Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Stanley Cup Champion Jack Johnson is just one of those nhl phrases that sound wrong, like Los Angeles King Jarome Iginla

Reactions: joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I was wondering if the Fitz waiver thing had a ripple effect. Sounds like the captain is saying it did and they need to suck it up.
I remember Sammy talking about Fitz being his good buddy and it sucked having him leave.

Part of having a young team is getting used to a lot of things. Losing good friends to the business side is one more thing to adapt to.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Okposo has been an underrated leader. Always plays right, always says the right thing, never loses his cool. Even through all this shit of the last couple years.
I sign him to a two year extension and he stays Captain for two more years. I give Tuch an "A" next year. Then Okposo becomes a UFA the same day Tuch begins his last year and is eligible for an extension. In my mind Tuch has been the hardest working most consistent forward during this recent slump, even while his linemates are dragging. Thats Captain material. So you give him the "C" and an extension when Okposo goes.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Cooland all, but Dahlin gets the C.
I don't see it. Just being a top notch player doesn't make you a Captain. Cozens is more likely to get there than Dahlin in my opinion. Either way, I have always preferred a more experienced veteran.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

It's been that kind of malaise. When "Gustav Nyquist might be traded" is the hottest rumor, you know the market's in stasis.

"It's not surprising really. We've got like six weeks to go. A lot of things can happen, whether it's in the standings or injuries," one general manager told me recently, when I asked for his trade deadline vibes.

"Do I think something will happen at the deadline? Always does," another said, laughing.

"Every year we get asked this question. And I always think it'll be busy. It's slow going up to it, and then all of a sudden, boom!" another GM said.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don't see it. Just being a top notch player doesn't make you a Captain. Cozens is more likely to get there than Dahlin in my opinion. Either way, I have always preferred a more experienced veteran.
weve seen many stories of how Dahlin works with people in camp and challenges them to ramp up in practice. you pick Cozens because?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Not a ton. I talked to Nashville fans and they thought Olofsson with 50% retained and Fitzgerald for Fabbro and Jankowski was fair. And that was before Olofsson started scoring again.

A 2nd would probably do it.

The outside-looking-in view shows that he's a 3rd pairing D. I don't think he's a 3rd paring D. Neither to many of the Preds fans. Fabbro was with Josi last and played well. Hynes hasn't played him there since.

Some Preds fans think Hynes and Poille are looking specifically for bigger and more physical players. Fabbro is very good defensively but isn't going to pound forwards into the ice.

I think it's a case of buying low.

nashville is my second team. Not moving Olofsson for Fabbro At no retrntion. The other issue is you have Dahlin, Joki, and Lyub on right side. I don’t see Fabbro better than those 2 you think he will supplant
Given his cap hit and the full NMC, I would expect the return for Toews (and PKane) to not be all that great.

Toews is much worse than Kane. Kane if healthy can up his game in playoffs. The issue on giving up a 1st is the playoffs is very competitive so teams aren’t moving a 1st.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Avs fan here, I'm personally curious would you trade Cozens for Byram? Then use some of your cap space to go after Horvat?

Byram/Dahlin/Power/samuelsson as a top 4.
Tage/Bo as your 1-2C

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Avs fan here, I'm personally curious would you trade Cozens for Byram? Then use some of your cap space to go after Horvat?

Tage/Bo as your 1-2C

Would rather keep Cozens right now. He keeps growing and is starting to give them a dynamite 1-2 with Thompson. That's nothing against Byram, just not a fit.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Cant wait to return the same team next year.

Poor Granato when it doesn’t work and blame has to go to the wrong person

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Tage/Bo as your 1-2C

I think Cozens is one of the more untouchable pieces on the team for a bunch of reasons. He wouldn’t be on the table for a hockey trade, it would have to be a silly unrealistic overpayment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad