Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Barzal a little annoyed at how seasons going and missing out on Parise. Called him one of his favorite teammates he’s had

I’m sure he has plenty of mirrors in his home…he may want to look at one and think about his contribution to that.

Fingers crossed Vancouver cheap out on Petterssen and he asks for a trade. Isles can flip Barzal back and move on from him.

Reactions: Glory Days

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
I was one of the few , years back that wasn’t in the “Lou’s God” club. Certainly not all moves were bad but a heck of a lot were questionable. He’s let this team get older and slower while selling our youth to try and fill gaps. As many can now see , all he’s got left is coaching changes and his last Hail Mary is Patrick Roy

PJGooch

Aug 2, 2005
Right now the isles are on pace for 87 points, the current 8th seed Detroit is pacing for 94 points. In order for the isles to finish the season with 95 points they need to finish the rest of the season with 44 points in 34 games, a pace of 106 points over a full season. I just don’t see that happening, and even if it does 95 points may not be enough.
Correct, but this same exact analysis was posted all through last January as well, and they unexpectedly turned it around. Barring a 10-game losing streak, there is no chance they are selling anything.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Correct, but this same exact analysis was posted all through last January as well, and they unexpectedly turned it around. Barring a 10-game losing streak, there is no chance they are selling anything.
They acquired Horvat and Engvall, and Barzal was out of the lineup until the playoffs.

Roy will have enough insight into what he wants and what players are not up to the task. Lou will probably accommodate.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Right now the isles are on pace for 87 points, the current 8th seed Detroit is pacing for 94 points. In order for the isles to finish the season with 95 points they need to finish the rest of the season with 44 points in 34 games, a pace of 106 points over a full season. I just don’t see that happening, and even if it does 95 points may not be enough.
I'm not disputing your numbers, however one 3 or 4 game winning streak combined with a team or two ahead losing a couple and those numbers are out the window. Just play the games and see what happens.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I was one of the few , years back that wasn’t in the “Lou’s God” club. Certainly not all moves were bad but a heck of a lot were questionable. He’s let this team get older and slower while selling our youth to try and fill gaps. As many can now see , all he’s got left is coaching changes and his last Hail Mary is Patrick Roy

I just need to touch base on the bolded and likely won't reply back to you. You were bitching and moaning while the team was in the midst of deep playoff runs. It is cute to see you come out NOW however while this team was having the most successful run since the 80's you were making the same posts. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and somehow you were only right once.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
The Key to this season now is Pelech and Pulock. If both can be reunited and return to form, we have a chance of sneaking into the playoff if we steal a few games from real contenders and give up no more losses to lesser teams we should beat.
But what worries me is I think we may have already seen their best Hockey as Players....

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I definitely wouldn't sell, I do agree that with the place in standings we shouldn't buy but I also really believe in Roy so I'm torn. My feelings this season has been fire the coach, save your first but I like the direction of the team after 3 games, looking forward to tonight and seeing where the team places itself by the deadline to continue this conversation but really it's up to the players on what Lou does. For today and tomorrow I think we should keep our first but you don't get Buch without one but man I don't want to waste the years Barzy, Horvat, Nelson and Dobber are having. I might be optimistic but Sorokin is still a top 3 goalie in talent. I really need this team in the dance.

To add to my run on thought above, the metro sucks this year. Going 21-10-3 or whatever is doable. Very doable.

I think moving all ufas and getting extra middle round picks and clearing cap space can only help. If we move Nelson he would be very tough to replace, but if you get a 1st and a couple of good prospects I would entertain it. Nelson is a good player, but he’s not getting any younger. See who becomes available in the offseason, maybe you can move a 1st+ for a quality young player that isn’t available right now. It also opens up cap space to sign someone like Tarasenko.

100%. The deadline isn’t for another 6 weeks or so, but if they fall a few points further out of it they need to sell.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
In addition to not noticing the "In Lou We Trust" contingent, I also didn't realize there was a Proactive Ignore Button option here. :laugh:

Aside from the fact that I've told people on here for years about ignoring me and assuming that I'm probably on "ignore" to you, I couldn't resist replying with..."Well then you're obviously not that observant."

Now if you actually didn't ignore me, then that is pure poetry.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
His family ain’t flying commercial and there’s one hour time zone difference….

Who said anything about flying commercial? Those are the same flight times if you fly private.

I really don’t care what his choice is. Selanne and Kariya played this game once upon a time and got a cup of coffee…

PS - Colorado ain’t winning the Cup says my crystal ball.

Oh now you don't care why and where Parise signed. Well Barzal does...

And good to know you don't think the Colorado isn't winning the Cup. Always hard to take the field over just one team. But answer us this...Who do you think has a better chance to win the Cup - The Islanders or the team that Parise just signed with?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I like Roy, but we need to blow it up - just keep Brazal, Dobson, Sorkin and Horvat...that's it. EVERYONE ELSE IS FAIR GAME

We have to stop this madness. Pelech and Pullock need to be traded while they have little value left. Nelson too unfortunately.

I pretty much agree with you, but to give you an idea how bad things are...I don't think Pelech or Pulock have any meanginful trade value (especially with those contracts). No one is going to take on 5-6 years of term with guys who are injured and are average at best even when they are healthy.

I’m sure he has plenty of mirrors in his home…he may want to look at one and think about his contribution to that.

Fingers crossed Vancouver cheap out on Petterssen and he asks for a trade. Isles can flip Barzal back and move on from him.

Man you get upset with people who simply speak the truth. So much so that you're willing to trade 1 of the only 2 forwards in the entire organization who can actually create offense.

Reactions: wasthere7980

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I pretty much agree with you, but to give you an idea how bad things are...I don't think Pelech or Pulock have any meanginful trade value (especially with those contracts). No one is going to take on 5-6 years of term with guys who are injured and are average at best even when they are healthy.

Man you get upset with people who simply speak the truth. So much so that you're willing to trade 1 of the only 2 forwards in the entire organization who can actually create offense.
And not so much else game after game…I’ll speak the truth. The isles ain’t winning anything with that player as the focus of the franchise.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
And not so much else game after game…I’ll speak the truth. The isles ain’t winning anything with that player as the focus of the franchise.

Do tell...

So your happiness on a scale of 1-10 when Lou resigned him to an 8-year/73 million dollar deal?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Why are you so obsessed with other posters? You love playing the gotcha card. It’s so boring

I hate the direction this team is going and shocked/annoyed that others don't see it. I don't specifically attack any single poster, but rather I reply to the post itself. It's just that if someone things this team has a realistic chance at winning the Cup this year they'll most likely keep expressing that one way or the other in most of their posts.

And if I'm so boring to you why haven't you ignored me yet? I've actually ignored most of the people that I felt were actually impossible and I feel better since.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I
I hate the direction this team is going and shocked/annoyed that others don't see it. I don't specifically attack any single poster, but rather I reply to the post itself. It's just that if someone things this team has a realistic chance at winning the Cup this year they'll most likely keep expressing that one way or the other in most of their posts.

And if I'm so boring to you why haven't you ignored me yet? I've actually ignored most of the people that I felt were actually impossible and I feel better since.
I can’t ignore you, I am a mod. Let people feel the way they feel this is a message board and people can have their own opinions. You trying to beat them over the head with whatever you feel want isn’t going to change anything on the ice. None of us work for the team or if the collective consciousness changes it’s not changing anything.

You aren’t breaking any rules but it’s really going against the spirit of open discussion.

Last edited:

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
I just need to touch base on the bolded and likely won't reply back to you. You were bitching and moaning while the team was in the midst of deep playoff runs. It is cute to see you come out NOW however while this team was having the most successful run since the 80's you were making the same posts. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and somehow you were only right once.
That’s ok if you don’t want to reply back you can’t bitch about something that hasn’t happened yet but by NO means when they were in their Covid glory was I ever convinced that they were a cup contender but with the right moves might be further along. Not sure what side of the fence you are on because I don’t pay a lot of attention to your posts but I can tell you this broken clock has been right more than twice and instead of making a smart ass comment, tell me how this gets back to at least the Covid years when it comes to their play

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Do tell...

So your happiness on a scale of 1-10 when Lou resigned him to an 8-year/73 million dollar deal?
How about we just go with, doubtful he earns it and the team doesn’t win while he’s here.

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Aside from the fact that I've told people on here for years about ignoring me and assuming that I'm probably on "ignore" to you, I couldn't resist replying with..."Well then you're obviously not that observant."

Now if you actually didn't ignore me, then that is pure poetry.
You posted your thoughts and then said that I didn't need to reply to you, which I viewed as kind of arrogant so I made a "proactive ignore" crack in response. That's really all that was going on. BTW, I've never put anyone on ignore on this or any other board going back to 1996. I don't even understand the point of doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad