Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Regardless of what we do with Fast and Kreider, I'd be down to add Jost to see if the change of scenery helps him. I still think we're lacking speed and skill in the system, and I think we could help him reach that next level, even if it's as a middle-6 scoring W.

Absolutely, he’d be a great addition. I’d be all over these Gauthier situations. We have(and will have) a few line openings so might as well try some guys out especially if they have the talent.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Absolutely, he’d be a great addition. I’d be all over these Gauthier situations. We have(and will have) a few line openings so might as well try some guys out especially if they have the talent.
He definitely does have the speed and skill, but he just hasn't been able to put it together in Colorado. I'm skeptical if he'll be able to do so here, but I think we're in a position where these types of moves - like you said with Gauthier- are what we should be trying to do.

Reactions: NYRangers16

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
He definitely does have the speed and skill, but he just hasn't been able to put it together in Colorado. I'm skeptical if he'll be able to do so here, but I think we're in a position where these types of moves - like you said with Gauthier- are what we should be trying to do.

Agreed completely. Player development can help too. We clearly have a good program given how a lot of our young guys have done this year. Nothing is guaranteed but if we can get these kinds of players on a discount and develop them we can benefit.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They need Kreider extended.

i can live with self renting Fast.

Still want a decent return on fast if we are keeping kreider. He’s still an important part to this team if they wanna make it interesting down the stretch. I’m not getting rid of him for a third rounder

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Canes have 2 first rounders, they can make this deal happen IMO.
They can easily make it happen. I wonder if JG doesn’t wanna jump in since it seems the canes might be the biggest obstacle for that wildcard?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Still want a decent return on fast if we are keeping kreider. He’s still an important part to this team if they wanna make it interesting down the stretch. I’m not getting rid of him for a third rounder
Thats sorta what I meant with regard to Fast. If we arent getting something pretty good for him (not being unrealistic and saying a 1st rounder by any means) then we might as well hold onto him. That 3rd round pick, while it could* result an NHL player, the odds are not high

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad