Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Rangers) 2015 Playoffs

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Whoever controls the play and gets the other side to play their game will win. Caps need to take away their speed and make the game more physical. Rangers need to attack with speed and shy away from this physical stuff because they are much smaller team and Caps have lethal PP.

I would guess this goes to 7 again and atleast 6 games out of those are won by the team that scores the first goal of the game.

^ From page 1.

1st part already right and so far 5 games have been won by the team that scores the first goal, and i'm sticking to my prediction that the Game 7 will be won by whichever team scores first too.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
^ From page 1.

1st part already right and so far 5 games have been won by the team that scores the first goal, and i'm sticking to my prediction that the Game 7 will be won by whichever team scores first too.
/high five!

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Lost in Time and Space
This series isn't over. Not even close. Caps are going to win this one. We are due. Believe.

I could see it going either way. Perhaps the Caps are just trying to toy with our emotions and win it the hard way? Could be.

Either way we're all in this together. Guys like GlenX, Brouwer, and MJ are being scrubs. But remember...they are OUR SCRUBS.

I'm feeling a Game 7 vibe vs the Bs in 2012.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I'll go ahead and point out that GlenX and Gleason was not enough ammo at the deadline, and like I foresaw, we're awfully close to Cup level so it's a major missed opportunity to go for it and get the monkey of this franchises back.

I will also add that if we lose Wednesday I'll think of it less of a choke and more just losing to a (slightly) better team.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Whoever does the GDT, can you include this in the OP ?

rmnb-holtbeast-tshirt.jpg

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
This has to stop.

We were up 1-0 and blew a lead with a minute to go. It should have never gotten to this point.

There are no scapegoats expect the Caps

Ffs. I've heard you saying "see you next year". What happened?

Why do we need any scapegoat? Rangers were the stronger team before the series, they were better for significant amount of time in each game and now we are waiting for G7.

It's not that bad. They're are better, their goalie is playing better and that could be the end for the series.

We need more offensive output but we don't have horses yet.

That's tough to swallow.

But maybe we will have some luck and win somehow. Holtby needs to match The King.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Ffs. I've heard you saying "see you next year". What happened?

Why do we need any scapegoat? Rangers were the stronger team before the series, they were better for significant amount of time in each game and now we are waiting for G7.

It's not that bad. They're are better, their goalie is playing better and that could be the end for the series.

We need more offensive output but we don't have horses yet.

That's tough to swallow.

But maybe we will have some luck and win somehow. Holtby needs to match The King.

See ya next year :laugh:

Really though, I think we will lose G7, just seen too much to think otherwise.

However, if we lose the series, it's not because of some "luck or fluke" we lost fair in square. No one tried to cheat us. Simple matter is if we lose, we lost as a team. That's all I'm saying

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I think he's doing what he can, just doesn't really have an extra gear. Needs some crazy pills :)

If I were Caps mgmt I'd consider sending Nick go anger management class, except the purpose would be to try and teach him to be more angry...

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Anyone who was counting on the PP being a factor after having watched the past 5 postseasons, well I don't know what to tell you.

You get fewer calls, you face better teams with better goaltenders and your opponents are less hesitant to step in front of a shot. Combine that with 2/5 of our PP being noted postseason disappearing acts and here we are.

The PP was never going to make a difference.

Exactly.

PP2 has looked a bit better, with Kuz & Bura less static, but it's not like it has set the world on fire, either.

Caps are gonna get like 2 PPs in Game 7. It's very unlikely that changing it up will have any effect.

They have vastly bigger concerns, like how can 1st line make an impact, transition game, icings, etc.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Screw this, we need pump and motivation. What better than a song created for the Swedish national hockey team.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe our PP would be best served by trying to score off the rush, as a change up to the VERY predictable gain the zone and then quick everyone get to their spots. Like instead of that predictable pass to Backstrom to try to get a pass to Ovi 30 seconds later, Nicky one times that very first pass.

Yeah yeah I know, if I knew the game I would be in it.

Stick Laich on PP1 over MJ, and have him crash the net as Nick or Ovi shoots and go for a screen. Or, of course he could walk out of the corner and do his stuffer, for old times sake.

Last edited:

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
hey CAPS.

How about we go out and try and WIN a game rather than avoid losing one?
Things that i think can make a difference.

Green as our #1 PP D-man
Wilson take a few shifts early on the top line to really get heavy on their D. Then let Kuzy have a few shifts there. Both teams have slowed, speed is key. Kuzy is still flying out there.
Latta > Glencross
Latta playing with Wilson after Wilsons occasional top line shifts gives them both energy. they are a tandem that gets in the opponents face when they play together.
Ovi - join the cycle bud. You dont need to protect the breakout when we have the puck in deep. Also, go for your moves! dont be afraid to hold the puck longer and skate with it on the entry.

Get back to the quickfire little passes that allow us to move up ice with speed. If you want to get calls, you have to get the D-men shifting and caught out of speed.

Seriously, PLAY TO WIN. DONT PLAY TO NOT LOSE. IM SICK OF THE CAPS PLAYING LIKE THAT!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad