Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Matt Moulson was loved by this fanbase until we saw what he could do in the playoffs. Which was nothing.
And how he fell of a cliff w/o Tavares. Wish the Isles had a player that was their highest paid that made the players around them better…

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

Hinostroza could be an upgrade on some of our guys at this point, he hasn't played a lot in Buffalo but he works his ass off in a similar mold to Parise. Not a game changer at all but hell we get another hard worker like Fasching and it could help. Worst case he eats a contract spot and you send him to the minors where he only costs 600k on the cap for the year.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Hinostroza could be an upgrade on some of our guys at this point, he hasn't played a lot in Buffalo but he works his ass off in a similar mold to Parise. Not a game changer at all but hell we get another hard worker like Fasching and it could help. Worst case he eats a contract spot and you send him to the minors where he only costs 600k on the cap for the year.

When everyone is healthy which vet does he play over? I’m gonna bet it won’t be Bailey or Beauvillier.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

The two of them together have 1G/9A

Sebastian Aho has 4G/5A

WHY?????

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
All the young dudes

Supposedly concussed
one of my all time favorite bands....have live LP on spotify, listen all the time

always trying to wend it back to topic, wonder if Lou is gonna double up on the Mott's tonight. Pork chops and spinach early bird at the "home" on Wed right?

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
one of my all time favorite bands....have live LP on spotify, listen all the time

always trying to wend it back to topic, wonder if Lou is gonna double up on the Mott's tonight. Pork chops and spinach early bird at the "home" on Wed right?
Or fish at Howard Johnson's 😀
Playing the different set of kids is fine, but this team is going nowhere without a bonafide scorer. And really, they need a faceoff guy and someone to drive the power play. I'm on the verge of hoping for a sell off.

Reactions: Mike C

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
The more games Pelech misses the more likely it is this team is a seller at the deadline. His presence matters so much.

Mayfield
Parise
Varlamov

^ all of them should be moved unless Mayfield is going to sign for peanuts. With the direction the NHL is going I think the Isles have enough bigger bodies on the defensive end.

I'd be open to dealing Nelson if they can get the right package. Don't think they can trade guys like Bailey, Clutterbuck, and Beauvillier.

The next time this organization falls in love with fourth liners they should be reminded of what happens when you sign them for far too long.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The more games Pelech misses the more likely it is this team is a seller at the deadline. His presence matters so much.

Mayfield
Parise
Varlamov

^ all of them should be moved unless Mayfield is going to sign for peanuts. With the direction the NHL is going I think the Isles have enough bigger bodies on the defensive end.

I'd be open to dealing Nelson if they can get the right package. Don't think they can trade guys like Bailey, Clutterbuck, and Beauvillier.

The next time this organization falls in love with fourth liners they should be reminded of what happens when you sign them for far too long.
Pelech, Dobson, Barzal and Sorokin are the only things I’m keeping at this point, everything else can be discussed.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Mayfield
Parise
Varlamov

I agree with so much of this, but I won't believe that Lou is going to be a seller until I see an actual roster player go out the door for a reason other than the cap.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Which is why ownership should step in and put in someone willing to make those moves. This team doesn’t need a total tear down but the core needs to be broken up.

So true, but...

The way I hear Ledecky gush every time he speaks about Lou it sure feels like he's Ledecky's "garth snow."

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Ledecky is just a positive mouthpiece, if the fans give him enough shit he will take action. He takes his marching orders from STHers

Actually I think he takes his marching orders from Malkin. I picture Ledecky trying to secure UBS arena with Oak View Group, the Governor, etc and I just smirk/squirm.

Reactions: WangMustGo

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

Mayfield
Parise
Varlamov

Extending clutterbuck is still baffling to me. Despite the small price.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
unfortunately if we do what we should be doing we’re going to be in a world of hurt for a couple of years. there simply isn’t enough talent on this team, and we don’t have a difference making coach to cover it up anymore.

GM needs to go. Coach needs to go. Various veterans that are signed to poor contracts need to go. Going to be a rough couple of years

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I hear you, I think Lou mis-calculated what he had. It might of been better if Trotz didn’t have immediate success which could of allowed time for some accumulation of assets to make a more serious run a year or 2 later. As it stands from my point of view, Lou needs to relinquish his GM duties and focus on building the Islanders brand as President only.
Love to see a Mark Hunter GM hire
I doubt. Lou wants a figurehead role at 80 years old, he probably just retires. Perhaps he does a role in that fashion next year, perhaps is involved in hiring a new GM but I would be pretty shocked if he is GM next year.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
unfortunately if we do what we should be doing we’re going to be in a world of hurt for a couple of years. there simply isn’t enough talent on this team, and we don’t have a difference making coach to cover it up anymore.

GM needs to go. Coach needs to go. Various veterans that are signed to poor contracts need to go. Going to be a rough couple of years
the talent that we're missing could take a decade to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad