Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
You're right. Savoie is going to be competing with the likes of Girgs/Okposo or whoever their replacements are for a shut down/Defensive role...

:eyeroll:
i could see Savoie w tage and cozens..
i see quinn w Greenway and krebs
mitts w tuch and skinner
peterka w ok and girgs
oloffson jost and kulich and rousek rotating in
d adds Johnson..

huglen finishes his comeback w the amerks after a taste at camp w 5 Russians 3f,plus michov and two D ( novikov , neuchev, w Rosen and ostlund added in that mix of camp.

Depth and serious competition out of camp . for 82 games plus. w a possible trade after camp or free agent D add in the off-season.

KA completes the rebuild.

Last edited:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Sunday morning musings:

1. Levi and UPL split the net next year. Move Comrie out and keep Suban plus another borderline NHL tender in Roch.
2. Upgrade Jost and Okposo, resign Girgensons. One spot for a prospect, one spot for a bottom 6 center. Jost could stick around as a 13th forward. Move on fro Olofsson: they do not need the goals. Call up space for Kulich, Savioe, Rosan, maybe Biro.
3. Top 4 D to play with either Power or Samuelsson. Bryson and Clague out, Stillman/Joker/Lybouchkin as the 5-7.

They would be a team that could not only confidently make the playoffs, but maybe win a round.

Reactions: HOOats

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Okay, see you in 5 months. I insist that your confidence that Savoie has a 0% chance to make the roster is completely unfounded, however.
I didn't say that he had zero chance. I said he had a very small chance given the logjam / the quality of players he'd need to beat out.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Levi will have nothing blocking him from being our starter next season. Nothing. I personally would sign Adin Hill for 3 seasons, but it aint happening. It's his net unless he falters.
Kulich and Savoie...don't discount the extra slide year as being the determining factor for them not on the roster next season. It has been mentioned before...the timing with Skinner deal makes it perfect. Mitts/Krebs/Peterka will each be top-9 and Savoie/Kulich don't need to be playing 12 minutes a night without special teams next year. Quinn/Peterka have 3 full ELC years on the roster after two slide years and thats the way to go.
The smart play this offseason is the 23 1st or Rosen on the table for a Power partner. I'd love to add Crouse but don't want to get TimMurray-EvanderKane about it. Arizona would be poorly served to trade Crouse as he is the ideal forward to play with Crouse or a center they select this draft.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
This has been posted on a bunch so I won't go to deep into it, but we have absolutely learned this year that we waited way to long to give up on Mitts at center and just have him play wing. The problem for Mitts is the mental processing speed portion of what goes into the trait of athletic quickness. In the middle, he has too much going on and to many responsibilities to process. It slows him down and so he ends up being a step behind the play, or he stops thinking and just goes for it, and his linemates can't read him. On the wing his role and responsibilities are much better smaller subset and easier to define, that speeds him up to an NHL quickness level and lets him just play.

DO NOT take him back to center for anything more than an injury fill in.
Just stop with the pseudo -science nonsense that somehow Mitts is mentally incapable of playing center.

You pulled this same crap with Dahlin before he broke out. It was along the lines of him not having the “first step quickness“ to get up to full speed fast enough. So he wouldn’t be able to grow into an elite dman like Makar. Then you took us down a rabbit hole of sports science terms to defend your position.

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20230409_093451_Instagram.jpg

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Sunday morning musings:

1. Levi and UPL split the net next year. Move Comrie out and keep Suban plus another borderline NHL tender in Roch.
2. Upgrade Jost and Okposo, resign Girgensons. One spot for a prospect, one spot for a bottom 6 center. Jost could stick around as a 13th forward. Move on fro Olofsson: they do not need the goals. Call up space for Kulich, Savioe, Rosan, maybe Biro.
3. Top 4 D to play with either Power or Samuelsson. Bryson and Clague out, Stillman/Joker/Lybouchkin as the 5-7.

They would be a team that could not only confidently make the playoffs, but maybe win a round.
I think Rousek gets the nod before Biro and Rosen

Reactions: Dingo44

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Not sure if it’s been talked about much but how do people feel about a competitive offer for Severson as a UFA?

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Right now I’m on the same page with a lot of the thoughts here. My biggest struggle is jamming in all the forwards which you can file under good problems.

Priorities in no particular order.

1. Swap Jokiharju for a more snarly, stay at home profile that can still handle the minutes with Power. I don’t hate Joker but he’s neither one thing or the other and has too much of a bozo streak to play as much as Power does at even strength. Also think we need someone better at defending the crease now with how aggressive Levi is.

2. Find Tuch - lite. We need a different profile in the forwards. One of our biggest issues is we have no plan B when our transition/zone entry game is being taken away. It’s why I was such a proponent of getting Meier. We don’t need a wholesale change but I think one more player capable of recovering pucks, scoring via volume vs grade a chances, and making zone entries more difficult on defense would go a long way. Also as demonstrated this season we cannot cope without Tuch right now.

3. Legitimate goaltender. Saros is the dream.

Overall I do not think our defenders are the primary issue driving our poor defensive metrics. The biggest driver of that is the lackluster defending by our top two centers. I don’t need them to be Bergeron but it should be their number one focus this off-season. Cozens rep as a future Selke winner does not at all add up to what’s happening on the ice right now. For me improvement in this area is the biggest key to making strides outside of the goalie.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I like that Granato has put Tage and Greenway together. The size and athleticism creates really interesting mismatches. Any other underrated giants we can target to play with them?

Reactions: Krieger Bot

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
i could see Savoie w tage and cozens..
i see quinn w Greenway and krebs
mitts w tuch and skinner
peterka w ok and girgs
oloffson jost and kulich and rousek rotating in
d adds Johnson..

huglen finishes his comeback w the amerks after a taste at camp w 5 Russians 3f,plus michov and two D ( novikov , neuchev, w Rosen and ostlund added in that mix of camp.

Depth and serious competition out of camp . for 82 games plus. w a possible trade after camp or free agent D add in the off-season.

KA completes the rebuild.
The forward ranks will definitely be warming up in October

Is that photoshopped? Please tell me no

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I like that Granato has put Tage and Greenway together. The size and athleticism creates really interesting mismatches. Any other underrated giants we can target to play with them?

Rated exactly as they are: Helenius with Ontario, Soderblom with Detroit, Douglas with Tucson, Dolzhenkov with Columbus technically but somewhere in Russia.

And Windsor has a 6’8 Dman available to be drafted this year, who we can convert to forward!

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Okay, see you in 5 months. I insist that your confidence that Savoie has a 0% chance to make the roster is completely unfounded, however.
If Savoie plays well in camp and doesn't get at least twenty games in the NHL (some of which will be healthy scratches), it will be a detriment to his development. Making teenagers look silly isn't going to help him. Send him back to Winnipeg after Thanksgiving if hasn't become a consistent contributor by then.

Unless Kulich beats out a current roster vet in camp, he should be the first called from Rochester in case of damage.

And I don't have much of an idea what to do with Rousek and Rosen. Rousek in particular seems to have earned some kind of opportunity. Rosen can hit the weight room for another year, unless he makes a crazy jump.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Does Comrie have value?
How about Olofsson+ for Garland? Maybe see if Vancouver will retain for the plus? Garland at 4 million wouldn't be a bad add for the 3rd line. I think he game would fit in well with the sabres too bad his contract sucks
I like Mayfield as a free agent.

Slim pickens for defense on the open market.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Rosen needs another year in Rochester. He’s overshadowed by Kulich’s year but he’s put a lot together down there already.

Kulich can play in the NHL next year but he would benefit much more by staying in the AHL and being put in more big minute situations there.

Savoie is a better player than both and people who dismiss him because he isnt allowed to play pro hockey outside of the NHL have lost total sight of that. If he comes to camp healthy he’s going to make the team. He is a different class of prospect than those two and it’s amazing that this has just been forgotten or ignored.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Rosen needs another year in Rochester. He’s overshadowed by Kulich’s year but he’s put a lot together down there already.

Kulich can play in the NHL next year but he would benefit much more by staying in the AHL and being put in more big minute situations there.

Savoie is a better player than both and people who dismiss him because he isnt allowed to play pro hockey outside of the NHL have lost total sight of that. If he comes to camp healthy he’s going to make the team. He is a different class of prospect than those two and it’s amazing that this has just been forgotten or ignored.
Savoie strictly because of the CHL only rules will have him get one of the F spots next year…

what I’d do next year……

Skinner-Mitts- Tuch
Greenway-Tage-Quinn/xxx
Cozens-Krebs-Quinn/xxx
Girgs-Savoie-JPP
Jost xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad