Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Kadri is friends with Tavares, that alone made me think it was odd that he was going to sign here as I am sure he sympathizes with Tavares and the fans treatment of him, wouldn't surprise me if he was trolling Lou and the Islanders all along and had no intention of signing here and was telling "sources" he was

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Kadri is friends with Tavares, that alone made me think it was odd that he was going to sign here as I am sure he sympathizes with Tavares and the fans treatment of him, wouldn't surprise me if he was trolling Lou and the Islanders all along and had no intention of signing here and was telling "sources" he was
Yeah, nobody on the roster is friends with him still.

Reactions: xECK29x

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I really can't judge this until I see the terms. If it comes out at 40M or less total over 6-7 years it's a loss. If it comes up 40-50M over 6-7 years, it's a meh. If it's over 50, it's a sigh of relief.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
oh yes, it's all a conspiracy

Reactions: danteipp

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lmao, if he couldn't move money around these past two months, he won't now when training camp starts in a month.
Miller's cap hit is only 5.25M per.

That's a lot more palatable than what Kadri is likely to get and what Gaudreau got.

Also, he's more proven and younger than Kadri, it could be a blessing in disguise if Lou can pull it off.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I am out of ideas to improve this team now before training camp and new season. Unless Lou goes big here trading Varly which is doubtful, I highly doubt we have enough to improve their greatest weakness. An underperforming first line.

or perhaps Lou is considering Raty will make a splash.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
While i dont think its the worst thing ever that we didnt get him. Its still a really bad look that this team cant sign anyone. I remember hearing "just wait until we have a new arena. The FAs will be flocking here...".
Gross' latest podcast really speculating that season tickets are way down and this whole Lou cone of silence thing is starting to really hurt the business of the team. It's a good point too because seriously what is there to be excited about right now?

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
How can the flames fit kad under the cap? Thought they have almost no room.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Lmao, if he couldn't move money around these past two months, he won't now when training camp starts in a month.
That's not necessarily true. Injuries do happen. But I really don't trust Miller in the east. I've seen it.

NYI can't be buyers at the deadline. Forgoing another 1st round pick would be a long-term disaster (unless it's used like it was in the Romanov deal).

Lambert better be okay taking the training wheels off of Barzal. His play will probably be the difference between playoffs, and a deadline sell-off.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Flip side, Lou signed him to the deal he's coming off and trusted him when no one else in TO did. I doubt highly he was trolling Lou. I'm guessing Lou had an offer he wouldn't go up from and the agent kept shopping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad