Roster Building XX: How Many Patents Does Your GM Have?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Out of the 3 teams Seravalli named -VAN, CGY and CLB, the only returns that have been bandied about so far have been what the Canucks can offer.

What would they be after from CLB? One of their young guys, Sillinger or Johnson?

From CGY? Maybe Andersson, but he’s closing in on 30, but on a definite value contract.

Edit - Andersson is 27…so yeah, bet that’s who they’d be asking for in any trade with the Flames

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Players that aren't available for trade typically don't get weeks of coverage about how available for trade they are
most players are available for trade it just depends on the asking price. I dont think we are the ones pushing the trade button. Necas' agent is making it known his player wants out.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Out of the 3 teams Seravalli named -VAN, CGY and CLB, the only returns that have been bandied about so far have been what the Canucks can offer.

What would they be after from CLB? One of their young guys, Sillinger or Johnson?

From CGY? Maybe Andersson, but he’s closing in on 30, but on a definite value contract.

Edit - Andersson is 27…so yeah, bet that’s who they’d be asking for in any trade with the Flames
I've seen CLB fans mention Severson. If Carolina is going to have an RD signed at $6.25M through his age 36 season, I'd rather they keep Pesce. Otherwise, Columbus is a weird one where their valuable pieces are too valuable to be feasible in a Necas deal. Beyond those pieces that would take a major package from Carolina, I don't see the pieces for such a deal.

Andersson is definitely the move if Calgary is involved. I can't see Carolina going for Kadri signed through age 38.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
They made a comment that sounds like jest but was said half seriously that Dundon wants to be GM. Talks about how he calls the agents sometimes. Also talks about how Tulsky and Dundon have a strong relationship.

Also said they haven’t had trade talks with anyone about Necas and they want to try to sign him first. Says Necas himself may not believe the system lets him get to his ceiling.

Said Carter Hart was a goalie target for us prior to his issues. Said Freddie won’t be back after this coming season (shocker).
makes sense that Dundon thinks he can do it better than anyone. look for official announcement that our next GM is .......... mr. Chat GPT

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Every hockey journalist there is?
Well you never know which source you can take seriously but the podcast that was brought in yesterday said we haven’t actually haven’t had any trade talks with anyone about Necas. We’re still trying to see if we can get him signed. The media wave came from his dad making his comments and it’s snowballed from there, right? It sounds like the ones that are responsible followed up with Necas himself and “confirmed” he’s open to a fresh start. That was Lebrun and he didn’t give any particulars about who he actually talked to and what was said beyond that.

It sounds like this avalanche of coverage is potentially purely created from the Necas side. So there’s credence to the thought we may not want to trade him, and we still hold the cards. Even if that’s a bluff it gives us more control on value id imagine. Necas won’t do himself any favors by throwing a hissy fit and sitting out next year.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
most players are available for trade it just depends on the asking price. I dont think we are the ones pushing the trade button. Necas' agent is making it known his player wants out.

Even if we're not pushing the button, we're not typically an organization that keeps a player around when he wants out. Necas' time here is done. Whether it's because of money, ice time or just being a wrong fit, it doesn't really matter in the end.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Even if we're not pushing the button, we're not typically an organization that keeps a player around when he wants out. Necas' time here is done. Whether it's because of money, ice time or just being a wrong fit, it doesn't really matter in the end.
im not arguing that but the point is the team isnt likely pushing hte trade button and would match an O.S in the 7s, even if their is money up front. The risk is low of one occuring.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well without our filter in Waddell we may see a more cut throat mentality with the team and managing its assets? It feels like TD may be in position to flex his administrative muscle and not be pushed around by a dad, and if Tulsky doesn’t like the value we’re getting it’s plausible we keep Necas.

Just offering an opposing thought, generally I agree with you he’s probably done here no matter what.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well without our filter in Waddell we may see a more cut throat mentality with the team and managing its assets? It feels like TD may be in position to flex his administrative muscle and not be pushed around by a dad, and if Tulsky doesn’t like the value we’re getting it’s plausible we keep Necas.

Just offering an opposing thought, generally I agree with you he’s probably done here no matter what.

Tulsky's going to revolutionize the GM position by ignoring other GMs and talking directly to scouts/other analytic departments. He's going to bring out his spreadsheet and compare them with their own and say "Here's why we're trading Necas, and here's why you want to acquire Necas. Here's his expected value on your team. Talk to your GM to make an offer of that value."

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I don't necessarily disagree, though there's still room to keep him if we move him to C2 and put him back on PP1. The former is the one that's going to be tricky to get Rod onboard with.

Reactions: Stickpucker

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Tulsky's going to revolutionize the GM position by ignoring other GMs and talking directly to scouts/other analytic departments. He's going to bring out his spreadsheet and compare them with their own and say "Here's why we're trading Necas, and here's why you want to acquire Necas. Here's his expected value on your team. Talk to your GM to make an offer of that value."
I mean I get it, but TD has a more aggressive role in the gm process than many of us maybe really believed. My comment was directed to yours where you said we won’t keep a player who doesn’t want to be here. I mostly agree but could see a situation where if Tulsky says he doesn’t like any of the trades TD pushes for us to just keep him despite his wishes to leave.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So Dundon's there just to distract the GMs in the meanwhile?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Is Dundon about to go full Jerry Jones on the Hurricanes? Kinda feels that way.
I don't know about "full" Jerry Jones, but I believe he always wanted to be a part of the process. It's his money and his toy, I'd want a say as well. That said, he also setup the process that is in place now to get more voices in the decisions and so one person's bad ideas don't take the team with it, so it would be a bit hypocritical for him to just "lol, kidding, I'm in charge now".

That said, billionaires...

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Even before his Dad blabbed..the local coverage folks have been dropping hints that a separation was coming since the All-Star break. It's why I found DW's statement about prioritizing Jarvy and Necas's contracts surprising at the time.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don't know about "full" Jerry Jones, but I believe he always wanted to be a part of the process. It's his money and his toy, I'd want a say as well. That said, he also setup the process that is in place now to get more voices in the decisions and so one person's bad ideas don't take the team with it, so it would be a bit hypocritical for him to just "lol, kidding, I'm in charge now".

That said, billionaires...
"Gentlemen, we have installed checks and balances. But let's not forget, ultimately I'm the one who writes the checks, and has the balance."

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
I've seen CLB fans mention Severson. If Carolina is going to have an RD signed at $6.25M through his age 36 season, I'd rather they keep Pesce. Otherwise, Columbus is a weird one where their valuable pieces are too valuable to be feasible in a Necas deal. Beyond those pieces that would take a major package from Carolina, I don't see the pieces for such a deal.

Andersson is definitely the move if Calgary is involved. I can't see Carolina going for Kadri signed through age 38.
I’ve also seen them mention Marchenko, KJ, & of course, Laine.

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
I know he is a LD but would Mike Matheson (2yrs remaining at 4,5M) + pick 26 be interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad