WC: Roster Talk '12 — Sweden

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
When is the final team Sweden announced for the first game of the WC? Finland's team will be announced tonight, so wondering if your's is today as well or is it after the USA game?

Probably after the USA game. Alfredsson gives his decision today and Karlsson tomorrow, then Lundqvist and Hagelin / Bäckström and Johansson might be added later.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I was just wondering, everyone's listing players that will most likely survive the cut, but there was no mention of Landeskog. Thanks for clearing that up.

As an outsider I liked Jarnkrok and Larsson the best out of the players that played all games. Hedman looked shaky, it seems he's struggling to adjust to the bigger ice surface.

I don't think you are allowed to cut NHL players once they are invited unless it is specifically specified they are on a try out. Only Omark is a try out of the Swedish NHL players.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Sixth straight loss for the Swedish national team.

Then again, ten players will be cut from this team to the one playing the first game in the WC....12 if Alfie and Karlsson decide to join.

Even with all these much better players joining the team, it can still end up a disaster - we all know what happened against Belarus....and our goalies aren't top notch either.

A back-up in the NHL as our starter...or is perhaps Fasth the starting goalie?

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Yeah, looking forward to see the cleanup of those who didn't preform.

Then again, there's plenty of skill from the NHL waiting to clean up what this Swedish national team just did.

Embarrassing.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Sixth straight loss for the Swedish national team.

Then again, ten players will be cut from this team to the one playing the first game in the WC....12 if Alfie and Karlsson decide to join.

Even with all these much better players joining the team, it can still end up a disaster - we all know what happened against Belarus....and our goalies aren't top notch either.

A back-up in the NHL as our starter...or is perhaps Fasth the starting goalie?

It's not just the number of players we're replacing either, it's also what we're replacing them with. Almost a whole top9 on F and top4 on D is coming.

Makes me have a hard time taking this team seriously even if I would've liked to see them be much better.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Nobody talks about Samuelsson, but I hope he accepts, he can play miles better than some of the guys we have on the team in this tournament. I have never seen Sweden play this badly under Per MÃ¥rts. When we lost games last season (like the final,and the Norway-game) the players at least had some heart, skated and looked like they where trying. I can accept a loss if the players at least give it what they got, but in this tournament almost everyone looked lost out there on the ice, and on top of that made loads of stupid misstakes and didn't work hard.

Hopefully this is the last we see of Daniel Fernhom in a "Tre Kronor" jersey, he do have some qualities, but his flaws and his uneven play makes him unworthy of ever playing for the National team again.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Hm okay, so the Detroit guys are not playing against the U.S. Any word on the Chicago trio?

Guess most of the cuts will be made Tuesday night or Wednesday then.

edit: nvm, Only the Detroit players that won't play.

Last edited:

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
I really hope that MÃ¥rts dare to cut a player like Niklas Persson how is pretty much always sure to have a spot in the WCs no matter how bad he plays.

It would be easier to make a list of who I want to keep but this is what I think:

Players that is nowhere near the WC-roster:

Daniel Fernholm
Jonas Ahnelöv
Mattias Karlsson

Niklas Persson
Patrick Zackridsson
Patrik Lundh

Players that could have a chance but shouldn't get a spot unless there's no better option:

Mattias Ekholm
Jonas Frögren

Daniel BÃ¥ng
Johan Harju
Johan Larsson
Jesper Fasth

The players that I didn't have listed here are players I'd like to see on the WC-squad.

From these last few games there aren't that many that have impressed enough to get to go to the WC, I think Olausson have earned a spot and I'm a big fan of Brodin so I hope he gets to go instead of some of the more well-known players that often gets picked. Though, I doubt that either of them gets to go, maybe Brodin if he is lucky.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
^ Could agree on Olausson as 13th forward.. But, do you really want Omark or did you just forget him?

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
^ Could agree on Olausson as 13th forward.. But, do you really want Omark or did you just forget him?

I was going to put him in the second group but I'm a bit of a homer so I'd like to see what he can do but I wouldn't really be surprised/disappointed if he didn't get a spot either.

Olausson as 13th forward would be very fair, I really hope MÃ¥rts thinks so too.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Johan Harju, Jonas Andersson and Linus Omark also cut according to Expressen. (Updated info on the same link that Charlamov71 posted earlier).

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Linus Omark also cut according to Expressen.

Now petrell has a team mate to drink with, hes out too. Before the game it was on the newspaper how it would be fun to play against team-mate.. Sad their both tourney ended before it started.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Hm, okay. I disagree with MÃ¥rts saying that those guys are supposed to play scoring roles though. Especially Lundh and Andersson I don't see as scorers only.

However, I can't say I disagree with the cuts.

Larsson, Järnkrok, Lundqvist, Pettersson, Persson, Zackrisson, Olausson, Fasth, Bång are left. They will form the forward lines with Landeskog, Stålberg, Krüger, Eriksson and Silfverberg on Tuesday. D will be the same, minus Karlsson plus Hjalmarsson. I guess they kept 14 forwards for now since Landeskog is questionable for that game.

Eriksson-Krüger-Stålberg
Silfverberg-Järnkrok-Landeskog
Larsson-Lundqvist-Pettersson
Persson-Olausson-Zackrisson
Fasth, BÃ¥ng

Hedman-Hjalmarsson
Kronwall-Ekholm
Brodin-Frögren
Fernholm-Ahnelöv

Last edited:

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
I´m fine with anything as long as Pettersson, Lundqvist and Järnkrok make the team. I would probably have kept Andersson for the USA game and cut one of Zachrisson and Bång instead.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Wow, even Alfredsson goes to the WC. Talk about Henrik Sedin looking even more ******. Hope you get plenty of rest. You sure do deserve it. You play so much!

GO ALFIE!:yo:

btw, the Canucks let Burrows go :)

Last edited:

leksig

Sep 22, 2008
Sweden
Franzén-Zetterberg-Stålberg
Eriksson-Kruger-Alfredsson (Alfie and Eriksson played great together in olympics)
Landeskog-Järnkrok-Silfverberg
Larsson-Lundgvist-Pettersson

I'm so pumped up right now!:yo:

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Fantastic with Alfredsson in the team! Really hope that we can win it for him so he gets his WC-gold. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad