Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Ding, ding, ding.

Folks, we have a winner. There’s now 100 pundits who have over the last month tweeted Kadri’s imminent signing with the Isles.

I’m not saying it won’t happen but wouldn’t it be great to see all these geniuses backtrack if he signs elsewhere?
Apparently family members of his changed all their information to flames related pictures and what not. Do with that what you will, but I would absolutely love to see him go to Calgary.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
NHL Rumors Daily also mentioned Calgary as a potential spot. My guess is they are going to send Lucic to Boston for Foligno, shedding some cap in he process. Maybe move a D as well to acquire some more cap.

Curious to see how/if Lamoriello pivots if Kadri signs with the Flames.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If Kadri signs with the Flames, give me Stastny on a one year deal.

Nelson-Barzal-Palmieri
Lee-Stastny-Beauvillier
Bailey-Pageau-Wahlstrom
Parise-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
What a massive charade and waste of time this whole thing has been if Kadri signs elsewhere. If the inability to unload cap space is the reason then color me shocked, no one adds average players making 4+ weeks after July 1st/beginning of FA.

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
Nothing is official yet, but the dominoes are starting to fall again. What's plan Z? It better not be Zdeno...

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
Players the Isles have signed since the draft:

Odelius, Calle
Aho, Sebastian
Salo, Robin
Koivula, Otto
Hutton, Grant
Andreoff, Andy
Appleby, Ken
Kubiak, Jeff

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They are very relevant. You don’t throw the baby away with the bath water because it helps your argument.

You don’t sign bad/marginal players, nor do you over pay. Acting like the flat cap is the sole reason when they were bad/overplayed players under contract is a bold approach.

He constructed the roster and contracts with the information he had at the time, which allowed for Toews to be re-signed. Then the pandemic happened.

That doesn't mean those deals were good, but they were not the reason for Toews being traded. You want to put too much weight on those deals, but like I said, replace those players with better ones and the same cap structure (which he would've done because nobody was expecting the flat cap) and the same thing would've happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad