Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Rangers) 2015 Playoffs

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think that might be the key to winning the Cup. The Kings and the Bruins are considered to be heavy/dirty teams by most, and look where it got them.

We used to be bullied by other teams, now it's our turn. It feels good to be the bad guys for once.

I'm completely fine with other fanbases calling us a dirty team as long as we are successful.
Let them whine about the Backstrom hit yesterday, the Ovi hit in game 7 (which was dirty I have to admit) and the Wilson hit on Visnovsky.

The Isles and the Rags have one thing in common, a whiny fanbase.
At least the Nassau Coliseum was louder than MSG.

OK Who can Capital-ize Darth Vader into a red white and blue Caps uni?

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
I'm pulling a strung - I'm beginning to enjoy the Caps being considered evil/cheapshot artists/whatever.

Feelin' the power of the Dark Side.

I remember this beauty from earlier in the season. Think it fits now more than ever:

TAXSkBY.jpg

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Lost in Time and Space
Stepan was who Alzner viciously stabbed in the back of the knee. I'm surprised he didn't have to get it amputated.

Yeah clearly another attempt by the Rags to "sell" a call.

Funny was Pierre McGuirre covering up for Stepan saying...."oh there's not much padding there" ...then seeing how truly light a tap it was instead of calling out Stepan he said "it must have hit a nerve"

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
just been reading the rangers post game thread ... its hilarious

they seriously believe they completely outplayed us yesterday and we won by puck luck

oh btw ... according to them, Backstrom is now the "little Geico mascot" and he is gonna get run over by their entire team

Free Willy - go protect Papa

Rangers fans and New Yorkers for that matter have always had that little arrogance in them. It's good, they take pride into their team, win or lose.

Gotta watch out for Kreider to try to hurt Papa.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault says the "standards have been set" on what is allowed. Cites Ovechkin hit on Isles' Hickey in first round, Backstrom on Boyle

Hehehe.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sure is nice to be the team playing rough while the other team complains about it. It's been the other way around for many years. These aren't your daddy's Caps.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012

Is it weird to have a maintenance day when hes had a long rest before this game? I wonder if he's dealing with something or if the caps happened to him.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Almost would like to see Liam O'Brien get a sweater just to troll. Did anyone ever score when he was on the ice? I remember some crazy stat earlier this year like that.

Not happening, I just want to see him do some crazy.

He does have 1G 2A in 3 playoff games for bears. :clap:

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault says the "standards have been set" on what is allowed. Cites Ovechkin hit on Isles' Hickey in first round, Backstrom on Boyle

Hehehe.

He seems rattled. It's 1 loss, caused chiefly by the failure of his team to play to the horn. Acting like the problem with that game for the Rangers is how it was called won't make them play better in Game 2.

Hope his team comes out and plays unhinged.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
He seems rattled. It's 1 loss, caused chiefly by the failure of his team to play to the horn. Acting like the problem with that game for the Rangers is how it was called won't make them play better in Game 2.

Hope his team comes out and plays unhinged.

I guess he didn't see Holtby get speared in the neck either

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Maybe I missed it but has there been an explanation for Johansson not being on the bench for the first 11 minutes or so of the 2nd period?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010

Hehehe.

I had no idea AV was this much of an idiot. He's doing his team a disservice by saying these things.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Maybe I missed it but has there been an explanation for Johansson not being on the bench for the first 11 minutes or so of the 2nd period?

Haven't seen an official explanation (though I haven't looked particularly hard). Some speculation it may have been his cut from round one re-opening.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Its his goto tactic. Work the refs through the media in a passive-aggressive way.

He condescendingly (IMO) calls the refs "sir" (or at least has in the past)

At the same time, he is telling his team they need to start doing what we are doing. This is exactly what led to the Isles' demise. They are playing to our hand. Which I love btw.

I guess I gave AV a bit more credit?

What a doofus.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Rangers did this all night. This was a deliberate tactic I've seen AV teams use before.

Moore tried to sell one on a super clean Wilson hit.

Boyle tried to sell one on that Backstrom hit in the end.

They try to work the refs and deter the other teams physical play that way.

Certainly this was the case when AV was coaching in Vancouver. They were a speedy, skilled team that was on the softish side. They liked to dive and feign injuries to try and milk calls.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
I know our fans are coming across as a bunch of whiners right now but i promise we are not all like that. You guys played well yesterday. I knew Ovi could shoot but that snipe was ridiculous. Holtby also seems to be playing with a lot of confidence. And backstroms hit at the end wasnt really a big deal to me. Also wilsons hit was clean even though it pissed off moore. I think this will be a long series though. Looking forward to game 2. Good luck to you guys!

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

Haven't seen an official explanation (though I haven't looked particularly hard). Some speculation it may have been his cut from round one re-opening.

Official explanation is out - they say it was a combination of an equipment issue and getting "tangled up" and needing stretching - so... yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad