Roster Building XIX - Did we blow the deadline? Need to ask the magic 8-ball

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Re: Necas. If the guy wants to move on, then you move on from him. While I've never played anything close to professional sports, pretty much all of my experiences in teams and work places are if a person really doesn't want to be there, you are better off moving on from them, and they are better off as well.

Doesn't mean he's a bad guy, or that the Canes did anything wrong. I just think he wants more of an opportunity because his paycheck will suffer as he doesn't get it. These guys don't make it to the NHL if they aren't super competitive.

A couple of years ago, Trocheck was quoted as saying that Rod was the best coach he's ever played for, yet it didn't stop him from doing what was best for him personally, and I don't blame him.

Tony, at his exit interview, said he had nothing bad to say about Brindy, but he wants to play and he's going to try to go to a spot where he can play.

I view Necas the same way and hold no ill will toward him, but think the Canes should move on from him if he truly wants to move on.

On the flip side, if it's just a negotiation ploy, then they'll work it out.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Dreger thinks 8+ million per. That’s about 1.5 million too much

You could make an argument for Lindholm at 7M long-term, but not 8M IMO. He doesn't produce enough offensively to give him that much, even compared to someone like Horvat, and IMO Horvat's contract is still quite questionable.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I'm curious what everyone thinks Lindholm is going to get in FA?
I'm guessing it starts with an 8 from someone who really needs a C, like someone who needs him to be their 1C.

Columbus wouldn't surprise me paying up for Lindholm to play with Gaudreau again.

That's not to say I disagree with @TheReelChuckFletcher on what Lindholm should get, but I do think someone's going to overpay for him on July 1.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
If he doesn't care where he ends up, it might start with an 8. For a decent team who still needs a center, I would guess closer to 7-7.5 range. I think you could make a good argument for something like 5x7m if he wanted to come back here, but that might be too rich for our taste.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
yep, as I said, I think we'll be in on Lindholm but Boston and Columbus are the teams to beat. Boston is already a strong team and has cap space. Columbus has cap space and his former linemate.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
yep, as I said, I think we'll be in on Lindholm but Boston and Columbus are the teams to beat. Boston is already a strong team and has cap space. Columbus has cap space and his former linemate.
You say that like we don't, Dave.

1716504006720.jpeg

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
If Tulsky or Darren Yorke are getting promoted I’m probably okay with Waddell leaving. That said Waddell will be missed. The guy is as nice as it gets. He’s always at PNC talking to fans. I’ve done some work with the Canes and been in and out of their offices. He goes around saying hello to all staff and asking how their days are going. Top notch guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad