Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Rangers) 2015 Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
It was crazy loud at Verizon last night and I've only had 6 hours of sleep but damn I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Plenty of fans there even with the draft going on and a bunch of signed stuff was being given away. Would even say there were more people there than last time. 3 100 sections in front of the screen packed with Red.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Stepan was who Alzner viciously stabbed in the back of the knee. I'm surprised he didn't have to get it amputated.

:laugh:

Thanks I will update the log

The NBC guys were playing it up saying he had to be helped to the bench. They showed the replay later, and it was not true. I don't think he missed a shift.

What I find hilarious, is when a guy plays the injured card, doesn't get the call, but keeps trying to sell it all the way back to the bench. Hurting his team further, all to not let his fans know he is a drama queen.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Lost in Time and Space
:laugh:

Thanks I will update the log

The NBC guys were playing it up saying he had to be helped to the bench. They showed the replay later, and it was not true. I don't think he missed a shift.

What I find hilarious, is when a guy plays the injured card, doesn't get the call, but keeps trying to sell it all the way back to the bench. Hurting his team further, all to not let his fans know he is a drama queen.

Rangers did this all night. This was a deliberate tactic I've seen AV teams use before.

Moore tried to sell one on a super clean Wilson hit.

Boyle tried to sell one on that Backstrom hit in the end.

They try to work the refs and deter the other teams physical play that way.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
We had the opponent getting the tying goal late in both G7 against Isles and in G1 against Rags. And managed to calmly get the winning goal soon after.

That's impressive. We knew Casual Mike is a calm guy :) But now they are getting the job done along with it.

Barry + Orpik + Reirden = what an effect!

I wonder who was behind getting Trotz, Reirden and Orpik in the beginning? Is it GMBM really?

Bottom-6 needs to score still.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Can someone PLEASE put together a single post with these video snippets:

* Staal putting Glencross face-first into the boards
* Glass spearing Holtby in the neck
* McDonagh punching Ovie in the face

Then we can just post that each time whiny Rags fans start complaining about refs and/or Caps.

Would do it myself, but it surpasses my technical know-how by a factor of, oh, about 10.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I'm starting to enjoy NBC's coverage...at least when the Caps win. Listening to Pierre whine and the announcers utter disappointment was kind of...satisfying:)

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Can someone PLEASE put together a single post with these video snippets:

* Staal putting Glencross face-first into the boards
* Glass spearing Holtby in the neck
* McDonagh punching Ovie in the face

Then we can just post that each time whiny Rags fans start complaining about refs and/or Caps.

Would do it myself, but it surpasses my technical know-how by a factor of, oh, about 10.
I say let them complain. I want the Rangers fans to complain so much that it spreads to the players. Let them be concerned with how "dirty" the Caps are, and not about executing.

Marshall

A Mahoney guy
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I'm pulling a strung - I'm beginning to enjoy the Caps being considered evil/cheapshot artists/whatever.

Feelin' the power of the Dark Side.

the-dark-side.jpg

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Opinions on Bura?

Too many turnovers, IMO, but his speed through the neutral zone is a very welcome sight, esp. against speedy Rag roster.

Also, he's not a well-known entity yet for opponents. Quick release, nasty shot. Feels like he is due for a snipe. He certainly surprised Lundqvist w/ the high shot yesterday. Lundqvist fought that one off.

I guess Fehr, if he gets healthy, or even Latta, would bringer a heavier, more responsible game. But i would hate to lose the speed. We're not the fastest team.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Fehr > Burakovsky > Latta at this point. Didn't like Latta much at all against NYI. Burakovsky may be outmatched at times, but he has the talent to actually score.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Opinions on Bura?

Too many turnovers, IMO, but his speed through the neutral zone is a very welcome sight, esp. against speedy Rag roster.

Also, he's not a well-known entity yet for opponents. Quick release, nasty shot. Feels like he is due for a snipe. He certainly surprised Lundqvist w/ the high shot yesterday. Lundqvist fought that one off.

I guess Fehr, if he gets healthy, or even Latta, would bringer a heavier, more responsible game. But i would hate to lose the speed. We're not the fastest team.
Lots of flash, no finish right now. He's our weakest player on the boards by a distance. That's killed his effectiveness on PP2. He looks a couple strong off-seasons from being a consistent playoff performer.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
With a big sports weekend on tap - NFL draft, Kentucky Derby, the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao fight, NBA playoffs and more, what would be the No. 1 event for a fan to attend? None of those, Harper said. ''I'd take Wild at Blackhawks. I love the NHL playoff atmosphere, and I really like how Patrick Kane plays,'' he said. Harper is giving hockey support to Washington, too. He's set to attend Game 4 of the Rangers-Capitals series next Wednesday night, after the Nats host Miami in the afternoon.
Glad I'm not the only one. They keep saying this big weekend of sports and I could really give a **** less other than NHL hockey. Maybe give the Wiz a watch if they're playing, but everything else is a joke.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles

Or how about Tavares lying motionless as if his spinal cord had been severed and then popping up to join celebration after Kulemin goal?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm pulling a strung - I'm beginning to enjoy the Caps being considered evil/cheapshot artists/whatever.

Feelin' the power of the Dark Side.

the-dark-side.jpg

I think that might be the key to winning the Cup. The Kings and the Bruins are considered to be heavy/dirty teams by most, and look where it got them.

We used to be bullied by other teams, now it's our turn. It feels good to be the bad guys for once.

I'm completely fine with other fanbases calling us a dirty team as long as we are successful.
Let them whine about the Backstrom hit yesterday, the Ovi hit in game 7 (which was dirty I have to admit) and the Wilson hit on Visnovsky.

The Isles and the Rags have one thing in common, a whiny fanbase.
At least the Nassau Coliseum was louder than MSG.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
just been reading the rangers post game thread ... its hilarious

they seriously believe they completely outplayed us yesterday and we won by puck luck

oh btw ... according to them, Backstrom is now the "little Geico mascot" and he is gonna get run over by their entire team

Free Willy - go protect Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad