now comes more under the microscope.

Yes, a very soft team physically and mentally which had 96 points during the season are 1-1 in the second round of the playoffs. What a soft team!

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Justin St. Pierre, is that you? Please tell me how the refs are infallible. Aren't you the one who always makes the point that the refs are human beings that make mistakes? Are these same human beings free from any and all biases?

The loss is in no, way, shape or form the refs' fault. They failed to capitalize on 3 PPs they got within the first 10 minutes of the game.

They were outplayed at ES too.

The Penguins were the better team. Saying the refs missed interference and diving (which BTW, sounds like things Flyer fans were saying last round) is a copout. I didn't notice much diving or embellishing last night anyway. There is ALWAYS interference in playoffs. That goes from teams like Detroit to Chicago to even the Rangers. There was so much interference in the Chicago/Detroit series last year, especially by Detroit. But Chicago overcame it, which is what the Rangers need to do. People should stop blaming scheduling and refs. They were outplayed, simple as that.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Theres a lot of issues that can be micro-managed after last night, but the simple solution is the Rangers top position players need to play like their top players.

I thought Carcillo was one of the best forwards last night. That **** is fun while it lasted, but a huge problem if it becomes a regular occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad