Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
The f*** does this have to do with us and not these stupid insders?
Because Lou didn’t do anything all off season, and the belief was he was big game hunting and comes up empty handed (I’m glad he didn’t sign here), but Lou didn’t make any moves at all to help this roster…

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
How can the flames fit kad under the cap? Thought they have almost no room.
Monahan is basically LTIR-retired. And so long as they're under the 10% overage, they're okay. It just means that Kadri can't make 9-10M AAV. Otherwise, he fits.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Because Lou didn’t do anything all off season, and the belief was he was big game hunting and comes up empty handed (I’m glad he didn’t sign here), but Lou didn’t make any moves at all to help this roster…
ok so, we can't do anything about that as fans, don't get baited into the nonsense.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I am out of ideas to improve this team now before training camp and new season. Unless Lou goes big here trading Varly which is doubtful, I highly doubt we have enough to improve their greatest weakness. An underperforming first line.

or perhaps Lou is considering Raty will make a splash.
You start year as is, this is a playoff contention team as currently constructed and go from there. In season moves are what can move needle up if needed.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Have a press conference then so we’re not all left waiting for something that doesn’t exist.
A press conference to tell you what? That he isn't going to make any moves? This sounds silly, especially if he's trying to make moves.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
ok so, we can't do anything about that as fans, don't get baited into the nonsense.
Oh absolutely not, but you know there will be plenty that just pile on, because of said insiders consistently linking the islanders to Kadri.

When you don’t do anything else to improve the roster, you better make something happen after the f***ing cone of silence left the fan base in the dark, and come away with zero upgrades. The man is utterly clueless

Reactions: xECK29x

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Have a press conference then so we’re not all left waiting for something that doesn’t exist.
Maybe now he will, I wasn’t totally into the Kadri to Isles in a drawer camp. My guess was he still didn’t decide and we’re waiting. Now it’s over so let’s see.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
I think it's the tease that makes us Angry. Before Lou EVERY fan knew the team wasn't signing top tier FA. Since Lou, every summer the isles are in on (insert big name her) only to lose out. That's something that needs to change or make more trades. After firing Trotz there is no question that this year and the end result falls on LL.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
I wonder if we're going to get the same excuse as the Gaudreau situation, that Lou wasn't really interested. It's funny the amount of excuses Lou gets. When was the last time the old man even appeared to the media? Back to back offseasons of nothing.

Reactions: IslandersFan17

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Even if Calgary comes in at 7/42 (which I doubt) it is/was a huge pass for me. I assume he will get his 7+ which only makes it more of a sigh of relief we didn't sign him...

I simply wasn't rewarding him with that many years for one season of elite output when he was a per82 52-pt player throughout his career before last season.

Lou (so far with little time left) has failed this offseason but this retreat is certainly not one of the reasons, this was actually a smart move not to give him 7 years at age 32...

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Flip side, Lou signed him to the deal he's coming off and trusted him when no one else in TO did. I doubt highly he was trolling Lou. I'm guessing Lou had an offer he wouldn't go up from and the agent kept shopping around.
It's already been 'reported' that NYI couldn't move the necessary cap space to sign Kadri.

How can the flames fit kad under the cap? Thought they have almost no room.
They made traded Lucic (I've been hearing Boston rumblings) and Monahan.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I wonder if we're going to get the same excuse as the Gaudreau situation, that Lou wasn't really interested. It's funny the amount of excuses Lou gets. When was the last time the old man even appeared to the media? Back to back offseasons of nothing.
I think it’ll be spun that Kadri intended to sign here, and was patient but Lou didn’t like the offers he was getting, couldn’t move the money and Kadri moved on.

Again, we dodged a major bullet, but to be this lackluster in making moves cause his ego, bad look

Reactions: Lights911

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I think it's the tease that makes us Angry. Before Lou EVERY fan knew the team wasn't signing top tier FA. Since Lou, every summer the isles are in on (insert big name her) only to lose out. That's something that needs to change or make more trades. After firing Trotz there is no question that this year and the end result falls on LL.
This is exactly it. JT, panarin, johnny hockey, kadri
We now realize we will never land anyone ever. So no longer expect a thing

• Haha
Reactions: GoAwayGiannone

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'd think so, which would mean money would have to be moved out for that too. It might be easier next season but who knows...
Yes money would have to be moved....

- Bailey and Beauvillier might be more attractive on one year deals
- Clutterbuck and Martin may be LTIR'd by that time
- I assume Varlamov re-ups for a couple million less
- Both Pageau and Palmieri will have 16 team NTCs
- Barzal is still technically still not inked long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad