Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Garland has 3 more seasons at 5 million dollars per. It would be irresponsible to add that to our cap...for 20 goals a year? Quinn will score 20 next season for 1.5 million.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I don’t think you include Quinn or Peterka in any trade. Those aren’t futures. Those are high-end players developing and playing right now. They are going through some growing pains but that was inevitable, they will get going again and be stronger contributors next year. They should be off the table

Any futures package for Meier can be based around our number one prospect pool. I’m sure SJ wants a first. I think our first would obviously be much more appealing than any other team interested. And then I’m sure it would take one of our blue chip forward prospects: Rosen/savoie/kulich/ostlund. I hate trading any of them, but a player like Meier is who you trade one of them for if you have to.

I have a tough time imagining another team beating a package headlined with our 1st + one of Rosen/savoie/kulich/ostlund. Our middle of the road 1st (in this draft) is very very valuable. SJ needs center prospects. I think Ostlund + 2023 1st + one of our plenty of B level prospects would get it done. I bet KA balks af Savoie being included on top of our first

And any trade is contingent on Meier signing a reasonable deal. Him under 8.5 AAV would be nice. Anything above that….doesn’t really fit in with the team building and KA’s philosophy.

If you can get that aav, and use a 1st and ostlund (losing those two assets REALLY stings) as the two main pieces, I make that deal

Last edited:

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Quinn is Cozens level untouchable for me. Peterka I could be convinced to move but it'd have to be for a player I *really* like and not much else included in the package.
This is where the war chest comes in.

We could and should make additions, without having the touch the key components of the roster.

1674822308019.png

It's crazy how stocked this is, and lists no asset currently on the roster.

==========

1st-2023(top 3 protection)
2nd-2023 (PHI's)
Prokhor Poltapov
Erik Portillo

for

Timo Meier

let's do it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

We could and should make additions, without having the touch the key components of the roster.

View attachment 642408

==========

2nd-2023 (PHI's)
Prokhor Poltapov
Erik Portillo

for

Timo Meier

let's do it.

The excel is out! :D Good stuff.

I'm more of a mind that the 2023 pick in the teens (say 12-17) has more appeal to me than some of the former first round picks. But the same thing that would move value in trade would also make it harder to part with someone off the non-roster list, even with the Rochester guys.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I don’t think you include Quinn or Peterka in any trade. Those aren’t futures. Those are high-end players developing and playing right now. They are going through some growing pains but that was inevitable, they will get going again and be stronger contributors next year. They should be off the table

Any futures package for Meier can be based around our number one prospect pool. I’m sure SJ wants a first. I think our first would obviously be much more appealing than any other team interested. And then I’m sure it would take one of our blue chip forward prospects: Rosen/savoie/kulich/ostlund. I hate trading any of them, but a player like Meier is who you trade one of them for if you have to.

I have a tough time imagining another team beating a package headlined with our 1st + one of Rosen/savoie/kulich/ostlund. Our middle of the road 1st (in this draft) is very very valuable. SJ needs center prospects. I think Ostlund + 2023 1st + one of our plenty of B level prospects would get it done. I bet KA balks af Savoie being included on top of our first

And any trade is contingent on Meier signing a reasonable deal. Him under 8.5 AAV would be nice. Anything above that….doesn’t really fit in with the team building and KA’s philosophy.

If you can get that aav, and use a 1st and ostlund (losing those two assets REALLY stings) as the two main pieces, I make that deal

You sure do if you can improve the team.

There are no untouchables

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

View attachment 642408

==========

2nd-2023 (PHI's)
Prokhor Poltapov
Erik Portillo

for

Timo Meier

let's do it.

If the Devils make a bigger splash, there’s a specific area in mind.

“If it’s possible, I’d like to add a top-six winger,” Fitzgerald said candidly. “And I’d like to be able to control the player (past this season) and grow. I’d be willing to give up assets to do that, and I’ve got to know, ‘What does that look like?’”

After listening to a few podcasts over the last 18 hours, I am warming up to the Meier idea.

The wildcard to me are the Devils and if they are the team that the Sabres are bidding against.

If NJ is willing to put 1st+Holtz in the deal. That mike require the Sabres to put Quinn or Peterka in the deal to top what NJ is offering up. And that is where it becomes tough for me.

It's easy for me to put the '23 1st with no protection in the deal. Don't come at me about protections on the pick. You make a Meier trade assuming this team is a playoff team and you are making a push. If there is that much confidence to make a deal, there should be enough confidence to not worry about protections on the pick and hurt the trade value of the pick.

I have no problem even putting 2 of the 3 '23 2nds in the deal.

When it comes to young players, I don't want to move Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Krebs, Samuelsson, Power, or any of the notable young Sabres.

Then you get into the recent 1st round guys in Rosen, Savoie, Ostlund, and Kulich. I do not like the idea of adding any of them in the deal. But, I could see the Sharks wanting Ostlund or Rosen in the deal.

The other two factors to me are what does the room think of an outsider being the highest paid guy in 23-24 and what kind of contract would Meier agree to. If Meier will only sign for 8x10M or Adams talks to Okposo, Dahlin, ZG, and the other leaders on the team and they nix it, then I wouldn't do it.

If the players give it the thumbs up, Meier will sign for 5 yrs at less than $10M per, and your proposed package ('23 1st, '23 2nd, and two non-elite prospects) is a no-brainer for me.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
[ . . . ]And any trade is contingent on Meier signing a reasonable deal. Him under 8.5 AAV would be nice. Anything above that….doesn’t really fit in with the team building and KA’s philosophy.

If you can get them on board with the idea of "we compete on the ice and not at the bank", you can assemble a high-character, talent-rich team that will contend for a decade.

Using Tage as an example, even if he winds up earning less than the market rate by $20M (!!!) over the length of his contract, he's still effing rich!

High-character means that you understand that you are being paid a lot of money to be an entertainer and that you put it into perspective with how most people live their lives. Tage's behavior seems to show a sense of gratitude and humility consistent with that.

There are a lot of talented young hockey players -- dare I say GOOD people -- like that. Those are the ones Kevyn wants.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

After listening to a few podcasts over the last 18 hours, I am warming up to the Meier idea.

The wildcard to me are the Devils and if they are the team that the Sabres are bidding against.

If NJ is willing to put 1st+Holtz in the deal. That mike require the Sabres to put Quinn or Peterka in the deal to top what NJ is offering up. And that is where it becomes tough for me.

It's easy for me to put the '23 1st with no protection in the deal. Don't come at me about protections on the pick. You make a Meier trade assuming this team is a playoff team and you are making a push. If there is that much confidence to make a deal, there should be enough confidence to not worry about protections on the pick and hurt the trade value of the pick.

I have no problem even putting 2 of the 3 '23 2nds in the deal.

When it comes to young players, I don't want to move Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Krebs, Samuelsson, Power, or any of the notable young Sabres.

Then you get into the recent 1st round guys in Rosen, Savoie, Ostlund, and Kulich. I do not like the idea of adding any of them in the deal. But, I could see the Sharks wanting Ostlund or Rosen in the deal.

The other two factors to me are what does the room think of an outsider being the highest paid guy in 23-24 and what kind of contract would Meier agree to. If Meier will only sign for 8x10M or Adams talks to Okposo, Dahlin, ZG, and the other leaders on the team and they nix it, then I wouldn't do it.

If the players give it the thumbs up, Meier will sign for 5 yrs at less than $10M per, and your proposed package ('23 1st, '23 2nd, and two non-elite prospects) is a no-brainer for me.
Am I missing something with Holtz aside from his draft pedigree? He doesn't look nearly as valuable as Quinn or Peterka.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad