Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Do you actually watch junior hockey????? Craig Button #1 Rated Prospect .... I trust my 40 yrs coaching and watching junior hockey and Button's over someone (you) I've never even read a post from..... #1 is arguable but he's definitely top 3-5 not sure what your smoking....
Clearly you don't watch junior hockey either. If you did, you'd notice Cutter wasn't on any junior hockey teams.

Congratulations, you played yourself

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think we can all agree, at this point, we would rather have Michkov and Cutter vs Michkov and Drysdale. You hav to really hope Drysdale takes a massive step forward. I don’t see it.
I mean I don't think that's the case yet. Yeah Drysdale didn't blow anyone away but Gauthier hasn't played an NHL game yet. He put up big numbers at BU with a pretty loaded team and I think it's obvious he'll be an NHL player but I don't think there's any guarantee he'll be a big time NHLer any more than Drysdale will be one.

Bigger concern I have is the injury issues wuth Drysdale.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I mean I don't think that's the case yet. Yeah Drysdale didn't blow anyone away but Gauthier hasn't played an NHL game yet. He put up big numbers at BU with a pretty loaded team and I think it's obvious he'll be an NHL player but I don't think there's any guarantee he'll be a big time NHLer any more than Drysdale will be one.

Bigger concern I have is the injury issues wuth Drysdale.

Cutter is at least going to be middle 6 and likely top 6 power forward. Could be a top line power forward which are very valuable these days. Drysdale is hurt again and likely not progressing like he should. Not looking good imo

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
dice-man-oh.gif

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Humpty Dumpty was such an asinine trade.

Would have been better moving Gauthier for a pick, but you can bet your ass they wanted an NHL ready return to appease a portion of the fanbase.

Jones openly said Murray was an important piece in targeting Drysdale.

Threw a #5 pick away. Briere needs to own that one very soon.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Humpty Dumpty was such an asinine trade.

Would have been better moving Gauthier for a pick, but you can bet your ass they wanted an NHL ready return to appease a portion of the fanbase.

Jones openly said Murray was an important piece in targeting Drysdale.

Threw a #5 pick away. Briere needs to own that one very soon.

Drysdale is still pretty young and clearly has some talent. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He's top 3 Michkov, Nemec and then Cutter.....But Button had him #1.... so is that a lie? Button and Wheeler are considered the 2 top amateur evaluators (they are the 2 that actually get paid big $ to express their opinions on prospects .... they may not be right as most aren't when guessing on prospects no matter the sport but they are valid i would think... Point of the original post is we had the best 1C prospect outside the NHL and now were desperately trying to find someone for that role....its rather unfortunate
lol going all in on Wheeler and Button is certainly a choice

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Drysdale is still pretty young and clearly has some talent. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

The injury history was a red line they never should have crossed. He wasn't healthy before, and basically the minute he made it to Philly.

Maybe he proves me wrong, but it's a foolish gamble to make imo.

So odd after they saw Patrick, Ellis, and Couturier first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad