Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They can easily make it happen. I wonder if JG doesn’t wanna jump in since it seems the canes might be the biggest obstacle for that wildcard?
Personally, I hope not. It's not like Georgiev will be contributing for us either down the stretch.

Reactions: bl02

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They can easily make it happen. I wonder if JG doesn’t wanna jump in since it seems the canes might be the biggest obstacle for that wildcard?
They're going to get their goalie no matter what.

I doubt they'd pay the price for Georgiev and I doubt HL would waive for Carolina

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

That would seem to be a good reason for him to jump in considering Lehner is a better goalie than Georgiev/Lundqvist.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That would seem to be a good reason for him to jump in considering Lehner is a better goalie than Georgiev/Lundqvist.
That is a very fair point. Debatable but Fair point

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Man this is insane... Rangers have really been playing well lately, making it really tough on Gorton. I have no idea what he's gonna do

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Which is what? Yea nothing at all has happened in the last 3 weeks to give pause to anything and maybe, maybeee consider different options...

I really hope out GM's plan for the next 5 years hasn't changed based on a hot or cold streak in a year when we are far from a lock to make the playoffs let alone be considered to be a contender.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I really hope out GM's plan for the next 5 years hasn't changed based on a hot or cold streak in a year when we are far from a lock to make the playoffs let alone be considered to be a contender.

I dont think he's keeping everyone just to make a run or even try to make one, but I think he might value Kreider a lot more than a lot of fans do.. We will find out I guess

Reactions: NYRangers0723

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
We will see... a month ago I would've said Kreider would def be traded, now I think they sign him

If they sign him it will be to a deal they are comfortable with going forward. They aren't going to give him a 7x7 contract just because we might be able to sneak into the playoffs if we keep the team intact.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If they sign him it will be to a deal they are comfortable with going forward. They aren't going to give him a 7x7 contract just because we might be able to sneak into the playoffs if we keep the team intact.

I agree it would have to be at a number JG is comfortable with

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The only reason I think the Rangers might sign Kreider, is because they dont have anyone at all that plays like him, and thats not easy to find.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Here’s something off the grid...was told the Rangers have inquired about Michael Grabner. He is very available

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad