Roster Building XX: How Many Patents Does Your GM Have?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Geekie want return a cane?

Also, put me down in agreement with @Stickpucker - that looks like detroit style pizza.
It's the "Upstate NY special" aka. BufflChix or Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pizza. I live in Binghamton and every pizza place between here, Syracuse, and Rochester/Niagara serves that abomination.

Weirdly, I've never found it inside Buffalo.

Edit: My take away is that Central NY is very interested. Except...we only have AHL teams.

Last edited:

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
It's the "Upstate NY special" aka. BufflChix or Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pizza. I live in Binghamton and every pizza place between here, Syracuse, and Rochester/Niagara serves that abomination.

Weirdly, I've never found it inside Buffalo.

Edit: My take away is that Central NY is very interested. Except...we only have AHL teams.
Ah - i can see that. My knowledge of upstate pizza is limited, beyond seeing the facebook page of a place my cousin worked in avon back in the day.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
If BUF is “pushing hard” they’re probably trying to get CAR to bite on something like 11OA + Peyton Krebs.

Quinn or Paterka is who I’d imagine the Canes would want

Considering the injury history, Quinn is likely the more realistic trade target than Peterka. I'd still take the chance on him if I were the Canes.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

~17:18

LeBrun elaborated on Necas. Apparently teams have "some frustration" with the asking price.

Sometimes, I wonder if HF is a better representation of how things work than we think.

What the ask?
Quality return.
Not happening. How about about a late 1st and B-prospect?
No.
He's not worth more. 53 points!
They don't have to trade him.
He wants out.
It's not up to him.
He could sign an offersheet. <-- Decision makers are here

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
IMG_4934.png

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
I dunno, I feel Carolina is "in" on everyone the way hyenas wait at the edge of the herd for a gazelle to falter and for once there isn't a lion or a cheetah or a super giraffe right there to take advantage.

In this case Guentzel overplays his hand and doesn't land 11 mil aav or whatever and comes crawling back to us.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I dunno, I feel Carolina is "in" on everyone the way hyenas wait at the edge of the herd for a gazelle to falter and for once there isn't a lion or a cheetah or a super giraffe right there to take advantage.

In this case Guentzel overplays his hand and doesn't land 11 mil aav or whatever and comes crawling back to us.
Guentzel’s chance of coming back lowers when going from 8 years to 7.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Guentzel’s chance of coming back lowers when going from 8 years to 7.

That's somewhat true, but even if that's the case, I think that people are underrating the chance that Guentzel stays. I maintain the view that having one of Guentzel or Necas under contract is workable with the way that Carolina usually builds teams. Especially if the Canes can successfully pry someone like Quinn from Buffalo (or an equivalent talent elsewhere) in a Necas trade, they'd have one season of Quinn under his ELC, which would open up the space to a Guentzel extension and have space for one of Skjei or Pesce.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Quinn and a good pick would be a plenty fair package. Quinn can score. I wouldn’t expect the 11oa in that package. A later first, next years maybe (protected). Maybe a second and another pick added.

Quinn is a fair core piece in a Necas trade.

I'd do Quinn for Necas straight-up. Seriously. Maybe even add a pick on our end because of the extra ELC year. Quinn can be that good if he can finally stay healthy.

Reactions: bleedgreen

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
I may have said this on here, because I've mentioned it so many times I don't know where I haven't. Pierre Lebrun who is pretty plugged into the Canes, said Canes made a "Pretty Strong 8yr offer". I think strong for the Canes is 8.5-9x8yrs. So that's somewhere between 68-72 million. So unless Canucks or others are offering 10.5+ x 7yrs, then Canes have to still be legitimately in the running.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I may have said this on here, because I've mentioned it so many times I don't know where I haven't. Pierre Lebrun who is pretty plugged into the Canes, said Canes made a "Pretty Strong 8yr offer". I think strong for the Canes is 8.5-9x8yrs. So that's somewhere between 68-72 million. So unless Canucks or others are offering 10.5+ x 7yrs, then Canes have to still be legitimately in the running.
If Canuck aggregator accounts are to be believed, the Canes still are “in it”:

Also, I think Friedman said as much a few days ago on NHL Network, something to the effect that they’re still trying to sign him.

On Necas:

I think BUF has the most appealing mix of young, roster players and futures in terms of a Necas trade. That Pizza Guy account (no idea if legit or not) has hinted multiple times that BUF has been aggressive on that front.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
NC isn't a very tax friendly state, but it surely has to be better than the Canadian markets. Yes?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I'd do Quinn for Necas straight-up. Seriously. Maybe even add a pick on our end because of the extra ELC year. Quinn can be that good if he can finally stay healthy.

Seems like a big if considering his last 3 seasons were 47, 75 and 27 games respectively.

How often do we trade a piece like Necas that can bring back a big return? I don’t want to waste the opportunity on someone who’s going to flame out due to injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad