Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
Just watched Sochi vs Severstal on KHL Prime. First full game I've watched with Michkov.....yeah he's fun to watch. Too bad we have no chance at Demidov...

That's managements fault. They are trying to rebuild on the fly, instead of sucking really bad for 3 years and getting as much high-end top talent as they can. Enough with the mid 80s point finishes, trade everyone, go with youngsters and just suck.

I'm sick of seeing a team like Chicago suck, get a bunch of high-end talent, win a bunch of Cups, then tear it down and suck again and get a bunch of high-end talent while the Flyers continue to mismanage their team. They got an absolute gift with Michkov, don't blow it and surround him with 50 point NHLers and 2nd pairing defensemen being forced to play top pairing minutes.

The fanbase has become apathetic to this team/organization, that's a bad place to be.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I only saw it in passing through on the way out to Calgary from Hamilton. Met a friend in town for dinner, but everyone has to see Big Nickel!
There's a picture somewhere at my mother's house of 10-year-old me next to my sister in front of the Big Nickel. We drove to Vancouver one summer and stopped at all of the major tourist traps.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I forgot that place existed! Wasn’t that on Long Lake Road near Southridge?

This thread should be renamed the Michkov/Sudbury thread 😂
Nah, Diamonds is downtown, in the same building as The Coulson/The Nightclub. If you watch Shoresey, the club scenes are filmed in there.

It's the only strip club left in Sudbury after Solid Gold shut down.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Nah, Diamonds is downtown, in the same building as The Coulson/The Nightclub. If you watch Shoresey, the club scenes are filmed in there.

It's the only strip club left in Sudbury after Solid Gold shut down.

The Coulson was for after you’d get kicked out of the Wolves’ Den. I heard it has cleaned up and Michkov might even want to drink there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad