Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I am not saying I disagree with most of what you wrote, but am I missing something? The team might move? We just opened a new arena.
Nobody is saying the team might move now. But when the fans stop buying tickets there is a cost.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Nobody is saying the team might move now. But when the fans stop buying tickets there is a cost.
As a fanbase we overrate ourselves. When things don't go well fans stop going even though you can pickup decent tickets for $15. Our hardcore fans are world class however.

Reactions: MJF and Mike C

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
And restoring respectability to the org in the eyes of the NHL - both within the league and in the hockey press.
Was there not a study recently that showed the isles were like top 10 in worth or value as far as NHL franchises now? Thank you Lou the worm has turned these last 4 years.

Reactions: JKP

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Was there not a study recently that showed the isles were like top 10 in worth or value as far as NHL franchises now? Thank you Lou the worm has turned these last 4 years.
Thanks to Snow. It's his roster. He deserves most of the credit for the current value of the franchise.

Reactions: Sheva7

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY

That wont happen.. LOL. The team simply needs to put on a winning product. Like "Field of Dreams", whisper it with me.

IF YOU BEAT THEM... THEY WILL COME!!!!

Put on a winning product and people will pay. Heck I was at the Rock in November watching the Devils/Islanders. It was practically an Islanders home game. If the Islanders put on a solid product and they win games, people will pay to see them. This goes for every sport! You come to see winners!

Its like the Mighty Ducks movie when the dad yells at coach Bombay. "This is what I am spending my OT money on? Too see my kids take dives"

I aint paying to see scrubs.

JUST WIN BABY - Al Davis

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I mean, I believe Lou has done a lot and restored a ton of credibility, but, honestly, the rise in franchise value is tied directly to the new building, me thinks.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Not being a tenant and the brand new arena that includes more luxury boxes, opportunities for corporate sponsorship, piece of high value events action including concerts, and potential revenue from accompanying development of the site is responsible for the rise in value.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Probably because of UBS Arena.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Not being a tenant and the brand new arena that includes more luxury boxes, opportunities for corporate sponsorship, piece of high value events action including concerts, and potential revenue from accompanying development of the site is responsible for the rise in value.
Didn't sweet Lou oversea this operation as well? Can't imagine snowey doing it so well.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Didn't sweet Lou oversea this operation as well? Can't imagine snowey doing it so well.

I mean I'm sure he helped, but this is really something that's down to Malkin and Ledecky and their adeptness at crossing every t and dotting every I to get real estate developments done.

Reactions: mm11

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Thanks to Snow. It's his roster. He deserves most of the credit for the current value of the franchise.
OK then, so you have to acknowledge that roster didn't preform until Lou and company came on board, sans Dobson & Wahlstrom correct? An atmosphere of accountability and professionalism was established a world class coach brought in and hockey people were placed in key positions something not present previously!

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I mean I'm sure he helped, but this is really something that's down to Malkin and Ledecky and their adeptness at crossing every t and dotting every I to get real estate developments done.
makes sense, but there is accountability now in all aspects. Which in turn places the cross-hairs right now on old man Lou after firing Trotz. Even the esteemed GM must be accountable, starts at the top.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Probably because of UBS Arena.
Yes but that's because ownership using there own money thought it was worth the investment. And it appears it was, many non-hockey fans I know have been to events at UBS and rave about it. If you recall there was much discussion early on if the NY area could support so many large venues. And apparently artist are liking UBS.

Reactions: crasherino and MJF

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
makes sense, but there is accountability now in all aspects. Which in turn places the cross-hairs right now on old man Lou after firing Trotz. Even the esteemed GM must be accountable, starts at the top.

Full agreement here mm.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Realize there’s difference between coming off one bad year and decades of mismanagement. What we have here now in no way resembles the mess this franchise was in the 1990s. Lou hasn’t dome a damn thing in his 4 prior years? I guess he just Forest Gumped his way through his time here. Improvements in record for 3 straight years coming off losing Tavares. Back-to-back trips to the semis. I’d say that’s something.

Spend your money however you want. Vote with your wallet if it makes you feel good. Just remember that for every action there’s a reaction. We almost lost our team once.
He hired a guy that made the most of a roster he did very little to improve on. Then fired that guy.

Again acting like there is this ultimatum, spend on tickets or we are leaving is a trash tactic.

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
He hired a guy that made the most of a roster he did very little to improve on. Then fired that guy.

Again acting like there is this ultimatum, spend on tickets or we are leaving is a trash tactic.
Agree 100 percent on Trotz but I did applaud Lou getting Palmieri and Pageau who fit great at the time and almost brought us a cup. I honestly wouldn't trade those 2 runs and if indeed Kadri ( if he joins the family), Romanov and whoever else comes in gets us in position, I'm ok with it.

Definitely do wish Barry was given another chance but also over it and rooting for Lambert the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad