Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Michkov said he has a good relationship with Rotenberg. Also he doesn't pay attention at the rumors about where he will play next season.
He just likes the rumors on instagram xD

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Does anyone remember Briere or Jones talking about how they communicate with Matvei with the app on the phone? Or am I completely making this up

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Does anyone remember Briere or Jones talking about how they communicate with Matvei with the app on the phone? Or am I completely making this up

There has at least been some contact between the two parties during the season. Flyers director of player development Riley Armstrong relayed in November a humorous anecdote about utilizing Google translate for texting with Michkov.

“It’s actually quite comical, because I know my English, when I switch it into Russian, isn’t what I’m saying,” Armstrong told The Athletic. “He’s probably thinking, ‘What is this guy saying?’ Then on the flip side, (his text) comes to me and it’s like broken English, too. So you’re trying to piece that together. I always have a good chuckle about it. I think it’s really cool just being in contact with him, just making sure that he’s doing OK.”

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Ignoring the song choice, either Matvei has indeed been bulking up (looks to be pushing 175-180 here) or the guy beside him weighs like 110 lbs.
IMG_7216.png

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Good question.

First I think Atkinson is a goner one way or another. Probably through buyout, as I doubt he has any trade value. That would mean a $2.36 cap hit this season (cap gain of $3.52M) and $1.75M next year (cap loss of $1.75M because his contract would be done if not for the buyout).

So if they buy him out, that gives the team about $4M in cap space ($3.52M from the buyout, and the current $500K of space).

Ellis and Johansen together take up $10.25M.

Assuming Johansen is headed for LTIR at some point, that leaves 11 forwards under contract. If you add Michkov, there's your 12, and he will only count about $985K on the cap.

I feel like they will acquire at least one forward in the summer and move one or more out.

Right now there's 5 defensemen under contract (Sanheim, York, Drysdale, Seeler, Risto), and one RFA in Zamula. If they re-sign him, there's your starting 6 barring a move on defense.

Goaltending is set.

So, I honestly don't know how different the lineup will be given what they have signed. That will require moves, and perhaps Farabee is the asset they use to acquire a C?
Wait til we trade selke nominee cates :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec

There has at least been some contact between the two parties during the season. Flyers director of player development Riley Armstrong relayed in November a humorous anecdote about utilizing Google translate for texting with Michkov.

“It’s actually quite comical, because I know my English, when I switch it into Russian, isn’t what I’m saying,” Armstrong told The Athletic. “He’s probably thinking, ‘What is this guy saying?’ Then on the flip side, (his text) comes to me and it’s like broken English, too. So you’re trying to piece that together. I always have a good chuckle about it. I think it’s really cool just being in contact with him, just making sure that he’s doing OK.”
Millionnaires not even buying ChatGPT Plus for decent translation for 20 dollars lmao

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I'd be shocked if Cutter turns out to be a true 1C with his lack of hockey IQ, while I think we didn't get fair value Cutter isn't as great as you think if this is your vaulation.
WJC MVP, Hobey Baker Finalist, #1 rated prospect outside of the NHL... Speed, Big Body, Great hard shot....Hate the kids bs attitude but the kid is a legit top 6 player.....He's exactly what we need lol....

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
WJC MVP, Hobey Baker Finalist, #1 rated prospect outside of the NHL... Speed, Big Body, Great hard shot....Hate the kids bs attitude but the kid is a legit top 6 player.....He's exactly what we need lol....

Did you really just type that Cutter is the #1 prospect? Are you going off some morons list or is this your concoction? He is a good prospect but there are legitimate questions to his game translating.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Did you really just type that Cutter is the #1 prospect? Are you going off some morons list or is this your concoction? He is a good prospect but there are legitimate questions to his game translating.
Do you actually watch junior hockey????? Craig Button #1 Rated Prospect .... I trust my 40 yrs coaching and watching junior hockey and Button's over someone (you) I've never even read a post from..... #1 is arguable but he's definitely top 3-5 not sure what your smoking....

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Do you actually watch junior hockey????? Craig Button #1 Rated Prospect .... I trust my 40 yrs coaching and watching junior hockey and Button's over someone (you) I've never even read a post from..... #1 is arguable but he's definitely top 3-5 not sure what your smoking....
Cutter is a better prospect than Michkov? I think not

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019

Do I watch jr hockey.... the guy played in college !! Button..... ? Seriously? Nice back peddle to 3-5 which is still a stretch.

Clearly you have not been in the Puppy thread. That is where I earn my $

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I remember when he went on TV and basically practically begged anyone to draft Zach Fucale and Brandon Gormley.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
He played in the NCAA, dweeb
Dweeb???? What r u 10! Its called the World Junior Hockey Championships .... Hobey Baker is an award for the best NCAA Male Hockey Player you should probably know that if you watch NCAA.... just saying? or did you not read the post that initiated this back and forth dweeb!

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Cutter is a better prospect than Michkov? I think not
I would hope not either but the reality is Button had him #1 and Wheeler had him #5... Those are literally two of the best at rating prospects.... I think the kid is a jerk but what he has.... is what we need and its a shame DB gave up on him and especially for the return he got for him.... Most posting on here were loving how well he played at WJC and at BC this year before he got traded... we can all agree that the kid is a douche, but the kid has done nothing but prove that he's one of the best prospects in the game.... hope he fails tbh but for those to act like the kid is not that good is bs....

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Do I watch jr hockey.... the guy played in college !! Button..... ? Seriously? Nice back peddle to 3-5 which is still a stretch.

Clearly you have not been in the Puppy thread. That is where I earn my $
He's top 3 Michkov, Nemec and then Cutter.....But Button had him #1.... so is that a lie? Button and Wheeler are considered the 2 top amateur evaluators (they are the 2 that actually get paid big $ to express their opinions on prospects .... they may not be right as most aren't when guessing on prospects no matter the sport but they are valid i would think... Point of the original post is we had the best 1C prospect outside the NHL and now were desperately trying to find someone for that role....its rather unfortunate

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I think we can all agree, at this point, we would rather have Michkov and Cutter vs Michkov and Drysdale. You hav to really hope Drysdale takes a massive step forward. I don’t see it.

Yeah this is fair.

I actually think Drysdale is gonna be better than he was this year, but I don't see #1 dman anywhere. Cutter may be a 40G scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad