Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Rangers) 2015 Playoffs

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
At the same time, he is telling his team they need to start doing what we are doing. This is exactly what led to the Isles' demise. They are playing to our hand. Which I love btw.

I guess I gave AV a bit more credit?

What a doofus.

At least NYI had a few that could do it. If the Rangers try to play physical, who do they have that's even effective at it?

Sounds like we're already in their heads.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He seems rattled. It's 1 loss, caused chiefly by the failure of his team to play to the horn. Acting like the problem with that game for the Rangers is how it was called won't make them play better in Game 2.

Hope his team comes out and plays unhinged.

At the same time, he is telling his team they need to start doing what we are doing. This is exactly what led to the Isles' demise. They are playing to our hand. Which I love btw.

I guess I gave AV a bit more credit?

What a doofus.

What's funny is, if the caps play clean hard hockey and the Rags start running around while begging for more ref involvement, they're going to be seeing a lot more PP snipes from Ovie.

Let 'em try to play the Caps' game and get away from their strengths. Just so long as Willy is there to make sure they don't hurt our guys.

But I will say, the emerging narrative of the Caps being dirty is concerning only in that, somehow, I guess because we're the "big physical team" none of these idiots seem to notice when our guys get hit/speared with no call. I worry that we're fair game.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Official explanation is out - they say it was a combination of an equipment issue and getting "tangled up" and needing stretching - so... yeah.

Ok so using context I guess I can make an educated guess what 'getting tangled up' might means but anyone have any thoughts on this? I didn't notice anything that might have given a hint of the issue when he came back. Anyone?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ok so using context I guess I can make an educated guess what 'getting tangled up' might means but anyone have any thoughts on this? I didn't notice anything that might have given a hint of the issue when he came back. Anyone?

Probably just muscle cramps that weren't worked out between periods, i.e. tangled muscles. I guess.

As far as the hits and chirping, expect to be on the PK early and often tomorrow. Justified or not the storyline is out there that the Caps won on a dirty hit and the refs are sure to be looking for some way to give the Rangers the lead in Game 2.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault says the "standards have been set" on what is allowed. Cites Ovechkin hit on Isles' Hickey in first round, Backstrom on Boyle

Hehehe.

Good. He can let his team lose control and give Ovechkin more power play goals. In a tight low scoring series nothing could be better for the Caps.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Good. He can let his team lose control and give Ovechkin more power play goals. In a tight low scoring series nothing could be better for the Caps.

The Rags have less mental toughness than the Isles. It took until game 5 for the Isles to lose their ****. Vigneault has already lost his cool in front of the cameras and we only played 1 game so far. He's falling into the same trap the Isles fell in. If he wants to play our game, he's gonna lose. He has to stick by his original gameplan if he wants to win.

It's unbelievable, the Caps are now playing a full 60 minutes of hockey as evidenced in game 7 and yesterday.

I'm curious to see how they'll react in game 2.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
It was impressive how much room Caps forwards had out there compared to the Isles series. Even remembering back two and three years ago, McD and Girardi were on the first line line stink on ****.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Pandering to the refs and the league, expect 5+ PP's for the Rags next game.

Without a doubt. I fully expect this.

The real beauty would be them getting gifted calls by complaining, but us keeping their PP in check. Which can be terribly demoralizing, and send their PP approach back to the drawing board. It will be our key to victory on Saturday.

This is that situation where Brian needs to get out of his hammock and join Trotz in showing everyone gifs looping until the end of time of Holts being speared in the neck, and Kreider kicking out his leg to take out Holts before getting cleaned by Orpik.

Its no secret how to take out a goalie on a goose egg, and I am concerned we already saw it in game 1, only down a freaking goal.

Last edited:

thelebaron

Feb 25, 2013
san franfrisco
kreider doesnt bother me much, only that I hope if we get into a situation like that a penalty isnt called on us either(although its the rangers so it probably would). glass can go **** himself though

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault says the "standards have been set" on what is allowed. Cites Ovechkin hit on Isles' Hickey in first round, Backstrom on Boyle

Hehehe.

Pandering to the refs and the league, expect 5+ PP's for the Rags next game.

Yep we've seen a million coaches do this in the playoffs..complete pandering.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am working as track photographer for some teams racing at Summit Point WV this weekend. I got a chance to listen to the guy that works on 1067 around 2p for the first time. He totally destroyed the Rangers and their fans for whining about the Backstrom hit. It was hilarious

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am working as track photographer for some teams racing at Summit Point WV this weekend. I got a chance to listen to the guy that works on 1067 around 2p for the first time. He totally destroyed the Rangers and their fans for whining about the Backstrom hit. It was hilarious

I heard some of that, his name is Chad Dukes. Indeed it was hilarious.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
From the playoff photoshop thread (which you all really should read, it's great every year):

6vJtWd7.gif

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We miss Zucc due to injury and a big loss for Rangers. And Caps have a good start,
and they are indeed favourite to win this serie for sure. :)

LGR! :handclap:

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
We miss Zucc due to injury and a big loss for Rangers. And Caps have a good start,
and they are indeed favourite to win this serie for sure. :)

LGR! :handclap:

What?

Caps certainly are the under dogs in this series. I wouldn't even say the Caps played well. Lucky win. They will need to play a lot better if they want to win this series.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
You can feel pretty confident with 1-0 lead and Holtby in the god-mode. He's already in their heads enough for them to try and take him out. It took 5-6 guys in front of him and shot that deflected off of stick first and then the man in front of the net to beat him and that was an absolute fluke goal.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Wardo keeps getting alone time with Hen because Ovi was TRIPLED up on. Ovi still looked sick out there

Fixed that.

Triple teamed behind the net, no less. You almost have to laugh at the rangers and their fans, who blame Boil slumped over on the ice in the corner, after the hit by the evil one. Full credit for Ovi and his mere presence sending defenses scrambling with his every move.

But also full credit to Kuz for teaching Ovi that pass. Heck, our entire team that pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad