Speculation: Roster Speculation: Part XVI (Off-Season Madness)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

signalIInoise

killed by signal 2
Feb 25, 2005
Latveria
In no way do I advocate letting an offersheet take Risto away, but ... 4 1sts from Edmonton is a damned powerful package. In anyone's hands *except* Edmonton, those four picks could stock an entire franchise. That's sure to be four top-three picks.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
We get pushed around like crazy on our left side and now we want to ensure if Risto is not on the ice that will happen on the other wing too?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
In no way do I advocate letting an offersheet take Risto away, but ... 4 1sts from Edmonton is a damned powerful package. In anyone's hands *except* Edmonton, those four picks could stock an entire franchise. That's sure to be four top-three picks.

Nonsense. If Risto turns into what we think he can, then that'd go a long way towards sorting out Edmonton's problems. Combine that with moving some of their forwards in trade, and Murray's updating his resume.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If I were an expansion GM, I'd take McCabe or Pysyk over Moulson + filler.

Calling it "filler" isn't accurate. An expansion team needs to build the entire organization in depth.

You get Moulson - who helps you get to the cap floor.
Baptiste gives you a viable AHLer with NHL upside.
The picks add depth you the team's future. Think of who Buffalo drafted in rounds 2 and 3. That's the prospects the add in.

That's a lot better for the organization in the long run than Jake McCabe.

I think the opposite works for Buffalo. Sabres are way closer to ready. Keeping McCabe and dropping Moulson is worth the organizational depth. Depth they'll make up as the trade up coming UFAs (Kane) and players that they may move (Ennis).

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
As long as that situation relies on Bogosian getting a big chunk I wouldn't call it a strong one.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Sign Yandle and draft our future top pair. No need to trade for any D that will cost 8th pick plus more. Trade for a top 6 wing like Rick Nash that a team needs to dump and wont cost a lot of assets.

McCabe and Gorges is quality bottom 4. Yandle can play with Risto, or maybe McCabe takes a step up and can play with Risto. But anyways, develop Guhle and 8th pick.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
As long as that situation relies on Bogosian getting a big chunk I wouldn't call it a strong one.

Injured-and-recovering Bogosian, I'll grant.

But the last part of the season, he was playing decently....for having no chemistry with his D-partner who became more of an anchor as the season wore on.

We're still looking for the best complements for our top 2 LHDs.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm pretty certain Bogosian is the most underrated player on HFboards.

Eh.

I think most around here see him for what he is -- a fine 2nd pair RHD that has times that he looks like he could be a 1st pair RHD......and times that he looks like a 3rd pair RHD.

I just think there's a vocal minority that can't stand him.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Injured-and-recovering Bogosian, I'll grant.

But the last part of the season, he was playing decently....for having no chemistry with his D-partner who became more of an anchor as the season wore on.

We're still looking for the best complements for our top 2 LHDs.

Who was the anchor, McCabe? Bogosian was worse away from McCabe, McCabe was better away from Bogosian.

Bogosian played his best with Risto.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Bogo is a stud 2nd pair Dman. He played like poop for 25ish games last year but the majority of his time here he's been pretty damn good.

I have no interest in trading Bogo especially psycho Bogo.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Bogo is a stud 2nd pair Dman. He played like poop for 25ish games last year but the majority of his time here he's been pretty damn good.

I have no interest in trading Bogo especially psycho Bogo.

IMO this is a solid bottom 4.

Gorges - Bogo
McCabe - Pysyk

I would like to see Bylsma put this together and never change it all year.

Murray needs to find Risto a partner for the short-term this offseason.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Eh.

I think most around here see him for what he is -- a fine 2nd pair RHD that has times that he looks like he could be a 1st pair RHD......and times that he looks like a 3rd pair RHD.

I just think there's a vocal minority that can't stand him.

I wouldn't call Jets fans a minority. :laugh:

I prefer Bogosian with Gorges too so that there is someone back covering when he gambles, be it pinching, rushing, or going for a hit. McCabe is too much like Bogosian and that creates some moments when both of them are making errors of commission on the same play.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Sign Yandle and draft our future top pair. No need to trade for any D that will cost 8th pick plus more. Trade for a top 6 wing like Rick Nash that a team needs to dump and wont cost a lot of assets.

McCabe and Gorges is quality bottom 4. Yandle can play with Risto, or maybe McCabe takes a step up and can play with Risto. But anyways, develop Guhle and 8th pick.

Guhles a few years away, I'd say 3. That's decent given the role he should play in the top 4.

We continue to let McCabe mature, he'll be just fine. Top 4 as well.

We are looking for a top pair LHD, trade would be my guess but against my better judgement, I won't rule out Yandle.

I'd like to believe GMTM swings a deal with Edmonton for a move up from 8 to 4. I heavily suspect Pysyk in that arrangement.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Georges-Bogosian would make for a nice third pairing.

Yeah. On an Olympic team.

If you have Bogo on a 3rd pair it means your team d is stacked and you're probably in the process of winning your 3rd Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad