Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Rangers) 2015 Playoffs

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
We need to try something so off the wall with our next GDT. Just to break it.

Start it today, have nothing but pics and gifs, no lineup, no nothing. At least we can laugh and have fun, just in case we lose

Just to try a break the curse :cry:

Clearly no GDT is the way to go

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Kornheiser was talking about this supposed Caps "curse" last week, and he made a good point.

Curse would imply some freak play leading to series losses. That doesn't happen with this franchise. We don't lose key players because of injuries at the worst time. We lose because we choke.

Choking dogs is the appropriate term for this franchise as a whole.

mrwarden

Nothing Witty
Jan 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Right, and while they should have been able to overcome the no-goal call, that is just a butchered call that may very well be the difference. They win game 5 and the perception is totally different.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Looked it up because I don't know what else to do, and didn't want to waste the research. So I'm posting it here.

------------------

Won when up 3-1 (6 out of 10)
year | opponent | round | outcome
1990|Rangers|2|4-1
1994|Penguins|1|4-2
1998|Bruins|1|4-2
1998|Senators|2|4-1
1998|Sabres|3|4-2
2011|Rangers|1|4-1

Lost when up 3-1 (4 out of 10)
1987|Islanders|1|3-4
1992|Penguins|1|3-4
1995|Penguins|1|3-4
2010|Canadiens|1|3-4

------------------

Won when down 3-1 (2 out of 5)
1988|Flyers|1|4-3
2009|Rangers|1|4-3

Lost when down 3-1 (3 out of 5)
1991|Penguins|2|1-4
1994|Rangers|2|1-4
2008|Flyers|1|3-4

Last edited:

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm a Rangers fan, so it's really weird saying this about an opponent, but if the Caps take the Rangers out, I think I'm going to jump on the Caps bandwagon. Holtby has seriously impressed me. I think I was fairly dismissive about him before the series, not realizing what stellar numbers he really has in his career in the playoffs. I also would love to see Ovi get a cup at some point, and Backstrom too actually. Here's to a great game 7! :handclap:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I wish Nick would support Ovi more physically.

Nick may be ailing, but when he is not attempting counter hits in his cycle game, he is not bringing any physical play. Sure physical play is not his game, but he does it on occasion and in big games but its been largely absent this series.

No game is bigger than Wednesday night. His BFF and team captain just pushed all in guaranteeing a win. Join the fight!

This could be the greatest night of our lives...

#movietrivia

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
the refs screwed them on the no-goal

you can't help but wonder how much that feeds into the idea of being cursed

This has to stop.

We were up 1-0 and blew a lead with a minute to go. It should have never gotten to this point.

There are no scapegoats expect the Caps

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
You're pushing the choke angle as far as a fluke goal off of Orpik's skate now?

That's how hockey is played. In the scene of things, if we lose Game 7, you can't say "bad luck, refs cost us" cause we say that every year.

That doesn't make us move on to the next round.

We have to play better, simple as that.

Just beat the damn Rangers and get past the 2nd round for one time.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
That's how hockey is played. In the scene of things, if we lose Game 7, you can't say "bad luck, refs cost us" cause we say that every year.

That doesn't make us move on to the next round.

We have to play better, simple as that.

Just beat the damn Rangers and get past the 2nd round for one time.

Our offense sucks. That's the reason we lost. I wonder how many teams have won a 7 game series with 2, 1-0 wins. I'd bet very few.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Do the GDT now just because. And post nothing but cute puppies.

Try something different. Break this curse!

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
I'm a Rangers fan, so it's really weird saying this about an opponent, but if the Caps take the Rangers out, I think I'm going to jump on the Caps bandwagon. Holtby has seriously impressed me. I think I was fairly dismissive about him before the series, not realizing what stellar numbers he really has in his career in the playoffs. I also would love to see Ovi get a cup at some point, and Backstrom too actually. Here's to a great game 7! :handclap:

Thank you. Kreider and Lundqvist have been great, and thus very annoying :)

Good luck in Game 7.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for the kind words. I just hope the Refs don't try to make their mark on Game 7 and ruin the game for either team. Hoping for a good, competitive game with no controversy. :)

SkooterTrash

May 6, 2015
LasVegas
I really really hope Vegas gets a team. After 25years, I can't deal with the Caps disappointments anymore. Wednesday will be the deciding factor. (Of course I say this every year).

I really want them to take it, but I dunno if they're gonna pull it off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad