WC: Roster Talk '12 — Sweden

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
With the tournament being played in Sweden, I'd be very surprised if Karlsson isn't playing. It'll get solved.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
They do have a policy but they do also have a limit (moneywise). The General Manager of Team Sweden received the question: "Do the Swedish icehockey federation have the money to insure Erik Karlsson?". They replied: - We don't know yet. But we must of course draw a line if its too expensive. Harshly translated.

They also state in the article that since Erik Karlsson is out of a contract the insurance company has to value his cost/risks. It could turn out to be expensive.

Considering the scam prices the Swedish hockey federation is charging for tickets, 1500 SEK is the cost of the cheapest ticket to the Sweden-Russia game right now surely the least they can do for the Swedish hockey fans is to pay the money needed to insure Karlsson.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Considering the scam prices the Swedish hockey federation is charging for tickets, 1500 SEK is the cost of the cheapest ticket to the Sweden-Russia game right now surely the least they can do for the Swedish hockey fans is to pay the money needed to insure Karlsson.

Yeah, because the cheapest tickets usually sellout last:sarcasm:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I'm cheering for Sweden and hope you guys win gold with Alfie, EK and Silfver!

I hope classic Finale Finland - Sweden for home tournament. Silverberg and others should be happy coming 2nd on the tournament. :)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty bad. Even guys like Andersson and Persson that usually at least brings something to the table look completely out of sorts. But yeah, the good news is that only Jarnkrok, Larsson, Lundqvist and Pettersson need a spot while the rest of the offense figures itself out.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Pretty bad. Even guys like Andersson and Persson that usually at least brings something to the table look completely out of sorts. But yeah, the good news is that only Jarnkrok, Larsson, Lundqvist and Pettersson need a spot while the rest of the offense figures itself out.

Larsson has been pale imo.

I found info on the roster question I asked earlier. 22 people in hockey outfits are allowed. We start with 2+7+11 for a few games leaving two spots open:

Eriksson - Zetterberg - Franzén
Silfverberg - Järnkrok - Landeskog
Larsson - Krüger - Stålberg
Persson - Lundqvist - Pettersson

Kronwall - Ericsson
Hedman - Hjalmarsson
Ekholm - Kronwall

Fasth
Enroth

Last edited:

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005

I loved this guy, played pretty good game. I just wonder if Red Wings will get him after next season, when his contract expires? Anyway great pick by Detroit again.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Sweden has been every teams whipping boy leading up to the WHC. A lot of players has to be thrown out, unfortunately it won't be enough players that will become replace by the NHL´ers. I wouldn't get my hopes up for this team.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Sweden has been every teams whipping boy leading up to the WHC. A lot of players has to be thrown out, unfortunately it won't be enough players that will become replace by the NHL´ers. I wouldn't get my hopes up for this team.

We are basically replacing the top 9 forwards with NHL players and adding 3 or 4 defencemen, I would say thats an entirely different team. The current team is not very good, not even our most skilled european guys are on it.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Yeah, I wouldn't make too many conclusion based on the team that played yesterday, only a handful of them will be playing in the big tournament.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Larsson has been pale imo.

I found info on the roster question I asked earlier. 22 people in hockey outfits are allowed. We start with 2+7+11 for a few games leaving two spots open:

Eriksson - Zetterberg - Franzén
Silfverberg - Järnkrok - Landeskog
Larsson - Krüger - Stålberg
Persson - Lundqvist - Pettersson

Kronwall - Ericsson
Hedman - Hjalmarsson
Ekholm - Kronwall

Fasth
Enroth

Why do you want Persson? Guy like Zackrisson is much better.

leksig

Sep 22, 2008
Sweden
Haha kinda funny that Burrows is going to play in the worlds. The Vancouver management have changed their minds I see. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad