Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
I think Lou thinks our top 4 dmen are set with long contracts.

So I think Lou would more be looking for a bottom pair or depth if anything.

I think Lou still knows we need more talent up front.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
1677713030813.png

What a joke

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Why weren’t we in on Chychrun? I’ll give you the answer. We likely were, but Arizona’s demand was stupid. So we pivoted to Romanov, used the 2023 first rounder on Horvat, and Arizona was left with fewer and fewer partners to work with as other teams went in other directions. You can certainly do worse than getting a 2023 first rounder from a team currently out of playoff position I guess, and that’s the advantage Ottawa had over us. It was also the advantage they had with DeBrincat.

A little surprised that they haven’t managed to collect any 2023 seconds, they’d likely be able to jump back into the late first with a pair of them. Four each for the following two years!

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
If our top 4 is set for years where we going to put Jacob? Lou obviously believes in this defensive group. Dobson and Romanov are both only 23 also. I don't see Pelech or Pulock moving so I never thought that Jacob would be coming to us without one of them leaving.

Dobson is going to want money and so will Jacob when his contract is done. I believe his and Jacob's contract are both done in the same year both will command a lot of money if they keep moving in the right direction.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
If our top 4 is set for years where we going to put Jacob? Lou obviously believes in this defensive group. Dobson and Romanov are both only 23 also. I don't see Pelech or Pulock moving so I never thought that Jacob would be coming to us without one of them leaving.

Dobson is going to want money and so will Jacob when his contract is done. I believe his and Jacob's contract are both done in the same year both will command a lot of money if they keep moving in the right direction.

For a team that is supposed to be contending this top four is not good enough.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
For a team that is supposed to be contending this top four is not good enough.
neither is our forwards though....

I think our defense is in better shape than our forwards, a lot due to great goaltending but they also need to work as a unit and get rid of Aho.

Also possibility that we signed Mayfield and haven't announced it yet?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
The same people complaining we didn't get Chychrun are the same people that would complain if we "mortgaged the future" to get him.
Or maybe there’s some nuance to the situation where we shouldn’t have mortgaged the future in the first place, but since we already did we should try to win now.

Reactions: The Real JT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad