Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Rangers) 2015 Playoffs

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Did anyone from lines 3 or 4 score against the Isles? I think it was all 1 and 2, right?

3rd line needs to show up. I hope Bura post one tonight.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Laich goal was lucky and strictly speaking wasn't from a set line. It was a dump in late on a shift. The puck died before reaching the trapezoid, Johansson fed to the slot and Laich scored coming off the bench.

Not that you don't need luck, but I wouldn't point to that as an example of the bottom 3 lines clicking.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Caps will do fine if they limit mistakes. They need to not make bad pinches or make sure to have that third guy high. If they do that, they have a great shot to beat the Rags IMO.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
HoltbyGoalStats.jpg

Holtby's much lauded glove hand ****ing sucks.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Well since those are numbers and not rates they don't take shot selection into consideration and it would be foolish to draw any conclusion from them.
Yup, we'd need to know shot volume in each location and comparisons to other goalies in the league for that to be meaningful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Anyone know whats the deal with the ant theme that ny has going?

As explained by one of their posters that frequents here:

Haha, ok so...I think it was either last year or the year before that. We had a playoff avatar thread up and everyone gave ideas and what not.

And out of no where this one poster shows up and just says:

"::Hank walks in::
"Sploosh"

Leaving garbage in front of the net
"THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS"

Everyone died of laughter, cuz no one knew what it meant. So this year we just went with it hahah.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Rags vs. Caps this year:

GP G A P​

Derick Brassard, C 4 2 3 5
Kevin Hayes, RW 4 2 3 5
Martin St. Louis, RW 3 2 2 4
Rick Nash, LW 3 3 0 3
Dan Boyle, D 4 0 3 3
Mats Zuccarello, RW 4 0 3 3
Ryan McDonagh, D 4 0 2 2
Dominic Moore, C 4 1 1 2
Tanner Glass, LW 4 0 1 1
Derek Stepan, C 4 0 1 1
Chris Kreider, LW 4 0 1 1
Carl Hagelin, LW 4 1 0 1
Jesper Fast, RW 4 1 0 1
J.T. Miller, C 4 1 0 1
Chris Summers, D*† 2 0 0 0
James Sheppard, LW† 2 0 0 0
Matt Hunwick, D 2 0 0 0
Kevin Klein, D 2 0 0 0
Marc Staal, D 3 0 0 0
Keith Yandle, D*† 3 0 0 0
Dan Girardi, D 4 0 0 0

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just saw the NHL Live set up on the series. That was disappointing. It was all about the Rangers. They mentioned that Ov was good and that Ov and Backstrom vs Girardi and McD would be big to watch. And that was it on the Caps. They talked about getting Klein back being big. They talked about how great the 6 d were going thru them one at a time. Hradek said that maybe this will be the series that Nash gets his goal scoring legs under him. They talked about Zuccarello and St Louis and talked about how AV has beaten Trotz in a playoff serie. After all of that the cursory mention of Ovechkin and the schedule for the series.

So, that is the official NHL take on the series. Very bad news. Tom Wilson goes to the box on his first shift.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Just saw the NHL Live set up on the series. That was disappointing. It was all about the Rangers. They mentioned that Ov was good and that Ov and Backstrom vs Girardi and McD would be big to watch. And that was it on the Caps. They talked about getting Klein back being big. They talked about how great the 6 d were going thru them one at a time. Hradek said that maybe this will be the series that Nash gets his goal scoring legs under him. They talked about Zuccarello and St Louis and talked about how AV has beaten Trotz in a playoff serie. After all of that the cursory mention of Ovechkin and the schedule for the series.

So, that is the official NHL take on the series. Very bad news. Tom Wilson goes to the box on his first shift.

Are you surprised?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Are you surprised?

actually, yes. I am not surprised that there is a Ranger tilt, but was surprised at how nearly complete it was. It was so complete that I was thinking they were going to do a Rangers preview and then a Caps preview segment later.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Wilson a predator and a dirty player...haha sounds like rangers are getting scared

Kreider is the real predator. He goes after goalies. Caps need to keep an eye on that dirty #$%&!!!

Dan Boyle, too. I still haven't forgotten that dirty, dirty slewfoot he gave to Semin at the 2010 Olympics. Boyle is a A-grade rat fink.

Hopefully Wilson trucks a few Rangers tonight and knocks them off their game and causes them to lose focus.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
actually, yes. I am not surprised that there is a Ranger tilt, but was surprised at how nearly complete it was. It was so complete that I was thinking they were going to do a Rangers preview and then a Caps preview segment later.

So Caps win will be even more sweet. Great!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
why not his face on the alien from the Predator movie, then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad