Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Guessing whatever Monahan cost to trade, Lou didn’t want to do in the end. Or perhaps Kadri just preferred CGY.

We’ll likely never know.

Reactions: SI

Drive 4 Five

Sep 5, 2006
Isles dodged a bullet here IMO. If there are no more moves on offense to make, I just hope they try to land Dobson for 8 years. They have the space to do it now. Lock him up long-term, bridge Romanov, and give Bellows his minimum. There would probably be a little bit left for another depth addition at around $1m.

Reactions: Glorydays22

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
So now that we don’t need the cap space this season and it gets more flexible as we go..

Dobber on a 7-8 year deal is more appealing and if we could get Barzy done too that’d be great

I am/was split on Kadri. While the playing style would fit and help immediately, the position (even though you can never have too many centers) and presumably AAV and term would create other issues down the line.

At a minimum, I would like to see Barzal, Dobson and even Romanov locked up to long-term deals that are fair for both the players and team. No reason not to get that done.

Then keep looking for a potential hockey trade, if the right deal comes along.

To me, the perfect player to play alongside Barzal is Nikolaj Ehlers. He was the guy I wanted in that draft. I would move Beauvillier+ for him right now. In a perfect world, I would trade Bailey and Beauvillier for Ehlers and Dillon. That solves both of the Isles remaining issues (topline forward and LHD) and helps the Jets add secondary scoring for lines 2 and 3, while moving out an extra defenseman. I believe it also saves the Jets real $$$.

Otherwise signings like Stasny and/or Rodrigues and a LHD for competition would be fine with me. Bring in a few good players upfront and let them battle it out in camp and preseason. Then just trade or send the odd player or two out to the AHL (where they might even be claimed and the contract is gone).

Reactions: MJF and Kevin27NYI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad